Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bengologist

Let's Go Punggol!

These are the list of IDs which have contacted or met up with me:

1) Home Success (ID: Mr W***** L*)
This guy is the first person to drop me a message after I click "submit request". As this is my first meeting with an ID, I'm pretty excited and arrange to meet him at a coffee bean outlet near my workplace. I was late for 45 minutes for the appointment but his colleague and him were patient (at least on their face, but maybe they are cursing and swearing at me inside their heart, hahahaha!!!:lol: ) and offer to buy me a cup of large mocha. Like what I mention earlier, this is my first meet-up with an ID, so naturally I was left in awe when he go through the floor plan and the proposed design to my house. He subsequently agreed that he will try to accommodate to my budget and let me know the quote within 2 weeks. One month has passed since I last saw him but the quote is nowhere to be found. I pray that the aliens who abducted him is treating him nicely. LOL! :lol:

2) 3D Innovative Design Pte Ltd (ID: Ms J**** C***** and Mr Eddie)

If you guys/girls have been reading my entries, you will know by now this is the ID company I have engaged for my house renovation and my ID name is Eddie. Initially, it was a lady who contacted me and arrange to meet me at a McDonald's near my current home, on a Sunday morning (poor people have to work even on Sundays, I better stop complaining about my 5.5days work week :rolleyes: ). However on the day of the appointment, the lady messaged to inform me that she was down with a heavy fever and had arranged for her colleague (Eddie) to meet me instead. I went through the same motion with Eddie the way I had discussed with the Home Success guy and he also promised to provide the quote to me within a week. The quote eventually came and although it's not the lowest from what I have received, I went ahead with them because I was pretty attracted by their granite cabinet top promotion (granite cabinet top instead of solid top, for the same price!! :notti: ). Went to their showroom a couple of times to sign the contract and choose the colour/materials, plus making tonnes & tonnes of changes to my renovation plan (I'm a terrible customer with a fantastic personality. Ha! :rolleyes: )

3) D'Trenzo Interior (ID: Mr I***)
After my discussion with Eddie in McDonald's, I made my way to Balestier to meet up with this guy in his showroom. Over the phone and messages, he sounded like a mid-forty/fifty guy who might have been in this industry for more than a decade. I was surprised when I met him in his showroom/office! He look like he's only twenties or thirties and acted a bit like a "Ah Beng" (Sorry about that, pal). I repeated the words I have told Eddie earlier on and during the conversation, he contributed a lot of ideas & themes into my renovation plan. However, what really distinguished him from the other IDs is his ability to provide a quote ON THE SPOT!!!! :jawdrop: His quoted price was reasonable. If I did not go with 3D Innovative Design, D'Trenzo Interior is definitely my next alternative.

4) Jbuildwrkz (ID: Ms A*******)
In the first place, the lady who contacted me wasn't Ms A******* but another lady, Ms K*******. I arrange to meet her up at the same coffee bean outlet after my work and as usual, I was once again late for 30 mins for the appointment (I think that coffee bean outlet is cursed, I'm never punctual everytime I arrange my appointment to be there). Before I start my routine speech on my renovation plan, she took out a notebook and started sketching my floorplan in her notebook. When I inform her that she can sketch the layout on the floorplan provided by me, she says it's okay, she prefer it to be this way. Unlike the other IDs I have met, she doesn't take out any ruler to do any measurement on the floorplan and she doesn't contribute any ideas to whatever things I have said, just merely drawing them out on the notebook, therefore I was quite skeptical about their professionalism. In addition, I did not manage to find out anything about their company on renotalk, so this further eroded my confidence in this company. However, I do have to highlight that their quote is prompt and they quoted the lowest among all the quotations I received.

5) Unitedteam lifestyle (ID: Ms R*****)
She sent me a message to inform me that my design plan, which includes false ceiling in living hall, 1 set of kitchen cabinets, 3 bedroom wardrobes and other general works is possible within SGD15,000.00. She invited me to her showroom at Thomas Plaza but I was lazy to go. No further correspondence between us after that.

