Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Oh I forget one thing I learn about after constructing my vanity is that you must create drawers space like this 2012KBISvanity2.jpg

Edited by sheepz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Would be good if someone who have tried the Boon Lay Power nasi lemak to give a review. Strangely I have lived in the west for almost my whole life but I never tried it before! Yet I have eaten the Changi Village nasi lemak umpteen times despite it being on the extreme opposite end of the island.

the one at the old Boon Lay market that opens at night? It;s really good...and the chilli is fantastic! I last ate there 5-6 years ago though..so not sure how it is now.

and grats on your 3 room flat! :) almost same layout as mine. hehe

@sheepz Thanks for the advice and the tip on the backsplash. Didn't cross my mind at all (same as the laminate flooring). BTW, what door did you used for your master bathroom and what floor did you use for your bedroom?

This new idea of shifting out our vanity basin counter gives more headache than expected. But my Mr E is quite 大只 leh that even contractor also highlighted. And Mr E wants a bigger shower area specially built like a mini well and then we step over the higher kerb to shower. Though this idea is good if we wanna bathe the dog in future. Hmmm....

@sheepz Thanks for the advice and the tip on the backsplash. Didn't cross my mind at all (same as the laminate flooring). BTW, what door did you used for your master bathroom and what floor did you use for your bedroom?

This new idea of shifting out our vanity basin counter gives more headache than expected. But my Mr E is quite 大只 leh that even contractor also highlighted. And Mr E wants a bigger shower area specially built like a mini well and then we step over the higher kerb to shower. Though this idea is good if we wanna bathe the dog in future. Hmmm....

This is part of the fun of the whole reno journey.. enjoy! :) [Regret I din research extensively enof when doing mine lor :bangwall:]

Oh the different types of laminate - yes, must do research on this. We will be getting a dog in future and he/she is expected to pee around the house for the first few months before properly toilet-trained. So I think we need better laminate...

I think our bigger problem is that the current tiles in the living room may not be even. My HTB felt it but I couldn't feel anything. Not sure if we can overlay cos hacking the living room and bedrooms' tiles will add onto the cost, sighz

Get your ID/contractor to inspect and advise on the flooring, on whether can overlay with laminate.

My laminate is waterproof and scratchproof! Also chosen with a pet in mind, because I'm adopting a cat, lol. Alot of laminates on the market have the same properties nowadays. My supplier is Wood Culture but you can get a quote from Evorich too for HERF laminate. :)

Dyson fan: aesthetically, it is very nice! But the price tag is a bummer :(

Right now I am pinning after a haiku but again, price tag is a bummer.

I bought a Dyson knock-off from China! LOL :good: Does the job, but dunno about durability la. Anyways also alot cheaper.

I'm also loving the Haiku, but going to settle for a similar-ish looking black fan from Fanco instead due to budget constraints. :dunno:

I'm also loving the Haiku, but going to settle for a similar-ish looking black fan from Fanco instead due to budget constraints. :dunno:

We should be settling for Fanco too. Looking for black fans with lights. Not going to do L box but maybe a skinny false ceiling?

Spent several days studying about toilets and actually at 2400x1780mm floor space, I think our MBR is not as small as what I have seen on the other 3 room floor plans. So we are going to try to squeeze in the vanity cabinet in somehow but perhaps at a non-conventional position? I am not willing to compromise the shower space as well as some storage space in the bathroom. I think at least there must be some space to place my daily makeup and some extra toilet rolls!

Once we solve this problem, then we will tackle the master bedroom layout. I still want a L shaped wardrobe and I already know the shelving configuration - there will be proper space for my bags!!!

Edited by Makanology

8438423336_634719a9fd.jpg

Vintage Bathroom by Makanology, on Flickr

I change my mind again... Guess this is the part of the planning process! From envisioning a green, cheery toilet to a vintage toilet, I can't quite decide what I want for one of the most important rooms in the house - the MBR. I agree with what another forumer mentioned: this is the room we start the day and the room we end the day with...

Isn't the above toilet so lovely, so full of character? So loving it!

Edited by Makanology

Needless to say, we want bursts of colors at our place. The challenge will be in coordinating them to create 'harmony' or maybe 'harmonious chaos' LOL

I am so hopeless. I have shortlisted the clocks and lights for the house and Mr E agreed with my choices. Yet we cannot come to a decision on the laminate flooring color! Mr E nagged at me as well "大年初一,你在看钟?"

8463790606_31656362db.jpg

Accordion lamp by Makanology, on Flickr

Yesterday and today, Mr E and I were defeated. Defeated by a US website that refuses to accept international credit cards & Paypal and that it also refuses to ship to a freight forwarding address :bangwall: :bangwall: We just wanna get 2 of the above lamps and have been researching for exactly a month :(

Can't seem to find this on TB and Alibaba. The ones on eBay are the real vintage deal which I think need lots more restoration work, while the Amazon ones are retailing at over USD100 excluding shipping. Anyone has any idea where else can we find 2 identical pieces??