Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chemistry

Re-organise Toilet Layout

I'm facing the same problem too... shower area at entrance, wash basin and then WC.

I'm planning to sealed the original entrance... relocate the wash basin to the wall opposite (is it possible??) and then creating an entrace from the old basin area.

Any idea if this is fleasible?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I'm facing the same problem too... shower area at entrance, wash basin and then WC.

I'm planning to sealed the original entrance... relocate the wash basin to the wall opposite (is it possible??) and then creating an entrace from the old basin area.

Any idea if this is fleasible?

Yup. If you dun touch the toilet bowl, everything is ok.

Hi

My HDB also belongs to the jurassic age. I wonder can we change the main sewage pipes? The old one is made of ugly steel. Do we pay for the pipe (if change is allowed) or HDB will subsidize them?

Thks & cheers

Vince

Yes i also intend to shift the basin as suggested just to make more sense of the layout. Wonder which nutty designer came out with such impossible layout.

Yes i also intend to shift the basin as suggested just to make more sense of the layout. Wonder which nutty designer came out with such impossible layout.

if i can't shift the toilet bowl, can i at least change the direction it is facing, let's say de toilet bowl is currently facing south, can i change it to face east?

sorry if it sounds stupid :(

I'm also facing the same stupid problem :furious: .... Not willing to change the entrance of the door cos it will mean more $$$$$$$ ... Still thinking how to go about it....

Any suggestions plsssssssssssss???!!!!

:yamseng:

My understanding is that Toilet bowl can be shifted but not by much distance, and also you would run the associated risk of an indirect flush as compared to a straight "plonk". The other options are for the toilet basin to locate to a place where you can also install a mirror and the bathroom door (which you need existing spare tiles if you are not hacking and laying new ones).

Edited by Starscream

My understanding is that Toilet bowl can be shifted but not by much distance, and also you would run the associated risk of an indirect flush as compared to a straight "plonk". The other options are for the toilet basin to locate to a place where you can also install a mirror and the bathroom door (which you need existing spare tiles if you are not hacking and laying new ones).

Thanks for ur reply! Any other inputs from anyone??? Anyone shifted toilet bowl before, care to share if there is any practical issues? Eg. with the flushing system? Or what happens if there is a choke? Big issue??

Thanks in advance

I hv the same problem for the common toilet, and am planning this to build a glass wall or half concrete wall divider to demarcate and keep the WC and sink areas dry, while the shower floor area will have a drop.

It will be strange to walk straight into a wet shower area, but at least a dry area can be maintained..

I hv the same problem for the common toilet, and am planning this to build a glass wall or half concrete wall divider to demarcate and keep the WC and sink areas dry, while the shower floor area will have a drop.

It will be strange to walk straight into a wet shower area, but at least a dry area can be maintained..

If can't built a shower screen, may consider a 2 ft glass part, least some water don't splash over there.

Thanks for ur reply! Any other inputs from anyone??? Anyone shifted toilet bowl before, care to share if there is any practical issues? Eg. with the flushing system? Or what happens if there is a choke? Big issue??

Thanks in advance

i recently viewed a showflat by and ID in which the owner requested to shift the toilet bowl. they did it and built a box to cover up the piping. as a result, u get to use a wall mounted bowl in HDB. very nice effect. altho its very illegal by hdb standards. i dunno about the flushing problem tho

hi all,

why don't just shift the bathroom entrance to the toilet bowl side. Doesn't it solve the problem?

depending on the house layout. it might not be feasible