6) Love Home Interior Design (ID: Mr J***)
I did not send any request online to this company as its shop is located very near to my current home. Handed my floorplan to the senior designer and he provided me a message with the quote in it. However, I wasn't that keen on engaging his services as he give me that "NO NEGOTIATION" expression on his face. This is just my personal opinion (yes, I do judge people and I'm truly apologetic about that :unsure: ). After I sent him a message to decline his services, he accepted it like a gentleman and wish me a blessed renovation journey. Perhaps I have misguided my assessment on him. Sorry pal! :o

7) De Style Interior (ID: Ms K** H****)
She sent me a message to invite me to her showroom at Ubi Avenue 3 (Vertex building). The address is in fact in the same building as 3D Innovative Design but I was pretty reluctant to go. I counter-propose to her to meet me somewhere nearer to my workplace or current home but she insisted that I should head down to her showroom as it's only at the showroom that she can better illustrate to me the items she intend to quote me. I wasn't impressed by her and hence I requested her to send me a quote first before I made the trip down. I stressed to her that my budget is only SGD15,000 and she told me that she will keep as closely as possible to it. I went to do a check on the company and was amazed that they even renovated the house for Ponsak (MediaCorp celebrity). The first quote arrive in my hotmail days after our conversation and the quoted price was SGD22,000 (inclusive of GST)!!!! :jawdrop: I told her that it's wayyyyy above my budget and her reply was "I always ask you to come down so it's easier to discuss. No discuss how to know what you want, so I randomly quote as per your vague request" I was astounded by her reply and I told her don't bother as I will look for someone else. However, she says that she will re-adjust the quote to remove some of the unnecessary items so that it will fit into my budget, so I agreed to it. The second quote returned with a figure of SGD20,000 (inclusive of GST) and immediately I drop her a call to notify her that my budget is SGD 15,000. Her reply is "I already try to accommodate to your budget le. Anyway house is a lifetime item and you won't be renovating it again and again after years. Comfortable is the key after a long day of work". Once again, I politely thank her for the second quote and decline her offer. However, she insisted that she can come out with a good quote which will guarantee satisfy my budget request. I didn't bother much and told her that I am really going to sign with someone else instead. The final quoted price -> SGD 16,500. Thanks for the effort but no thanks. :no:

8) The others (Includes Urban Design House, Space Concepts Design, etc etc)
Sorry for lumping these guys into this "others" list as I do not have much interaction with them. Did not meet up with the guy from Urban Design House, receive a decent quote from Space Concepts Design and a few others which have been "shift-deleted" from my 2MB memory space. :sport-smiley-018:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Although the selection of the ID pose a huge headache to me, I managed to scan through the list thoroughly and make my selection quickly.

However, the headache did not cease there, as the next bigger headache came hitting on my head :bangwall: - Electrical Appliances/Furniture/Lightings

As much as I want to adhere my spending strictly to my budget plan, I realized that my immune system to visually appealing items is almost close to zero and this means that I have to pay an extra price for my exorbitant taste-bud.

I start my search for electrical appliances, furniture and lighting as early as 5th April (remember Ikea?) and spend the next few weeks roaming around the streets of Geylang, Joo Chiat, Jalan Besar, Balestier etc for the right additions to my house.

I will begin with lightings.

