Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bengologist

Let's Go Punggol!

Oh then not really wor. Hv come across another bro who had quite positive comments on his handsome ID from 3D. Too bad i only ventured upon his blog after i engaged mine.. Then there was a nightmare case where the ID ran away & had to be followed by another. So ours not bad le. Guess it's actually heng suay one la unless we engage thru recommendations like the few 红牌 contractors/IDs in RT.. :)

Ran away?! :jawdrop:

I guess I gonna bomb my ID's hp every 30 minutes to ensure that he won't run away with my money! Hahahaha!

Just kidding man. I'm not gonna be a pest to him. As long as he's doing the renovation well, even if there's not much update, it's perfectly fine with me. Hahaha! :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Beng,

Reno looking good. Next time if you need more electrical stuffs.. can try Mega Discount Store. I got my HTS at dealer price after some hard bargaining tactics. New model somemore. Always quote a price lower than their price.

E.g, ehh, Mustafa selling Hitachi 2 door fridge at $1449, Mega price at $1499.. jialat la.. saleman immediately drop price to $1349 plus delivery.. hahaha

Hey lawrenceke!

Thanks for the information! I have bought majority of my electrical appliances, I will definitely visit Mega Discount Store if I have any additional items. Otherwise I can always look at my sister's boyfriend and smile like this -> :notti:

Hahaha!

Lights installed from TB so far so good, no major hipcups.. worth the buy 100000 times than purchasing in SG! :good:

Awesome piece of news! I'm getting mine this Saturday, can't wait to hug those crystal lights. Ha! :dribble:

Ran away?! :jawdrop:

I guess I gonna bomb my ID's hp every 30 minutes to ensure that he won't run away with my money! Hahahaha!

Just kidding man. I'm not gonna be a pest to him. As long as he's doing the renovation well, even if there's not much update, it's perfectly fine with me. Hahaha! :notti:

gd for u! ur id oso fortunate to hv a gd customer like u! but still keep an eye lor. there were few occasions i went dwn & found some works not done to my requirements or were done wrongly. hv to let my ID know quickly before more mistakes were done or they became irreversible.. that's why i frustrated when he didn't respond promptly. then i realised he trusted his workers very much so he did not go up every day to check himself.. :(

sorry to be a nag but jus to share my experience lor.. :P

Edited by jus4fun

Re ur 'secret' on edd's blog.. really wonder why they not GST-registered for such a relatively big company.. anyway cheers to us for GST-free!

gd for u! ur id oso fortunate to hv a gd customer like u! but still keep an eye lor. there were few occasions i went dwn & found some works not done to my requirements or were done wrongly. hv to let my ID know quickly before more mistakes were done or they became irreversible.. that's why i frustrated when he didn't respond promptly. then i realised he trusted his workers very much so he did not go up every day to check himself.. :(

sorry to be a nag but jus to share my experience lor.. :P

Hey don't say that please, your experience is valuable to me.

I totally understand what you are trying to say. I have gone to my house last night and realised that the renovation work is far behind schedule and the position of some of the electrical points are not right, so I gave him a call to highlight these issues. He sounded like he doesn't know the progress of the renovation, but counter-offer to me that he will drop by this weekend to monitor the progress. I will remind him again this weekend to regularly update me on the renovation. Ha! :thumbs up:

Re ur 'secret' on edd's blog.. really wonder why they not GST-registered for such a relatively big company.. anyway cheers to us for GST-free!

One of the reason I have chosen them as my renovation partner is because they are "GST-free". I can't imagine myself paying few thousand dollars without seeing "additional items" in the house. Hahaha! :lol:

I'm also wondering how a big company like them are non-GST registered but well, it's none of my concern, because I benefited from this!

Cheers to our pockets! :sport-smiley-004:

15th May 2013

According to the renovation schedule, ceiling/partition and painting works should be completed by this week. As Mr. ID does not like to provide updates to me, I have to take things into my "feet" and hence, I dropped by my house after work to check on the renovation progress. I had already expected a slight delay but I was dismayed when I realized that the renovation was behind schedule for two weeks! :jawdrop:

Without delay, I gave him a ring and told him that the progress is wayyyyyy too slow. He immediately explained that this was caused by the delay of the 3D drawings, hence he can't proceed to purchase the paint for the painting job. He reassured me that the ceiling and painting works will be wrapped up by this weekend without compromising of workmanship. Guess I need to make myself available this Sunday to monitor the progress again. :dunno:

Photos....

