Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bengologist

Let's Go Punggol!

hi ben,

yr room's 3D looks good! is the wardrobe door kind of transparent?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I thought if ur leakage (upwards) affects ur neighbour downstairs, u have to rectify (e.g redo waterproofing etc) & the cost is to be borne by both 50-50... Not sure abt new BTO though... mayb can complain to HDB & let them foot the bill bcos of their lousy waterproofing... :unsure:

I think if I'm not wrong, it's not borne by both party 50-50, I think it will be a case of the "leakage" party compensating the affected party (neighbour below) and also pay for the rectification work. :o

I'm not sure how this issue is normally solved in resale flats (maybe dependable on the negotiating skills of both parties :lol: ) but for BTO flats, if a leakage affects the neighbour below, not only do you require to make compensation to the neighbour, you also need to pay penalty and also pay a hefty sum to HDB to engage their appointed contractor to fix the problem. This was repeatedly mentioned by the HDB officer when I went to HDB Hub to collect my keys. Sound scary to the wallet. :unsure:

hi ben,

yr room's 3D looks good! is the wardrobe door kind of transparent?

hi faifai,

Thanks for the compliment! :lol:

Hmmm.. It's not exactly transparent. If I'm not wrong, the one I have requested is a frosted glass wardrobe door. :rolleyes:

I think if I'm not wrong, it's not borne by both party 50-50, I think it will be a case of the "leakage" party compensating the affected party (neighbour below) and also pay for the rectification work. :o

I'm not sure how this issue is normally solved in resale flats (maybe dependable on the negotiating skills of both parties :lol: ) but for BTO flats, if a leakage affects the neighbour below, not only do you require to make compensation to the neighbour, you also need to pay penalty and also pay a hefty sum to HDB to engage their appointed contractor to fix the problem. This was repeatedly mentioned by the HDB officer when I went to HDB Hub to collect my keys. Sound scary to the wallet. :unsure:

Oh, do u mean if the reno causes the leakage (by say damaging the original HDB waterproofing)? That i agree. Otherwise, if it is a defective waterproofing by HDB in the 1st plc, shouldn't they paid for it? :dunno:

Jus to share my experience staying in the same unit for >20 yrs, Some years back, my neighbour downstairs complained that there was leakage from my unit to theirs. Upon checking by HDB, I was instructed to re-do my bathrooms' flooring. Only the cost of re-doing the flooring (though both toilet bowls had to be hacked & replaced too inevitably) was shared 50-50 with the neighbour. I fought for the cost of the toilet bowls but sorry HDB said cannot include in the cost-sharing! :angry2:

When I did my major reno last yr, i specifically told 3D to do a gd job & dun cause me trouble in the future years. Luckily they give 5-yr warranty. Anything wrong during this 5 yrs (touch wood), sure will make them responsible & pay for it! :lol:

Edited by jus4fun

Oh, do u mean if the reno causes the leakage (by say damaging the original HDB waterproofing)? That i agree. Otherwise, if it is a defective waterproofing by HDB in the 1st plc, shouldn't they paid for it? :dunno:

Jus to share my experience staying in the same unit for >20 yrs, Some years back, my neighbour downstairs complained that there was leakage from my unit to theirs. Upon checking by HDB, I was instructed to re-do my bathrooms' flooring. Only the cost of re-doing the flooring (though both toilet bowls had to be hacked & replaced too inevitably) was shared 50-50 with the neighbour. I fought for the cost of the toilet bowls but sorry HDB said cannot include in the cost-sharing! :angry2:

When I did my major reno last yr, i specifically told 3D to do a gd job & dun cause me trouble in the future years. Luckily they give 5-yr warranty. Anything wrong during this 5 yrs (touch wood), sure will make them responsible & pay for it! :lol:

Wow! Really? You mean you get to replace your bathroom flooring and your neighbour have to share 50-50 of the cost? Sounds like a bad deal to the poor neighbour. Hahahaha! :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, just like you, I'm pretty glad that 3D offers a 5-year warranty. Looking at the progress of my renovation, I think I will be luckier than you because I probably will get a lot of chance to use the 5-year warranty. :~:~:~

Wow! Really? You mean you get to replace your bathroom flooring and your neighbour have to share 50-50 of the cost? Sounds like a bad deal to the poor neighbour. Hahahaha! :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, just like you, I'm pretty glad that 3D offers a 5-year warranty. Looking at the progress of my renovation, I think I will be luckier than you because I probably will get a lot of chance to use the 5-year warranty. :~:~:~

Ya, but if my ceiling got leakage due to my neighbour upstairs.. i'll b the poor neighbour too.. so hope ti gong bo pi loh... haha :lol:

Aiyo, dun like tt say! Hope u never ever gonna need to exercise the warranty lah! For me, some time after the handover, I got sm minor issues like a hairline gap between my study table & the wall (ya it's suspended kind), a faulty T5 light, room floor laminate showed signs of 'bloating' at sm joints, etc. I contacted my ID directly to get ppl come inspect or fix, so far he had responded but very very slow lor (even slower than during reno of cos).. Then subsequently, i dun bother to call already for trivial matters (e.g. my bathrm vanity cabinet doors became misaligned :() But for major ones, if any (touch wood again), sure will go to 3D directly de!