LIGHTINGS

Before I begin my hunt, I met up with my ID to discuss the number of lighting points he proposed to install in my house and the kind of lights I am require to buy. Frankly speaking, I know nuts about selecting the suitable lights for every part of my house and I have to seek help in this forum. Even after reading pages after pages of information about lights (okay I lied, I browse through them), I still find it difficult to transfer this wisdom into my 2MB human processing unit. However, I understand something --> LED lights can save lots of energy, so it's the best. Hahaha! :lol:

Geylang Road -> Went there thrice to find lighting & bathroom wares shops (I stress it again, it's solely for lightings & sanitary wares, no other purposes).

i) Vlux - Step into Vlux and was immediately greeted by a 'bodyguard' who follow me around but didn't really explain anything. They have a good range of products but their price are equally ATAS!

ii) Lights Advance - Quite a decent selection of lightings, especially crystal chandeliers. Price range is average.

iii) lightings.com.sg - This outlet is relatively smaller than its counterparts in Balestier, Jalan Besar but the services provided by the Filipino saleslady is definitely the best among its peers. Despite the fact that I reiterate my point that I'm just window-shopping for lights and might not purchase any, she still smile and explain all the difference between LED, PLC, PLL lightings to me. Kudos to her! :good:

iv) Pavilion Lighting (updated on 23rd May 13) - I have not read any reviews about them but happen to see it while window-shopping in Geylang for the remaining bedroom lights, T5 tubes and door bell. As soon as my right foot touched their floor, a salesman (his name is Wei Liang) came forward to attend to me. Although my original intention was just to see see look look, I was impressed by his services. Not only did he offer me abundance of knowledge on lightings, he also provided me with fantastic discounts on the T5 tubes, bedroom ceiling lights and door bell which I had purchased (Not sure if it's due to my super-bargaining skill :lol: ). On top of the lighting knowledge, he even taught me how to breakdown the renovation quote my ID offer me on kitchen cabinets, wardrobes etc and also introduced me to a couple shops in Geylang where I can get massive discounts on sanitary & kitchen wares. He highlighted that most shops or IDs earned a fair share of commission when introducing other shops but for him, he's basically offering help to his customers and not a single cent of commission is earned. Their lighting prices are probably the best along Geylang Road but his services are of the highest quality. I even gave him a call days after the lightings are delivered to my house to find out about LED strips, which he gladly impart the knowledge. One word: Fantastic! :good::good:

Joo Chiat -> Made a U-turn at Geylang Road & make my way to Joo Chiat just for this outlet on a hot Sunday :o

i) Brilliant Source Lighting - Saw a few positive reviews about this shop and decided to do some exercise by walking a long distance to Joo Chiat Place from Geylang to find this tiny little shop. By the time I enter the shop, my shirt is already half-drenched in sweats. The price of their PLC downlights are really affordable at $25 per piece (if I didn't recall wrongly) but I wanted LED downlights. The selection is not a lot, so I made a move after a couple of minutes. Not really worth a trip unless you found something desirable on their website.

Jalan Besar -> Can't recall much except that I stepped into lighting.com.sg (opposite Swee Choon Tim Sum Restaurant) and Rad Son Lighting (beside Royal Franco bathroom wares).

Balestier -> This should be renamed as the Renovation Street of Singapore for its high number of renovation firms & lighting shops. LOL!

i) Chan Huat - The Big Brother of lighting shops along Balestier. You can easily find at least 4 outlets along the same road. Offer a great variety of lightings which come in all shapes and sizes. The price is also reasonable. However, the services varied from outlet to outlet, so anyone who wish to purchase lightings from them shouldn't be deterred just because of bad services in a particular outlet.

ii) Thomson Lighting (@ Shaw Plaza) - I was excited when I saw the big words "MASSIVE SALE" and immediately ran into the shop. After walking around and playing with the lighting switches, I took out my wallet and burnt a huge hole by ordering 5 units of LED lights for my bathrooms, kitchen and service yard. However I was satisfied :lol: with my purchase as the other outlets are selling the same type of LED lights at least 40% higher. The only downside is that I have to pick them up myself as my purchases are below the $500 free-delivery mark. :~ Shall upload the pictures later.

iii) LC Lighting Centre (@ Shaw Plaza) - I reckon they have the biggest display area in a single outlet along Balestier Road. However, I'm also confident that their high rental cost is also reflected in their lighting prices. I will advise shoppers to go there to get a 'feel' of the lightings you want to buy and go to other outlets for the same item, it will be cost-effective.

