Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blueeeeie

Big Ideas In A Small Space

Congrats ! Almost there .... Still drooling over your mosaic tiles .. your android tap is cute lol. Hoes the flooring like for your kitchen ?

Oh I kept the original kitchen flooring from HDB.. we decided not to change it to save money since it didn't totally clash with what we were intending to do in the overall look..

You can see the kitchen flooring in the first couple of pics I posted

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Furnishings

My sofa from Lush was due to arrive today.. but unfortunately they found some defects on my sofa prior to delivery so it failed quality checks..

Now its been held back for 2 weeks.. :(

So Lush offered us a loaner sofa for free.. just so we have something to sit on after we move in.. and they would swap out the loaner sofa for us once our sofa is ready to be delivered..

Oh well... its not the nicest but its functional

My fridge and washing machine is in place..

20130516_110008_zps88dbda94.jpg

20130516_110053_zps898fe1fd.jpg

I also asked my contractor to create a little extra tap with a spray gun in my service yard for hand washing stuff.. Can even use it to wash the service yard.. hahaha

20130516_110113_zps6dcbd3ef.jpg

I've also put up an ikea shelving over the space allocated for my bed in the master bedroom.. Good place to put any art works or photographs

20130516_110226_zpsc8c8d213.jpg

And I got this really nice Umbra wall hook from Amazon. I liked that I can hide away the hooks if there are no clothes to hang.. Fixed another one behind my master toilet door too..

PhotoGrid_1368676608110_zps1295dea0.jpg

More shopping to be done!

Edited by blueeeeie

Furnishings

Here's a closer look at my big study cupboard.. My concealed computer table!

I requested for this so that I could hide away the computer when its not in use..

PhotoGrid_1368676576203_zps3299b085.jpg

Now for my regrets..

I bought a rectangular stainless steel undermount sink for my kitchen which looks great by the way.. but because I got the version that doesn't have a tap hole together with it.. when I mounted the sink on my counter top, there wasn't enough space to install the tap in the usual position of above the sink near the wall.. in the end, we had to install the tap at the corner of the sink..

IMG-20130506-WA0000_zps5b68fb79.jpg

The tap had to be installed some distance away from the sink so the spout was positioned very near the edge of the sink too and the water flow was too close to the edge resulting in a lot of splashing onto my counter..

In the end, it was either I replace the tap, or find a way to redirect the water flow..

Here's the result..

941998_10151345406886307_1678773907_n.jp

Do you think it looks ok? Anyone has a better alternative?

Edited by blueeeeie

Hello!

Don't mind me asking, how wide is your table top and your sink?

Was the tap too big? I also bought a similar sink (450mm width) without the tap hole, now worrying about it! :(

Hello!

Don't mind me asking, how wide is your table top and your sink?

Was the tap too big? I also bought a similar sink (450mm width) without the tap hole, now worrying about it! :(

My sink's dimension is 590 x 450 x 225mm

The counter top depth is 600mm

We didn't take into account that the carpenter had added a backing to the cupboard under the sink. So that took up some space..

The tap is standard.. bought it from Ikea..

Thanks for replying.. Noooooo.. We have the same measurements for our sink and counter top. We may face the same problem :~

Maybe you can paint the filter thingy on your tap black, will prob go better! In any case your kitchen really looks good!!

Thanks for replying.. Noooooo.. We have the same measurements for our sink and counter top. We may face the same problem :~

Maybe you can paint the filter thingy on your tap black, will prob go better! In any case your kitchen really looks good!!

If you haven't installed your sink, why not ask them to exchange the sink with one that has a hole for the tap on it? Then at least you won't have the same problem as me..

I'm still sourcing for a black tap aerator.. if I cannot find it then prob will have to paint it black.. :)

Your reno makes me :dribble:

can't wait for my own!

Thanks greg.. its a stressful yet exciting process.. loved every minute of it!

Best of luck for yours.. be sure to update your blog often heh

Door

We decided that we wanted to have a keyless entry solution for our house.. so we installed the samsung keyless door lock for our front door yesterday..

548876_10151351915641307_751159390_n.jpg

The SH6020 model has anti mischief, burglar alarm and fire detection alarm, keypad and card entry as well as master key override.

And since we didn't want to carry keys, I managed to source for a super cool combination lock for my gate!

Introducing.. the DialSpeed lock by Masterlock!

PhotoGrid_1368770076550_zps19274813.jpg

Cool huh?

Edited by blueeeeie

Hi there.. Another qn again.. Can u take a pic of ur aircon trunking? Its kinda amazing as the trunkin is not visible when u have no false ceiling.

And also.. Can u take a pic of ur living room wit all the lights on? Juz wondering how the effect is like without cove lighting..

Thanks a million. :)

Hi there.. Another qn again.. Can u take a pic of ur aircon trunking? Its kinda amazing as the trunkin is not visible when u have no false ceiling.

And also.. Can u take a pic of ur living room wit all the lights on? Juz wondering how the effect is like without cove lighting..

Thanks a million. :)

Sure.. actually all the credit for the cleverly hidden trunking goes to my contractor.. He directed the gain city guys to install the trunking in the most unobtrusive way possible.

PhotoGrid_1368943461081_zps5f1746c4.jpg

First off, my condenser sits outside a window in the master bedroom, the trunking coming in from the condenser outside is hidden behind my wardrobe.. refer to top left picture in the grid.

So once the trunking passes through the wardrobe, it splits 2 ways.. 1 going into the master, the other going outside to connect the rest of the air cons..The one going into the master travels along a beam into my toilet.. ref top right pic in the grid.

Once it goes into the toilet, the trunking has been tiled over so you don't even notice the trunking at all unless you look for it.. ref bottom left picture

And then the pipe for the condensation travels down to my shower area and drips out into the floor trap.. all hidden under my tiles.. ref bottom right picture

Here's a pic of the master bedroom aircon.. no trunking or piping visible..

IMG_20130315_163126_zps512e7ac8.jpg

Now here's a tour of the trunking for the rest of the house..

PhotoGrid_1368943505347_zps64b9aa72.jpg

The trunking will come out from the master and travels above the doors of all the rooms.. my contractor did a box up of the trunking so its totally hidden away.. ref top left picture of grid..

The piping for the condensation also travels along the same path but it crosses over into the common toilet.. there's a little bit of the piping trunk visible here.. ref top right picture of grid..

Then of course its the same setup in the common toilet as the master toilet. The piping is hidden under the tiles and moves all the way to the shower area and near the floor trap..

And that is how all my trunking and pipes are hidden away!

How much is your digital lock and dialspeed lock? Where do get them? Thanks.

Digital lock from Interlock.. promo price of 599..

Dialspeed lock was purchased from Amazon.. bought it for 30 over usd.. but now they are having a discount.. Shipping was free but only for US addresses.. so I shipped it to my vpost account and had it shipped back to SG with my US purchases..

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-Dialspeed-Electronic-Combination/dp/B009THBSUG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368942117&sr=8-2&keywords=dialspeed+masterlock

Thanks for replyin.. Hope i dun trouble u much. Ur contractor is amazing!! Anw.. Hope u can take a pic of ur living room at night with all ur lights on. Thanks again.