Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bengologist

Let's Go Punggol!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I would say go for the normal one. The pull out type got more mechanism and with very frequent usage it can spoil easily. If you need a pull out then get your plumber to add an additional soft spray next to your sink.

I wanted to put a pull out too, but after talking to a few people I realized that the pull out tends to break easily.

These are my opinions. Hope it helps. =)

I need some advice.. For kitchen faucet, pull out type is good or those just normal one.

Hahaha.. that is why i don't post anythings.. if not wait those ID will come and find me... Ben, I don't know how to write a T-blog, as my english not that good.. and not sure how to post photo in the forum. Still learning how to upload the photo. When I get my key in March, then I started to look for resource.. Etc.. Who to do for tile, carpenter works, electrical...it better that can resource those people early so that you can plan what you want.. All the ID quoted me very expensive, that why I didn't engage them. To me the design they provide almost all the same, they will charge when you want to add more things. What I want is practical.. Not the design nice to see but more storage to use in the kitchen. Once my kitchen is install, I will try to post the photo for you to see. :) if anyone need help, I can share what I learn. :)

aiyo....as if my english is very good....mine also half past six...

i got no energy to do the coordination, after 12 hr shift work concuss liao lol

and ya, for kitchen faucet, get normal one better, find those with angle that suit ur usage and habits

Edited by edd

I would say go for the normal one. The pull out type got more mechanism and with very frequent usage it can spoil easily. If you need a pull out then get your plumber to add an additional soft spray next to your sink.

I wanted to put a pull out too, but after talking to a few people I realized that the pull out tends to break easily.

These are my opinions. Hope it helps. =)

Thanks Jaykr. I can't have the soft spray as my kitchen sink below, all made of concrete. Too late to add

aiyo....as if my english is very good....mine also half past six...

i got no energy to do the coordination, after 12 hr shift work concuss liao lol

and ya, for kitchen faucet, get normal one better, find those with angle that suit ur usage and habits

At least you know how to do T-blog.. but i don't know. :( Huh.. 12 hours shift work, must be very tiring.. I can understand that. :) Thanks.. My daughter want those pull out type, I scare very easy spoilt. So need to get advice from here. Edited by niko

Hi Niko..

I second the normal type.

Initially I also want to get the pull-out but after visiting showrooms and see that the "show tap hose dangle and can't retract back", I thought the normal type should be more pratical in the long run.

I bought the Blanco sink with normal tap but the spout can be turn left/right or rather 360 degrees.

20130514_BlancoMetra9SinkLinusTap.jpg

Sorry, Beng,.. to hijacked your tblog to post my sink :P

Hahaha.. that is why i don't post anythings.. if not wait those ID will come and find me... Ben, I don't know how to write a T-blog, as my english not that good.. and not sure how to post photo in the forum. Still learning how to upload the photo. When I get my key in March, then I started to look for resource.. Etc.. Who to do for tile, carpenter works, electrical...it better that can resource those people early so that you can plan what you want.. All the ID quoted me very expensive, that why I didn't engage them. To me the design they provide almost all the same, they will charge when you want to add more things. What I want is practical.. Not the design nice to see but more storage to use in the kitchen. Once my kitchen is install, I will try to post the photo for you to see. :) if anyone need help, I can share what I learn. :)

Don't say that! Your English is good and that you must have learnt a lot during the coordination work, so starting a T-blog to share your experiences will be beneficial to reno-newbies. Haha!