iv) Extreme Lighings - This shop is recommended by my friend who has purchased all her lightings in this shop with huge discounts. The varieties are not exactly what I'm seeking, so didn't hang around for too long in the shop.

v) Light + Form Concepts - Expensive Expensive Expensive

vi) Palace of Lights - I have read quite a number of negative remarks on the forum about this lighting shop, so I entered it with caution. However, I was greeted by an enthusiastic uncle who makes effort educating me on LED downlights. The best part? Their LED downlights (squares design with glass) are on promotion, selling each unit for only $38/- (exclusive of GST) :dribble: . I immediately placed an order of 11 units and told them to deliver during the 3rd week of May. I will upload the pictures later.

Edited by Bengologist

• Like 1

Photographs of lightings

1) Forgotten where I took this picture but this is one of the lightings that caught my attention.
20130427_195322_zpsa8596bf4.jpg

2) Interesting pendant light from lighting.com.sg

20130425_195258_zpsd1e7aeff.jpg

3) Circular LED downlights from lighting.com.sg (they do not have the square ones yet)
20130425_195446_zpsb222e6be.jpg

4) Good design lightings (from lightings.com.sg again) for the bedrooms but they are not do have the LED versions :dunno:

20130425_195941_zps25389fbe.jpg

5) T5 lightbulbs (from lightings.com.sg again again and again). Might revisit the shop again after I confirm with my ID how many tubes I require.

20130425_195622_zps8f560579.jpg

More Photographs of lightings

6) Saw this at Palace of Lights. The price range is from $600 to $800. Can't remember the exact amount.
20130428_201439_zps769831f8.jpg

7) The LED downlights I bought from Palace of Lights. Still can't believe I got each of them at 38 bucks (with one year warranty)! Good deal! :notti:
20130428_200322_zps224f9a81.jpg

8) The service yard's LED ceiling light I bought from Thomson Lighting @ Balestier. Doesn't look impressive but it's ENERGY SAVING! Woohoo! :deal:

1368027025743_zps81d296b5.jpg

9) Square LED ceiling lights for kitchen and toilets (also from Thomas Lighting @ Balestier)
1368027111429_zpsea4cdb61.jpg

Like what I have mentioned earlier, I have a really bad habit of going for items which are wayyyyyyy above my budget.

What's the solution for this problem? :help:
Do I have to -
a) save money & go for normal lightings :(OR
b) splurge on them & cry in one corner of my room when I see my bankbook :~

Thanks to lawrenceke (hey dude, if you are reading this, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your renotalk blog :bow: ), I found the answer. I went for option C, which is to save money by buying such lightings from taobao and have them delivered to Singapore. WOOOOOHOOOOOOO! :dribble:

The only two disadvantages for this option is that I have to take higher risk for the ordering of these lightings from China and that I have to forgo the 1 or 2 years warranty which Singapore shops tend to offer.

These are the two extravagant masterpieces I have purchased from Taobao. :sport-smiley-004:

1) For passageway
1367582122193_zpsedf3319e.jpg

2) For hanging above dining table
1367582027689_zps0ccce843.jpg

P.S.: Sorry for the bad resolutions. I took pictures of it on my computer screen using the camera on my Samsung phone. Yeah, pretty dumb move when there's so many smarter ways of saving the pictures. :(

Edited by Bengologist

Although the selection of the ID pose a huge headache to me, I managed to scan through the list thoroughly and make my selection quickly.

However, the headache did not cease there, as the next bigger headache came hitting on my head :bangwall: - Electrical Appliances/Furniture/Lightings

As much as I want to adhere my spending strictly to my budget plan, I realized that my immune system to visually appealing items is almost close to zero and this means that I have to pay an extra price for my exorbitant taste-bud.

I start my search for electrical appliances, furniture and lighting as early as 5th April (remember Ikea?) and spend the next few weeks roaming around the streets of Geylang, Joo Chiat, Jalan Besar, Balestier etc for the right additions to my house.