1st June 2013

After my last visit to my house on 24th May 2013, I decided to take a week's self-imposed curfew to the house, hoping that by the end of the week, I will have a pleasant surprise on the progress of the renovation. However, the 'surprise' factor soon escalated several times into the 'shock' :jawdrop: mental state as soon as I place my left foot in my new house. Everything remains the same as last week, with the exception of a few wires sticking out here & there, and a false wall nicely done up in the Master Bedroom. I continued my inspection of the house, praying that I will make a few more discoveries so as to minimize the flabbergasted reaction. However, I wasn't lucky enough, so I took a couple of unnecessary pictures of the renovation and left the house with my mouth full of 'colourful language'. :curse:

The next morning, I met up with Mr ID in the McDonald's near my house because the next payment is due for collection (he's pretty efficient when it comes to cheque collection). He had arranged to meet me at 10am but as usual, he arrived late at 10.30am but didn't bother to find any excuses to address his punctuality issue, probably because he has been late wayyyyyyy too often. :angry2: My face remain as dark as Justice Bao :furious: when I voiced my displeasure about the lack of renovation progress. I guess he can sense the annoyance in my tone and try to remain as quiet as possible during the brief meeting. At the end of the session, I stressed to him that by hook or by crook, I want to see my house ready on 22nd June as per promise because I wouldn't want to dish out my hard-earned dollars and penalise myself for their inefficiency. He provided an updated schedule on the spot, which will see painting work on my Living Hall & Master Bedroom to be done on 4th June, shower screens/glass partition to be installed on 6th June and carpentry items (wardrobe, kitchen cabinets) to be installed on 8th June.

Last evening (4th June), I made a trip after work to my house to check if the painting works are done. Once again, it was a case of empty promises as the renovation progress was almost identical to the one I saw on Saturday :angry: . I immediately called him up but once again, his mobile phone was on 'invisible' mode again. After the missed call, I dropped him an SMS, saying "Eddie, give me a call asap. Thanks!" However, no response was given the entire evening and I had to go to bed without a proper answer.

This morning when I opened my eyes, I checked my mobile phone to see his whatsapp reply at 1.29am, saying that he did not pick up my call because he was in a meeting till 1 plus am. He followed up with another updated schedule which will see last Sunday's arrangements being delayed again and majority of the renovation work being squeezed to the last 10 days of the proposed plan. I reverted with the following message:-
"Hi Eddie, thanks for the revised schedule. I can see that majority of the renovation works are delayed again and being squeezed to the last week of the proposed plan. Are you confident of handing over the house on 22nd Jun without any compromises of workmanship? Thanks."

Here's a look at the revised x 41904818491048183123804872 plan:-

1370404140541_zps46e6d42d.jpg

Here are some of the renovation pictures taken on 1st June:-

1) Wiring work done for the cooker hood in the kitchen
20130601_153409_zps10ec4608.jpg

2) Electrical wires dangling on the wall in one of the bedroom
20130601_153532_zpsc5a3baca.jpg

3) Additional socket constructed near the main entrance for the praying altar
20130601_153434_zps547a1837.jpg

4) False wall constructed in the Master Bedroom. The parquet skirting had been fixed up yesterday.
20130601_153504_zps5e48363c.jpg

Edited by Bengologist

Ya, but if my ceiling got leakage due to my neighbour upstairs.. i'll b the poor neighbour too.. so hope ti gong bo pi loh... haha :lol:

Aiyo, dun like tt say! Hope u never ever gonna need to exercise the warranty lah! For me, some time after the handover, I got sm minor issues like a hairline gap between my study table & the wall (ya it's suspended kind), a faulty T5 light, room floor laminate showed signs of 'bloating' at sm joints, etc. I contacted my ID directly to get ppl come inspect or fix, so far he had responded but very very slow lor (even slower than during reno of cos).. Then subsequently, i dun bother to call already for trivial matters (e.g. my bathrm vanity cabinet doors became misaligned :() But for major ones, if any (touch wood again), sure will go to 3D directly de!