Anyway you are right, majority of the IDs will suggest the same design unless the homeowner have different taste. If I have experience on renovating a house, I wouldn't have approached any of the IDs because I can certainly do a better job at coordinating than them. However, my lack of experience was really a major concern, so I have no choice but to pay the "premium" for their services. This is why I totally respected your decision to ditch the idea of an ID and liaise with all the sub-contractors yourself. You should consider opening a renovating firm in the future, I will be your employee. Hahaha! :D

Yeah! Looking forward to your photos! :notti:

Another things is that don't ever shout or scold at the workers cos you will not know what will they do at your house. Lol.. This is what i heard from my friends. Just pretend ask them why here is like that..talk to them nicer.. Then all your renovation will be smoothly, unless is ID faulty.. :)

This is totally accurate! I'm a staunch believer of the reward system, rather than the punishment system, so most likely I will buy snacks, food, drinks etc for the workers for their good performance on my house renovation, rather than scold or scream at them for any mistakes. Even when there's errors, I will talk to them politely because I also believe that regardless of status, if you want others to respect you, you must learn to respect others first. :good:

Hi Niko..

Initially I also want to get the pull-out but after visiting showrooms and see that the "show tap hose dangle and can't retract back", I thought the normal type should be more pratical in the long run.

I bought the Blanco sink with normal tap but the spout can be turn left/right or rather 360 degrees.

Hey dreamzgal,

Don't mention it. This blog is free to be used by anyone. It will be a pity to leave it in one corner. Anyway I'm not posting any updates recently, so I'm grateful that you guys/girls can use this space to share ideas or provide any feedbacks to any queries. :good:

Hmmm... It seems that majority of you are in favour of the normal kitchen faucet. I'm not sure if mine is a normal or a pull-out one, or maybe a hybrid like how I see it. However, I'm also giving my vote to a normal kitchen faucet. I have visited showroom with the pull-out kitchen faucet and like what you had mentioned, those tap hose will have difficulty retracting back after a period of extended usage, therefore I opt not :no: to have a single pull-out kitchen faucet but instead go for this hybrid model which another forum user (lawrenceke) is also using. Not sure about the working condition. I will advise again after it's being installed on my sink. :notti:

n u keep adding VOs to ur reno.. :lol: but no matter wat, i nvr see the Green Man rip his trousers de! so dun worry, it may get a little tight but u wont go bottomless... wahaha! :P

wahahaha this is so funny lol... :lol:

Thanks, mrmerry...

Aiii... if I have seen the tap Lawrenceke & you bought earlier... I would have get it too... it's so cool....

Have a great weekend!

Don't say that! Your English is good and that you must have learnt a lot during the coordination work, so starting a T-blog to share your experiences will be beneficial to reno-newbies. Haha!

Anyway you are right, majority of the IDs will suggest the same design unless the homeowner have different taste. If I have experience on renovating a house, I wouldn't have approached any of the IDs because I can certainly do a better job at coordinating than them. However, my lack of experience was really a major concern, so I have no choice but to pay the "premium" for their services. This is why I totally respected your decision to ditch the idea of an ID and liaise with all the sub-contractors yourself. You should consider opening a renovating firm in the future, I will be your employee. Hahaha! :D

Yeah! Looking forward to your photos! :notti:

Hehehe...No T-blog. Really don't know how to do that.I also don't have any experiences at all, as it my 1st time getting a new BTO flat too. :) I just went to all my neighbour house who are doing renovation and see how those workers work, asking them question that I'm not sure.

I don't have experience, no money..how to open a renovating firm? And where got extra money to hire you. It is not that easy to set up a firm..At first when I coordinating with those sub-con, I feel very tiring..almost going to give up..But I tell myself, I can't do things half way, if not everything's will be crop up...so now I keep finding resource for some stuffs. :)

Btw your Renovation Cost not bad, can you pm me all the cost like? I want to compare see those sub-con "Uncle'' lied to me anot, then I can called them everyday. :)

Yesterday is holiday, my electrical guy still come my new place do wiring, didn't know he is so on. :(

I'm still learning how to upload photos. :0)

Hi dreamzgal, thanks for the info. "show tap hose dangle and can't retract back" I total agree with you. I went to many and different shop and play with their pull-out tap, it really happen what you have mention. Soon I will kana blacklist by the shop. LOL

Hi Niko..

Edited by niko