Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

8463790606_31656362db.jpg

Accordion lamp by Makanology, on Flickr

Yesterday and today, Mr E and I were defeated. Defeated by a US website that refuses to accept international credit cards & Paypal and that it also refuses to ship to a freight forwarding address :bangwall: :bangwall: We just wanna get 2 of the above lamps and have been researching for exactly a month :(

Can't seem to find this on TB and Alibaba. The ones on eBay are the real vintage deal which I think need lots more restoration work, while the Amazon ones are retailing at over USD100 excluding shipping. Anyone has any idea where else can we find 2 identical pieces??

Not a big problem, u can always use the "buy for me" service from comgateway or vpost.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

8463790606_31656362db.jpg

Accordion lamp by Makanology, on Flickr

Yesterday and today, Mr E and I were defeated. Defeated by a US website that refuses to accept international credit cards & Paypal and that it also refuses to ship to a freight forwarding address :bangwall: :bangwall: We just wanna get 2 of the above lamps and have been researching for exactly a month :(

Can't seem to find this on TB and Alibaba. The ones on eBay are the real vintage deal which I think need lots more restoration work, while the Amazon ones are retailing at over USD100 excluding shipping. Anyone has any idea where else can we find 2 identical pieces??

Very pretty lamps! Hmm, I'm also interested to know where can I buy this.

Edited by bleucheeze

Not a big problem, u can always use the "buy for me" service from comgateway or vpost.

We tried but the website cancelled our order. Asked their customer service and they said they do not ship to such consolidator addresses. Seems like they are only interested in US business!

Edited by Makanology

Very pretty lamps! Hmm, I'm also interested to know where can I buy this.

Kohl's but you need an US-issued credit card and an US residential or company address for them to deliver :(

Wah your Chinese is power, man! These will do but we will try to 'break' the color in to make them look vintage. Will mount them in the room :D

I thought accordion mirrors? Sure for lamps? If yes we will head there tomorrow after work!

Sorry for butting in! I was curious after reading that IKEA has accordion lamps!

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/40226002/

The online stock prognosis says it's not in stock though! Didn't see this lamp the past few times we went to IKEA. Maybe they just stocked them again :)

Make Room had one accordion lamp the last time we went. It's quite industrial looking, if that's what you're looking for.

Edited by summersann

Woah can seriously consider the ikea ones though they are not as industrial looking as summer's. but for $30 a piece, I think worth an experiment. This shall be the start of our weekend 'Project Accordion Lamps' whereby we will customize them to suit our place ;)

We are now on Project Taps whereby we have shortlisted this one for our kitchen sink:

8468569034_8caba44f61.jpg

Kitchen Sink by Makanology, on Flickr

Gorgeous black beauty right? Unfortunately we haven't seen one sold here. We haven't been to Jalan Besar yet but definitely haven't seen this at Sim Siang Choon and Hock Kee. We are now trying to get the FULL set (kitchen sink tap, bathroom taps, shower heads, towel racks, toilet paper rings etc) and ship them in. Will need to mix and match as the complete set from the same range will cost a bomb and these beauties are heavy-weight too!

Edited by Makanology

Perhaps can try spray paint that ikea accordion lamps. Hehe.

I think i saw someone here bought black taps locally.. It's quite nice, I think matte black and without the gold rims as what you posted. You planning to ship the taps in from tb?

Edited by bleucheeze

For the taps, we don't dare to trust those on TB cos we are unsure of the quality. I have read some forumers buying Joomoo brand which seems good but I don't think they come as oil rubbed bronze. Yes this is the actual description of these taps and they are not 100% black.

For the black taps you saw, did you see a complete range including shower head and rain shower?

Sorry for butting in! I was curious after reading that IKEA has accordion lamps!

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/40226002/

The online stock prognosis says it's not in stock though! Didn't see this lamp the past few times we went to IKEA. Maybe they just stocked them again :)

Make Room had one accordion lamp the last time we went. It's quite industrial looking, if that's what you're looking for.

Thanks summer. I showed the ikea lamps to Mr E and his first word was "WTF"... Afterall he did spend countless hours sourcing this online and scolding the US site, Kohl's for refusing to accept overseas business etc etc... Look high and low and our trusty IKEA has it on our little red dot!

For the taps, we don't dare to trust those on TB cos we are unsure of the quality. I have read some forumers buying Joomoo brand which seems good but I don't think they come as oil rubbed bronze. Yes this is the actual description of these taps and they are not 100% black.

For the black taps you saw, did you see a complete range including shower head and rain shower?

I didn't see it at stores, but one of the tblogs here. Sorry, don't remember which one is it...