Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bengologist

Let's Go Punggol!

Photographs of Electrical Appliances (Part II)

5) The Mitsubishi Heavy Industries System-3 Inverter I purchased from Gain City
1367581576270_zps6e972581.jpg

6) Save electricity = Save money! Wooooohoooooooo! :deal:

1367581714362_zps93a9ef60.jpg

7) The behemothic Samsung refrigerator (also from Gain City). 4 ticks = save on utilities bill again! Yeaaaaahhhh!
20130503_193204_zps306e3d1b.jpg

8) Another Samsung product for my new home - The new eco-bubble function front load washing machine. :thumbs up:

20130503_193109_zpse798a1c8.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Like what I have mentioned earlier, I have a really bad habit of going for items which are wayyyyyyy above my budget.

What's the solution for this problem? :help:

Do I have to -

a) save money & go for normal lightings :(OR

b) splurge on them & cry in one corner of my room when I see my bankbook :~

Thanks to lawrenceke (hey dude, if you are reading this, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your renotalk blog :bow: ), I found the answer. I went for option C, which is to save money by buying such lightings from taobao and have them delivered to Singapore. WOOOOOHOOOOOOO! :dribble:

The only two disadvantages for this option is that I have to take higher risk for the ordering of these lightings from China and that I have to forgo the 1 or 2 years warranty which Singapore shops tend to offer.

These are the two extravagant masterpieces I have purchased from Taobao. :sport-smiley-004:

1) For passageway

1367582122193_zpsedf3319e.jpg

2) For hanging above dining table

1367582027689_zps0ccce843.jpg

P.S.: Sorry for the bad resolutions. I took pictures of it on my computer screen using the camera on my Samsung phone. Yeah, pretty dumb move when there's so many smarter ways of saving the pictures. :(

Nice looking crystal lights! Similar to the ones i installed in my house. U r welcome bro! Great things are meant to share, if you dare to take risk, stuffs from tb are worth a look. :good:

FURNITURES

Unlike my earlier purchases, I did majority of my furniture shopping with a click of the mouse. Ha! This is my virgin attempt at online purchasing from a local outlet (http://www.fortytwo.sg/ - previously known as beds.sg) and the whole process was easy breezy! Despite making numerous changes to the order, the staff at this site were all helpful and responded promptly. It was certainly my best online shopping experience.

Below are the furniture I ordered via the website (free delivery & installation! :jawdrop: )

1) Alonzo Faux Leather Drawer Bed (Queen-Sized) - http://www.fortytwo.sg/alonzo-faux-leather-drawer-bed-9-working-days-lead-time.html

2) Sepora Divino Pillow-top Mattress (Queen-Sized) - http://www.fortytwo.sg/mattress/shop-by-size/queen/sepora-divino-pillow-top-mattress-queen-sized.html

3) Sydney Faux Leather Bed Frame (Super-Single) - http://www.fortytwo.sg/sydney-faux-leather-bed-frame.html

4) Maxcoil Athena Mattress (Super-Single) - http://www.fortytwo.sg/united-extra-firm-mattress.html

5) Maliland 3-in-1 Deluxe Package (Super-Single) - http://www.fortytwo.sg/maliland-basic-3-in-1-deluxe-package-supersingle.html

6) Augustine Sofa (3 Seater + 2 Seater with Ottoman) - http://www.fortytwo.sg/augustine-3-2-seater-sofa-set.html

7) Emiliana 4 Seater Dining Set - http://www.fortytwo.sg/t-ds-9366ta-bl-c-ds-9328c.html

8) Bloopen Carpet 2m x 1.4m - http://www.fortytwo.sg/bloopen-carpet-2m-x-1-4m.html

9) Draimen Vanilla Blended Carpet 2m x 1.4m - http://www.fortytwo.sg/draimen-vanilla-carpet-2m-x-1-4m.html

For my TV console, I've made a trip to Hommage Lifestyle @ Jalan Pemimpin (near to Marymount MRT Station) after seeing splendid reviews on this company. The reviews were spot-on that the boss and staff are extremely amiable and helpful people. As soon as I stepped into the shop, one of the staff immediately came forward to serve me and aid me with the selection of a suitable TV console for my living hall. In addition, he also passed me a bottle of chilled water as the weather was devastatingly hot that afternoon.

