Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mishmish

Should I Get A Bathtub?

Hi, this is my first post. I've only gotten keys on 1st April and I've engaged an ID. My HTB and I have been very indecisive with picking our flooring materials and all and I think our ID has started to panic abit. I just have one quick question, and I hope any forumers who have an opinion can share, do you think a bathtub is useful? We have the space for it, and wanted a stand alone one which we thought would look very aesthetically pleasing. But we dont think we'd really use it often. Can anyone with a bathtub comment on how often they use it? Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

A bathtub feels cramped.. the standing area.. compared to a normsl standing shower area.

How often got time to lie down and soak.

Put only if u have extra space for normal standing shower area

A bathtub feels cramped.. the standing area.. compared to a normsl standing shower area.

How often got time to lie down and soak.

Put only if u have extra space for normal standing shower area

yes, I have space for normal standing shower area. We're knocking down alot of walls.. I guess if we dont need the bathtub, the ID will have to redraw.. maybe give more space to the bedroom.

My family used to have a bathtub when I was young. We used it less than five times for novelty, afterwhich it's left unused for the rest of our occupation of the house.

A friend said her bathtub came in useful when her son came down with a high temperature. She soaked her son in it.

Other than the rare few times, you probably won't use it often.

Not practical to have a bath tub. My resale flat comes with a Jacuzzi bath tub (white in colour and size of a normal bath tub). I was told the owner uses it only twice. So, it is like new.

anyone want to pay for the removal and have the tub for free? I am not sure if it can be removed without damage though as the owner build a retaining wall for it.

Cheers

okay, after thinking hard and everyone's comments.. i've decided.. no bathtub. Will have a longer vanity counter and a larger master bedroom instead. Whee!

I don't like bathtub. Especially my condo now has it. But I always stand in it for shower. I am super anal & paranoid about bacteria. So kept thinking that I step in and out for shower is sssoo dirty. If I want to soak in the bathtub, will hv to scrub the whole thing & disinfect. So 5-yrs already and not once hv I ever soaked in the bathtub. Another con, it's **** difficult to climb in & out for showers especially when I was preggy or not feeling well. A few times almost tripped & fell on my preggie tummy. So dangerous.

Good for relaxation if you can hv a separate bath n shower area. To save water, perhaps a Japanese tub rather than a European type? Ie really just for soaking and up to neck to relax the tense muscles there. I did some research previously, hv a look if you are interested: http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/wish-list-a-slipper-tub/

Good if you integrate so that the tub user can face tv in bedroom etc. think will get much more use out of the tub if entertainment is considered. :rolleyes:

Never.. unless you are crazy about them.

I have one, end up not filling it at all because it takes forever to fill, the amount of water wasted 8| is also a big issue.

End up its collecting dirt in my place.