I will begin with lightings.LIGHTINGS

Before I begin my hunt, I met up with my ID to discuss the number of lighting points he proposed to install in my house and the kind of lights I am require to buy. Frankly speaking, I know nuts about selecting the suitable lights for every part of my house and I have to seek help in this forum. Even after reading pages after pages of information about lights (okay I lied, I just browse through them), I still find it difficult to transfer this wisdom into my 2MB human processing unit. However, I do understand something --> LED lights can save lots of energy, so it's the best. Hahaha! :lol:Geylang Road -> Went there thrice to find lighting & bathroom wares shops (I stress it again, it's solely for lightings & sanitary wares, no other purposes).

i) Vlux - Step into Vlux and was immediately greeted by a 'bodyguard' who follow me around but didn't really explain anything. They have a good range of products but their price are equally ATAS!

ii) Lights Advance - Quite a decent selection of lightings, especially crystal chandeliers. Price range is average.

iii) lightings.com.sg - This outlet is relatively smaller than its counterparts in Balestier, Jalan Besar but the services provided by the Filipino saleslady is definitely the best among its peers. Despite the fact that I reiterate my point that I'm just window-shopping for lights and might not purchase any, she still smile and explain all the difference between LED, PLC, PLL lightings to me. Kudos to her! :good:Joo Chiat -> Made a U-turn at Geylang Road and make my way to Joo Chiat just for this one outlet on a hot Sunday :o

i) Brilliant Source Lighting - Saw a few positive reviews about this shop and decided to do some exercise by walking a long distance to Joo Chiat Place from Geylang to find this tiny little shop. By the time I enter the shop, my shirt is already half-drenched in sweats. The price of their PLC downlights are really affordable at $25 per piece (if I didn't recall wrongly) but I wanted LED downlights. The selection is not a lot, so I made a move after a couple of minutes. Not really worth a trip unless you found something desirable on their website.Jalan Besar -> Can't recall much except that I stepped into lighting.com.sg (opposite Swee Choon Tim Sum Restaurant) and Rad Son Lighting (beside Royal Franco bathroom wares).Balestier -> This should be renamed as the Renovation Street of Singapore for its high number of renovation firms & lighting shops. LOL!

i) Chan Huat - The Big Brother of lighting shops along Balestier. You can easily find at least 4 outlets along the same road. Offer a great variety of lightings which come in all shapes and sizes. The price is also reasonable. However, the services varied from outlet to outlet, so anyone who wish to purchase lightings from them shouldn't be deterred just because of bad services in a particular outlet.

ii) Thomson Lighting (@ Shaw Plaza) - I was excited when I saw the big words "MASSIVE SALE" and immediately ran into the shop. After walking around and playing with the lighting switches, I took out my wallet and burnt a huge hole by ordering 5 units of LED lights for my bathrooms, kitchen and service yard. However I was satisfied :lol: with my purchase as the other outlets are selling the same type of LED lights at least 40% higher. The only downside is that I have to pick them up myself as my purchases are below the $500 free-delivery mark. :~ Shall upload the pictures later.

iii) LC Lighting Centre (@ Shaw Plaza) - I reckon they have the biggest display area in a single outlet along Balestier Road. However, I'm also confident that their high rental cost is also reflected in their lighting prices. I will advise shoppers to go there to get a 'feel' of the lightings you want to buy and go to other outlets for the same item, it will be cost-effective.

iv) Extreme Lighings - This shop is recommended by my friend who has purchased all her lightings in this shop with huge discounts. The varieties are not exactly what I'm seeking, so didn't hang around for too long in the shop.

v) Light + Form Concepts - Expensive Expensive Expensive

vi) Palace of Lights - I have read quite a number of negative remarks on the forum about this lighting shop, so I entered it with caution. However, I was greeted by an enthusiastic uncle who makes effort educating me on LED downlights. The best part? Their LED downlights (squares design with glass) are on promotion, selling each unit for only $38/- (exclusive of GST) :dribble: . I immediately placed an order of 11 units and told them to deliver during the 3rd week of May. I will upload the pictures later.

