Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aflop

Advise On Minor Works For My Terrace Please

Hi guys,

I'm collecting the keys to my new place at the end of feb and the temporary place i have stashed my barang is also ending its lease by then.

As my place is fully done up, i intend only to do some minor works for it, appreciate if anyone can reccomend me contacts/lobangs for the following.. am on a tight budget so would not wish to engage a contractor, besides im not sure if anyone wants to undertake such a tiny job:

1) Chemical Wash Tiles on ground level

2) Repaint House interior

3) Replace Toilet Bowls/Fittings

4) Replace gate with Bi-Fold Electric Gate

Can anyone advise me on the above mentioned?

Thanks in Advance!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I guess everyone thought my queries were too minor to help but i'll do my part for this forum.

I managed to get my jobs done and on a shoestring budget as well!

items 1 and 2 were done by a painter i would highly reccomend. A & J Painting services (do a google and you can find their number)

The boss, Alvin whilst appearing abit aloof was actually very experienced and nice. They aren't exactly the cheapest but i strongly believe you pay peanuts you get monkey. Whilst trying to stay unpolitical on my post, the main reason why i hired him was that his workers are ALL Singaporean and I am doing my part to keep businesses who hire locals alive!

items 3 was done at hoe kee but on hindsight theres a shop right infront of Grandlink plaza at geylang which has higher pricetags but end up giving massive discounts, so much so that they were cheaper than hoe kee!

item 4 still under deliberation..

I guess everyone thought my queries were too minor to help but i'll do my part for this forum.

I managed to get my jobs done and on a shoestring budget as well!

items 1 and 2 were done by a painter i would highly reccomend. A & J Painting services (do a google and you can find their number)

The boss, Alvin whilst appearing abit aloof was actually very experienced and nice. They aren't exactly the cheapest but i strongly believe you pay peanuts you get monkey. Whilst trying to stay unpolitical on my post, the main reason why i hired him was that his workers are ALL Singaporean and I am doing my part to keep businesses who hire locals alive!

items 3 was done at hoe kee but on hindsight theres a shop right infront of Grandlink plaza at geylang which has higher pricetags but end up giving massive discounts, so much so that they were cheaper than hoe kee!

item 4 still under deliberation..

You can try http://www.yongfongautogate.com - man of few words, but gets the job done!

Can I ask those who have installed autogates, which typically has more issues, a sliding or swing-out autogate?

Some feedback I received is that the sliding autogate will collect debris in the recess where the wheel sits.

I think there is never a perfect solution, it really depends on your needs and each house/location.

Some places like mine seem to have wind carrying in some leaves etc once in awhile, whilst others don't.

Some require saving of space so they do sliding gates, and the list of reasons go on.

I think it is best to ask a few contractors for their opinions then form your own opinion based on their arguments.

Can I ask those who have installed autogates, which typically has more issues, a sliding or swing-out autogate?

Some feedback I received is that the sliding autogate will collect debris in the recess where the wheel sits.

Ya, sliding gate is a headache, i practically have to call the gate guy every month $50 each time when my gate is jam. Apparently my motor is too small and my gate is too heavy. And yes, you have to watch out for debris like tiny little rocks

Then again, i have not much choice. Swing out gates, bi-fold gates doesn't allow me to slide 2cars into my tiny intermediate terrace. And i have 3-4 cars on some nights. Parking nightmare in Singapore

Hi aflop, how much does Hoe Kee charge u for toilet bowl installation (on top of the item price itself)?

I am also looking for someone doing small jobs.. similar to wat u are doing, this is wat i require:

- painting of interior and patching up of some parts with cement n paint

- pulley system repair for the hanging clothes system

- cabinets spring system so that it can open n close properly

- fix back lights that drop out from the wire/holes

anyone to recommend anything?

A foods are usually of taste such as upsetting, charming as well as hot and amazing however some individuals such as charming foods as well as some clients like hot WOW Gold and individuals will need to upsetting analyzed foods. The real foods is definitely the key of the cause of as well as usually because those who are having unwanted fat RS Gold could probably get impacted from the being diabetic person so they will must take excellent appropriate proper their if you take the particular sugar-free foods to management this blood vessels FIFA 13 Coins levels levels level.