In the end, I made this selection @ $550.00 (Apologies for the bad resolutions. I have snapped a picture of this from their catalogue) : -

1367581830901_zps178ce315.jpg

Edited by Bengologist

Nice looking crystal lights! Similar to the ones i installed in my house. U r welcome bro! Great things are meant to share, if you dare to take risk, stuffs from tb are worth a look. :good:

Hey lawrenceke,

I must really thank you! It's really a wise move to purchase such lighting sets from taobao as similar ones cost at least 2 or 3 times higher in local lighting shops. :curse:

Cheers! :yamseng:

Edited by Bengologist

Oh btw,

Just something ridiculously funny.

I have a similar photo of me wearing the Hulk mask, just like your profile picture.

Here it is:-

392531_10151113626646982_1973035491_n_zp

Wahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :lol:

Edited by Bengologist

wow,..the lightings from TB is really nice? hows the quality? i plan to get from TB too...

Hi honeykitty,

I'm not sure about the quality of the lightings from TB. Mine's currently on its way to Singapore.

Maybe lawrenceke can advise you better since his lightings from TB already installed in his house.

:D

Photographs of Electrical Appliances

1) Onkyo 5.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver @ Courts (Might be getting this for my room! Yeah! Time to rock my room! :jammin:)20130507_200457_zps621154bd.jpg

2) Weekend further discount for Onkyo 5.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver @ Courts! :jawdrop:

20130507_200450_zpsbeaf8634.jpg

3) I swear I will buy this if I strike Toto first prize! Arghhhhhhh! IMG-20130509-WA0019_zpsc0a55b2e.jpg

4) The price of LG 84" UD 3D TV! *Faint* :blink:IMG-20130509-WA0020_zps6b45733c.jpg

25k for the tv!!! Wa sei... 25k covers all the furnitures in my hse including for my mum n bro n myself already lol

25k for the tv!!! Wa sei... 25k covers all the furnitures in my hse including for my mum n bro n myself already lol

Hahaha! It's enough for my renovation plus furnitures, electrical appliances, lightings etc.

However if strike Toto first prize, it will be okay to buy this, hahahahahaha... :notti:

27th April 2013 - Air-Con Installation Day!

I really have to applause Gain City Marina Square for the fantastic services provided. I had purchased my air-condition systems on 24th April and I requested for urgent installation as my renovation is about to commerce and they appeared at my doorstep on 27th April to install them. Kudos to them!

I had taken an urgent half day leave on a Saturday to attend to this installation but ended up almost becoming a decomposed corpse at one corner of the house after waiting patiently for them to complete the installation, while doing nothing. Kind of wasted my leave and my time. :~

Well, these are the installation pics! :lol:

1) It's time to get down to work! Ha!
20130427_115221_zps62ca54b4.jpg

2) "Weapons of Mass Installation"
20130427_125020_zps7c5964b0.jpg

3) The Gain City technician ready to start the mission of the day

20130427_115356_zpsf45e79f8.jpg

4) Tough job! :unsure:
20130427_125142_zps891c1856.jpg

Photographs of Air-Con Installation Day! (Part II)

5) Wiring inside the master toilet

20130427_143925_zpsead8e2fd.jpg

6) Wiring along the passageway

20130427_143916_zpse9884633.jpg

7) Air-con unit installed in one of the common bedroom

20130427_143908_zpscb89f7c3.jpg

8) Wiring work on the air-con ledge. It certainly looks complicated for a novice like me! :dunno:

20130427_143950_zps5a50b5da.jpg

Edited by Bengologist

Photographs of Air-Con Installation Day! (Part III)

9) Wires all boxed up with the compressor also up! :lol:

20130427_172259_zps402298bc.jpg

10) It's READY! Yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh! :sport-smiley-004:
20130427_172612_zpse891ddf0.jpg

11) Air-con unit also ready in the master bedroom. I didn't expect the air con cable tray to look so ugly. Got to consult my ID for solutions to make it looks nicer. :(
20130428_112552_zpsff4b692e.jpg

12) Free luggage bags! Woohooooooo! :notti:

20130427_133637_zps4f9cffb8.jpg

hehe, got review on beds.sg?

i am also considering getting furniture from them, their price are quite attractive.

hehe, got review on beds.sg?

i am also considering getting furniture from them, their price are quite attractive.

Hi Edd!

My delivery is scheduled in June, so I've no idea about the quality of the furniture which I've ordered. However, based on the reviews of the customers on its website and the services I've received so far from their staff regarding my order, it's really top-notch!

You should consider buying from there cause the price is really much cheaper than any furniture shops out there! :)