1) Concrete kitchen cabinet and fridge bases constructed
20130515_195602_zpse19ff544.jpg

2) Concrete cabinet base on the opposite side of the kitchen
20130515_195619_zpsc22254dc.jpg

3) Concrete washing machine base constructed at the service yard
20130515_195642_zps401b36d2.jpg

4) Concrete shower kerb in one of the toilets
20130515_201644_zps068ecc4d.jpg

5) Running of electrical wires for lighting points in the living/dining hall
20130515_202346_zpsa22f0846.jpg

In addition to those feedbacks about the renovation, I also requested from him the revised 3D drawing of my living hall, which was promised to be given to me on Tuesday morning but yet delayed again. He immediately apologized and sent them to me within 10 minutes. Guess pitching my tone in a serious manner does help speed up processes. Hahahaha! :lol:

This is the revised 3D drawing. Colour of the walls has been rectified to reflect the right combination and colour of the furnitures have also been altered for me to visualise how well dark furniture colours mixed with sandstone/light grey coloured wall.

1368753456867_zpscb21a68a.jpg

Ladies & Gentlemen, any comments? :P

P.S.: I'm not doing any feature wall for the living hall, so it's just a plain wall with TV and TV console there. Ha! :lol:

in ur first photo, the one showing the kitchen base. did u request the ID to cut the corners so that no sharp edge pointing out? or did the ID proposed?

i think the feature wall in ur 3d pics makes the room more formal albeit darker.. any reason why you not doing feature wall?

Edited by Z3phy

• Like 1

not bad wor :good: , but i do feel that the actual one will always look dimmer than 3d pics. :dunno:..maybe depends on how much the natural light ur flat has, but BTO has almost full height windows, might not be as dark as i expected

my wall and floor color is the complete opposite of urs:P

Edited by edd

in ur first photo, the one showing the kitchen base. did u request the ID to cut the corners so that no sharp edge pointing out? or did the ID proposed?

i think the feature wall in ur 3d pics makes the room more formal albeit darker.. any reason why you not doing feature wall?

Wahahahahaha! Thanks to you, I just realised it's a round edge! Guess the ID took his initiative to reduce the sharp edges around the base. +10 points to him! :lol:

Yup, you are right, the feature wall does give my living hall a much formal presentation. But I had taken out the feature wall in my first meet-up with him so as to reduce the renovation cost. One TV feature wall and console will take a few grands off my bankbook, so I decided to make my bankbook slightly happier and keep the wall simple. Not sure if that's a right move. :unsure:

bro, u r going thru exactly the same journey & frustrations as mine!! even the cut corner of the fridge base (& also the wm base in my case) exactly the same.. my ID told me is for safety purpose which i fully agreed, dun u? haha! :drunk:

(z3phy - guess hv answered ur query on behalf of ah beng.. kekeke :lol:)

sure our IDs not the same person (who chgd his name to hide his identity)? wahaha :lol:

The 3D drawings shd give a close impression of the real thing.. i show u my 3D drawings vs the real thing later let u see... heehee! :)

Edited by jus4fun

not bad wor :good: , but i do feel that the actual one will always look dimmer than 3d pics. :dunno:..maybe depends on how much the natural light ur flat has, but BTO has almost full height windows, might be as dark as i expected

my wall and floor color is the complete opposite of urs:P

Hey edd! Thanks! Yup, I understand that the actual appearance of the house will always be darker than the 3D pics as the 3D pics are always created to give a gorgeous proposition of the final layout. Ha!

Ohhh.. So you have also chosen sandstone colour for your wall? In my opinion, this is the best colour for living room as it produces a warmly feeling to the home. My parents are quite conventional, so I have to accommodate to their request to paint majority of the living hall white and retained just a side of the wall as sandstone colour. If I can have it my way, my living room might be the same colour as yours! Hahahaha! :lol:

bro, u r going thru exactly the same journey & frustrations as mine!! even the cut corner of the fridge base (& also the wm base in my case) exactly the same.. my ID told me is for safety purpose which i fully agreed, dun u? haha! :drunk:

(z3phy - guess hv answered ur query on behalf of ah beng.. kekeke :lol:)

sure our IDs not the same person (who chgd his name to hide his identity)? wahaha :lol:

The 3D drawings shd give a close impression of the real thing.. i show u my 3D drawings vs the real thing later let u see... heehee! :)

Lol! Your conspiracy maybe right! We might be having the same ID who changed his name to hide his true identity! Hahahaha!

Yeah, I guess having the same ID firm produces the same 'pattern'. I'm not so sure about other interior design firms but perhaps rounding of edges is a safety feature for all the renovations done by our ID firm.

Thanks thanks! I look forward to your pictures! :good: