Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kooky

Windows

Our contractor has given the husband some glasses and frames yesterday for us to select since we want to change all the windows in the flat.

The spouse has selected altogether 3 colours, namely for the corridor, kitchen and rest of the flat (e.g.bedrooms, living room area). We have, however, just selected one type of coloured frame.

Just curious - do you chose more than 3 colours for the windows? What types of material have you selected? Did you choose any double-sided glass type?

I am just wonder, the look of my flat after these colours (windows) are installed. Hopefully it doesn't look out of the way.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Our contractor has given the husband some glasses and frames yesterday for us to select since we want to change all the windows in the flat.

The spouse has selected altogether 3 colours, namely for the corridor, kitchen and rest of the flat (e.g.bedrooms, living room area). We have, however, just selected one type of coloured frame.

Just curious - do you chose more than 3 colours for the windows? What types of material have you selected? Did you choose any double-sided glass type?

I am just wonder, the look of my flat after these colours (windows) are installed. Hopefully it doesn't look out of the way.

One color for the window frames, and 3 different colors for the glass? Aiyoh, the house would look weird.

Even for the frame's color, please select one that complement your neoghbors' or block.

Double-sided, in my 2-cents opinion, is useful only if you close the window all the times, whether to minimize noise or heat.

One area that most people neglected about window and glass door is the profile. That is, the dimension of the frame,which I think that it makes a lot of difference in how the window or door would look. I have seen small windows with large frames, and wonder why so?

Cheers!

Thanks for replying, Lauer.

I realise I need to explain:-

1) Plain glass - Kitchen (where we will errect a see-through from the kitchen to look into the living room and to create natural light effect) -- this is just glass panel NOT a window (so it will not have any frame).

2) Blue glass - for all the bedrooms and service yard (for some privacy as it is facing the multi-storey carpark but allow us to see out w/o opening the windows)

3) Plain double-sided window for Study and Dinning are which are facing the common corridor (yes, total privacy and noise reduction)

We chose grey frame to go with all the glass we have selected. What my husband feels is the frame should compliment the paint of the flat. My neighbours use various colours for their windows and door; there is no uniformity.

Edited by kooky