Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bengologist

Let's Go Punggol!

Hey jus4fun!

Thanks for the pat on the shoulder! :D

I just gave your profile a glance and realized that you also went for 3D Innovative Design as your renovator. Who did you engage? Did he/she do a good job on your house?

:yamseng: too!

Yeah! :good:

My ID is Desmond Tiew. Job acceptable lah but not without hiccups & some flaws or areas that could be better. I can share with u so can take note although diff IDs may hv different approach. U prefer PM or open discussion here? (u may add me as a friend :drunk: if u dun mind..)

Edited by jus4fun

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome to RT, the floorplan looking good. All the best on your reno... :thumbs up:

Hi multi888,

Thanks a lot! :P

Yeah! :good:

My ID is Desmond Tiew. Job acceptable lah but not without hiccups & some flaws or areas that could be better. I can share with u so can take note although diff IDs may hv different approach. U prefer PM or open discussion here? (u may add me as a friend :drunk:if u dun mind..)

Hmmm.. Desmond Tiew, not sure who is he. My ID name is Eddie, a young chap in the company.

Don't worry, I think it will be better if you share your experience here so that everyone can also benefit from it. I will also share with everyone my renovating experience so that newbies might benefit from it in the future. Although my renovation has not exactly commence, I have learned so much knowledge about renovation that I can consider switching to this industry. Wahahahaha! :dribble:

Yup, added you as a friend! :lol:

Welcome to RT and enjoy your writing on the reno journey. Though tough but it is rewarding to see the naked house changing to a sexy lady.. :notti:

Welcome to RT and enjoy your writing on the reno journey. Though tough but it is rewarding to see the naked house changing to a sexy lady.. :notti:

Hey lawrenceke,

Hahaha thanks! I just hope that it will transform into a decent lady. If it transform into a sexy lady, I'm afraid my parents will have a shock of their lifetime. Hahaha!

:yamseng:

bro, thought shd be more rewarding to see a sexy lady turn naked... :notti: oops men's talk! sorry sisters.. jus trying to be funny on a pre-fri eve... wahaha! :P

After we loiter around aimlessly in the empty house for half an hour, my parents and I felt that it's time to move on to the next step. No, you got it wrong, it's not to find a Interior Designer asap, but go to IKEA to get a 'feel' of how a newly decorated house look and smell like. LOL!

We're glad that IKEA is only 4 bus stops away from Punggol Bus Interchange and that it's not populated with people on a Friday afternoon.

Here are some of the stuff we found in IKEA:-

1) Beautiful table lamp (and the price is affordable too!!)
20130414_164438_zpsa0aacad4.jpg

2) Glossy coffee table (I think at $99, it's quite a steal!!)
20130422_210622_zps7f9b34c5.jpg

3) Expandable dining table set (Reasonably priced at $469)
20130414_171234_zpsae41a98c.jpg

4) TV Media Storage (Quite a decent piece of storage furniture)
20130414_170503_zps022aae3d.jpg

5) Casement Wardrobe (Not sure how many feet long)

20130414_171440_zps49568ec0.jpg

More photos from IKEA:-

6) Black table lamp for the bedroom (I think it's pretty expensive at $49.90)
20130414_164616_zpsab6502c6.jpg

7) Low Energy Bulb (Is this consider cheap? I'm not sure about the average energy-saving lightbulb price)
20130414_164811_zps75c5bd6c.jpg

8) Roller Blind (I've read on some forum threads that curtain and blinds are usually in the range of few hundred to thousand plus dollars, why is this so inexpensive?)
20130414_165410_zps972dd4a7.jpg

9) Storage Bed Frame (Price of $249 do not include mattress but it's consider very very cheap!)

20130414_172039_zpse875d680.jpg

10) Bedside table (I'm probably going to get this for my new house)

20130414_172141_zps5066f64b.jpg

Hi harocarlos!

Which area is your BTO? Also in Punggol?

Well, I don't dare to place too much fanciful ideas into my renovation as the folks are not agreeable to anything other than the traditional home layout, so I will probably stick with the safe theme of doing false ceiling, L-box etc for my living room and keeping it as "normal" as possible for the bedrooms & kitchen. :dunno:

I will throw in some themes (eg retro chic, Mid Century, scandinavian style) when I have my own family next time. :lol:

Mine's at the edge of Seng Kang to be exact, just beside Buangkok MRT.

Look forward to seeing your completed reno... cheers! :)

nice! wishing you have a smooth reno journey ahead ! :)

Hi WhiteCookie!

Thanks a lot! I also wish you a smooth reno journey! Can't wait to see your renovated house too!

Cheers! :yamseng:

Mine's at the edge of Seng Kang to be exact, just beside Buangkok MRT.

Look forward to seeing your completed reno... cheers! :)

Wow! Just beside Buangkok MRT Station! Good location! Mine's pretty near to Punggol MRT Station, about 8 to 10mins walk.

Thanks~! Have an awesome Friday! :good:

Nice, I envy the mosiac patterns you got for your kitchen though. Happy renovating!

Hahaha.. Really? My sister and her boyfriend commented that those mosiac designs on the wall is very ugly, although I personally think that they look pretty good. :lol:

Anyway thank you and have a fantastic weekend! :jammin:

Upon returning from the trip to IKEA, I immediately diverted my attention to the right bearings of the renovation process and that is to find an excellent contractor/interior designer to fix up my empty house. I have been following the heated debate about the pros/cons of a contractor versus an interior designer in this forum but due to the fact that I do not possess any clue about beautifying a house, I decided to engage an ID and dump everything to him/her. :notti:

However, there is one major problem -> Budget :dunno:

As this is going to be my future home (at least for the next foreseeable 5 years), I have made the decision to pay for all the renovating and furniture/electrical appliance expenses, therefore there is a need to balance my renovation spending with the other aspect of house furnishing. After utilizing all my debit/credit, balance sheet, profit or loss and cash flow forecast knowledge I gained from my studies and work, I managed to come up with a renovation budget -> SGD 15,000.00. :jawdrop:

After I submitted my particulars on the "Get Free Renovator Quote" function of this website, I immediately received endless stream of calls and messages. It came as a surprise as I have previously performed the same function before the collection of my home keys but I did not receive a single message or call from anyone, so I guess those IDs are pretty realistic people. Hahahaha!

I will provide comments on the IDs I have met up in the next post. :yeah:

To be continued.............