Very helpful review! Thanks!

Very helpful review! Thanks!

No prob! I hope my reviews (based on my own experience) will aid you in your lights purchasing.

Cheers! :yamseng:

U did alot of research n tx for sharing!

Hi ProjectH,

Thanks! Yup, I have no choice but to do intensive homework as I do not want to overspend on my renovation & household items (although I already did, hahahahaha.... :lol: )

Congrats on getting the new flat! Can really sense your excitement through your posts. Looking forward to see the chronicled renovation process and of course, the end product :)

Congrats on getting the new flat! Can really sense your excitement through your posts. Looking forward to see the chronicled renovation process and of course, the end product :)

Hi Heavenlyn,

Thanks for dropping by and sincere appreciation for the congrats. Yeah, it's my first time owning a flat (though I purchase it with my parents) and my parents had thrown all the renovation duties to me, so I am super excited to input as much ideas to my new house as possible!

Once again, thank you and have a fantastic day!

P.S.: That's an awesome name (Heavenlyn)! :good:

BATHROOM/KITCHEN WARES

For bathroom & kitchen wares, the places I left my hunting marks are almost identical to the lightings. I guess having lightings and sanitary/kitchen wares shops clustered together on several locations in Singapore is indeed a brilliant move by the government as it saves up a lot of precious time/effort for shrewd bargain-hunters like us, Hahahaha.. :lol:

Geylang Road
i) Hoe Kee Hardware @ Tanjong Katong Complex - Recommended by forum-users, so I made a trip down to this outlet (note: If I'm not mistaken, they have about 5 showrooms in Singapore). The prices are reasonably-priced and they have quite a good spread of bathroom/kitchen items & accessories. I don't recall seeing any fanciful items there, so basically their stuff are merely for practical usage. I was served by this China saleslady who follow me around and provide explanations on the function/usability of the Hob/Hood, kitchen sink, bathroom accessories, ceiling fan. Excellent services but I did not purchase anything from them. Hahahaha! :P

ii) Heritage Bathroom Gallery - There was a negative thread in this forum dedicated to this shop (REF: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/31487-heritage-bathroom-gallery/) and so I was deciding whether to step into the shop. I'm so glad I did because my experience with this shop is 101% different from this forum-user. Although it looks like a shop selling expensive bathroom & kitchen wares, the prices after discount for majority of the items are more affordable than other places. In addition, the saleslady who attend to me (I think her name is Yuko or Yumi or something Yu**) is very patient and assist me to write down the details of the items which I have an interest in buying. I subsequently left the shop with her handwritten note but return a week later to place order for the two sets of 7-piece stainless steel bathroom accessories, two sets of bathroom mirror cabinet and a top-mount black granite sink. Great savings! :deal:

Jalan Besar

i) Poh Seng (Joo?!) Hardware - I can't recall what is the name of the shop I stepped into, Poh Joo or Poh Seng Hardware, but I remember it is not too far away from Royal Franco. Business was good when I entered and even after 10 minutes, there was no one to attend to me, so I made a trip to Royal Franco first. After I returned again, a saleslady came to serve me. They have an adequate supply of kitchen sink, sink mixer and bathroom accessories for selection and price-wise, it's also reasonable. Left the shop again without any purchases as the saleslady gave me a "you-are-not-gonna-buy-anything" stare everytime I make query on their product.

ii) Royal Franco - Due to excessive favourable comments on this shop in this forum, I had earlier attempted to make a few trips to this shop in the evening but unfortunately they are not open. Fortunately on my third attempt, they are open for business and I went in to take a look. Like what the forummers commented, the boss is indeed a friendly guy who wouldn't mind imparting his knowledge on his products to a stranger like me. He went around his shop showing me the different set of bathroom accessories they are selling, explain to me about the different brands of ceiling fan, pro & con of stainless steel sink vs granite sink. In addition, the prices for his items are cheaper than Poh Seng (Joo). However, I did not buy anything too because the selection is quite limited.

