Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blueeeeie

Big Ideas In A Small Space

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Its been a busy busy week for us as we began moving into our new place..

All the works in the house has been completed (save for some defects here and there which my contractor has promised to fix) and my husband and I have obsessively cleaned the place from top to bottom..

Seriously.. I think I actually lost a little bit of weight from the morning till night cleaning!

Anyway, not all my furniture has arrived yet.. but here's a sneak peak of what our place looks like..

401917_10151360872486307_1283124680_n.jp

970420_10151627014812254_828870358_n.jpg

970538_10151361305826307_325045547_n.jpg

943327_10151365090501307_1685256812_n.jp

936776_10151364960821307_958245624_n.jpg

For those who are interested.. the stickers are from Blik..

Halow, can ask where did u got ur dining chair and its damage? Appreciate. :)

Notice you don't have skirting. How does the contractor manage the edge to edge gaps?

Hi Tessina,

The flooring used is from Evorich called high resilient flooring.. It uses an interlocking system where each piece is locked to another piece and is installed edge to edge throughout the house. It doesn't require any glue or skirting..

Nice and cosy home indeed! Whr did u purchase ur dining set?

Halow, can ask where did u got ur dining chair and its damage? Appreciate. :)

Hi Sappyd and and888,

The dining set was purchased from comfort design. The table costs 439 and the chairs cost 159 each..

970420_10151627014812254_828870358_n.jpg

Is there a false wall behind the tv? Else how you manage to mount Tv on wall and having all wires bundle out from the hole?

Can advise?

Kitchen continued

Kitchen has been completed (almost).. The blum hinges has been fixed thank goodness.. now I can happily slam my kitchen doors with no worry there'll be a banging sound..

Apparently our kitchen doors are bigger than most HDB kitchens (we used IKEA kitchen specs) so because of that, we couldn't just install the soft closing mechanism on the top hinges, we had to add on to the bottom hinges too.. Once that was done, no more banging sounds :)

We also installed the under cabinet lightings too.. Bought the LED lights from IKEA as well.. Was a little worried that the lights wouldn't be bright enough but looks like I worried for nothing!

IMG-20130426-WA0001_zps15ba2caf.jpg

Here's a picture of the other side.. the dishrack had a T5 installed too and we had put up some railings and a stainless steel laminate shelf..

20130424_181103_zps594e6838.jpg

If it wasn't because stainless steel was so hard to maintain.. I would have definitely opted for a stainless steel top for the kitchen surfaces.. :(

Study

The study lights has also been installed

Cove lights above the shelf and our nice rectangle light.. MAN IS IT HEAVY!!!

IMG-20130426-WA0000_zps04bb764e.jpg

After we put it up.. we realized that the glass on the light is going to be another surface we have to clean! Should have told the lightcraft people not to install the glass.. the wonders of hindsight.. :(

Toilets

The toilet's fixtures are also installed.. namely the mirror, toilet roll holder, towel ring..

Here's the master toilet..

20130424_180916_zpsb207aca3.jpg

The lights for the toilet hasn't been installed yet, but we needed to put the light there to check if there is enough space left for the light at all..

And here's our common toilet.. more than enough space for my light (the same light we're using for the master)

20130424_180844_zps2f678c4d.jpg

And our nice chrome basin is there to complete the look :)

Some gripes I have about our toilet is the absolute lack of space to install my toilet roll holder!!! With the toilet bowl between the vanity and the shower screen.. I can't put up my toilet roll holder on the same side.. no space! In the end I had to install it opposite of the toilet bowl.. which is a little bit far.. you'd have to stretch out your hand to reach it.. sigh.. good thing my hubby and I have long arms.. although my poor son will have trouble reaching the toilet paper when he comes of age.. :dunno:

Hi Blueeeeeie!

Which Ikea lights did you buy for under cabinet lightings? Does it require any power supply or just batteries? Thank you!

Is there a false wall behind the tv? Else how you manage to mount Tv on wall and having all wires bundle out from the hole?

Can advise?

Hi Kelhy,

Yup.. there is a partition wall installed. The original wall has a kink so we added a partition wall to smoothen it out as well as hide the tv and speaker wires..

Hi Blueeeeeie!

Which Ikea lights did you buy for under cabinet lightings? Does it require any power supply or just batteries? Thank you!

Hi Pameric,

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/40171405/

You can see the lights I bought via the link. It requires a power source.. not battery powered.. so you'll need a power outlet to plug it in.. or if you're in the process of renovating.. you can get your contractor to link it up to your electrical wiring..

Hi Kelhy,

Yup.. there is a partition wall installed. The original wall has a kink so we added a partition wall to smoothen it out as well as hide the tv and speaker wires..

haha.. ic.. thanks!!

Mind sharing the est cost? how much it cost? The wall must be tough enough to hold ur TV :P

hi blue, love your black rectangular led light in your living, did you buy that from modulux as well? can I know how much is it? also 2 of that fitting in your living, is it bright enough?