Bukit Timah Road

i) Sim Siang Choon @ Alfa Center - This is perhaps the only bathroom/kitchen wares specialist I know without reading the forum because they used to advertise heavily on the television. The showroom is big and have a wide variety for the fussy shopper. The services of the Filipino staff are just okay but the prices for majority of their products are at a bargain given the size of the company. The only drawback is that unlike those smaller enterprises run by the owner themselves, the amount reflected on the price-tag is the final amount (w GST) and so no further negotiation of price is allowed. Initially I wanted to purchase the granite sink which is already on a promotional price of $252.72 and come along with a free sink mixer. However the length of the sink exceeded my requirement and therefore I have to seek alternatives. I will upload the pictures later. :good:

Photographs of Bathroom/Kitchen wares

1) Granite Sink @ Sim Siang Choon. Really worth the bucks if you're looking for a double bowl sink with drainboard! :good:

20130414_134414_zps5efabb0e.jpg

2) Bathroom corner double-layer glass shelf from Hoe Kee. The price is inexpensive @ $50 (w GST). :good:
0f58e77c-16c4-4f76-b6ee-4266c0ec312c_zps

3) The double-bowl granite kitchen sink I bought from Heritage Bathroom Gallery (Only available on catalogue :dunno: )

3ed0d254-5e6a-49b3-841b-8e9a2308b160_zps

4) The 7 piece bathroom accessories I bought from Heritage Bathroom Gallery. There's another non stainless steel set on offer at $65 but I chose this because it's more durable, especially in wet areas like toilets. ;)

20130425_201211_zps6fb3813b.jpg

5) The gorgeously-designed sink mixer from Heritage Bathroom Gallery which I almost buy. Ha!
2428de0d-2676-43c5-900d-d60c1f44e8df_zps

Edited by Bengologist

ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES

For electrical appliances, instead of Geylang, Joo Chiat, Jalan Besar, Balestier etc, I have chosen to head straight to the big names - Courts, Harvey Norman & Gain City.

The Courts at Toa Payoh and Tampines offer massive sales but the prices for majority of the items are still slightly higher than its rivals (maybe with the exception of Home Theater System). :(

For Harvey Norman, I am so relieved that my "brother-in-law" (okay, he's still my sister's boyfriend at the moment) is working there as a promoter, so I am able to get good discount for some of the items I am going to purchase (eg Hob/Hood, Television etc). :notti:

With regards to Gain City, I have visited their outlet at Changi City Point and Marina Square and I was very impressed by their customer services, especially the outlet in Marina Square. Not only are they patient and friendly, they are also able to offer advice and provided me with superb discounts and freebies. I was there for close to two hours, asking millions and millions of question like a hardworking student about air-conditioning, TVs, Home Theater Systems, Refrigerators, Washing Machine etc etc, even to the point that it's past their operation hours. In the end, I purchase a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries System-3 inverter air-conditioning, a Samsung fridge and a Samsung 8kg front load washing machine from them. :rolleyes:

Pictures to follow shortly.... :yeah:

Photographs of Electrical Appliances

1) Onkyo 5.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver @ Courts (Might be getting this for my room! Yeah! Time to rock my room! :jammin:)
20130507_200457_zps621154bd.jpg

2) Weekend further discount for Onkyo 5.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver @ Courts! :jawdrop:

20130507_200450_zpsbeaf8634.jpg

3) I swear I will buy this if I strike Toto first prize! Arghhhhhhh!
IMG-20130509-WA0019_zpsc0a55b2e.jpg

4) The price of LG 84" UD 3D TV! *Faint* :blink:
IMG-20130509-WA0020_zps6b45733c.jpg

Edited by Bengologist