I also got to bo pi bo pi that I won't have leakages on my ceiling, otherwise I will :~ when I have to pay for my neighbour's repair work. Wahahahahaha! :lol:

Lol.. I'm just kidding when I say I will need to use the warranty. Warranty is like insurance, you buy it but you wouldn't wish to use it at all. Hahaha! However, looking at how my ID pushes all the major renovation work to the last week of the proposed renovation plan, I'm really scared that the workmanship might compromise. Really have to visit the temple, church, mosque in the coming week to pray that the renovation will be smooth-sailing from now till 22nd June and that there won't be any major hiccup in the quality for the next 10 years. Hahaha! :lol:

OMG!! reading ur blog is really like going thru my own!! we can be the best of brothers liao!! :drunk:

But dun worry too much.. despite the delay (see if u beat my record of 2 months 22 days for a 3-rm resale w complete overhaul! hee hee :P), i'm sure things will eventually work out well for u la, just as it has been for me..

Edited by jus4fun

OMG!! reading ur blog is really like going thru my own!! we can be the best of brothers liao!! :drunk:

But dun worry too much.. despite the delay (see if u beat my record of 2 months 22 days for a 3-rm resale w complete overhaul! hee hee :P), i'm sure things will eventually work out well for u la, just as it has been for me.. :)

Wah! Yours can be nominated for Guinness World Record for the longest renovation in Singapore! Hahahaha! :lol:

I thought it's my ID's fault that the renovation get delayed so long, but considering that we both use 3D Innovative, I really wonder if it is the company's style that renovation always get long delays or perhaps it's the norm in the industry. Lol! :P

Wah! Yours can be nominated for Guinness World Record for the longest renovation in Singapore! Hahahaha! :lol:

I thought it's my ID's fault that the renovation get delayed so long, but considering that we both use 3D Innovative, I really wonder if it is the company's style that renovation always get long delays or perhaps it's the norm in the industry. Lol! :P

I understd ur worry - will they compromise on the worksmanship & quality if they try to rush everything up in the very last week!? That's why for me i kind of like extended my deadline a little at a time (within my tolerence of cos; and what high level of tolerence I had looking back.. haha! :lol:) for them to catch up.. Mr ID was quite frank with me - that it oso cost them to delay.. So i asked him: "so why r u doing it? could we strive for a win-win, ok?!!!"

Edited by jus4fun

I understd ur worry - will they compromise on the worksmanship & quality if they try to rush everything up in the very last week!? That's why for me i kind of like extended my deadline a little at a time (within my tolerence of cos; and what high level of tolerence I had looking back.. haha! :lol:) for them to catch up.. Mr ID was quite frank with me - that it oso cost them to delay.. So i asked him: "so why r u doing it? could we strive for a win-win, ok?!!!"

Ya, I was kinda upset and worry that my ID pushed the major renovation to the last week but he explained that some of the processes like painting touch-up, plumbing work etc can only be done after the carpentry is installed and that he readjusted the installation of the carpentry items to a later date so that there will not be any poor workmanship. I will buy his story for the time being. :dunno:

I guess you must be one of the most patient homeowner in Renotalk. Majority of them (including myself) would have blasted the brain out of the ID/contractors' heads for a renovation period of close to 3-months. Hahaha! :lol:

Ya, I was kinda upset and worry that my ID pushed the major renovation to the last week but he explained that some of the processes like painting touch-up, plumbing work etc can only be done after the carpentry is installed and that he readjusted the installation of the carpentry items to a later date so that there will not be any poor workmanship. I will buy his story for the time being. :dunno:

I guess you must be one of the most patient homeowner in Renotalk. Majority of them (including myself) would have blasted the brain out of the ID/contractors' heads for a renovation period of close to 3-months. Hahaha! :lol:

Na ni na ni! It's not as if I had not nagged, shown my displeasure, n uttered my fair share of KNN (NB. nvr at anyone but inside me.. so lots of internal injury liao) But since can't move any faster, jus hv to move along lor.. I was staying at my bro's plc so no rush to move out.. (u staying at someone's plc now oso rite?) My only damage was my extended Extra Storage cost, which i recovered by making Mr ID pay half of my floor polishing cost.. hee hee! :lol:

Edited by jus4fun

Hope you can get your handover in time..!
There're so many good reviews on 3D (esp Jimmy, we met him, v nice guy but we didn't choose him in the end).. Maybe it's the ID's poor time management, not the company.

Maybe you can try raging big time if he causes you any further delay :furious: Or request a change of ID :P

Na ni na ni! It's not as if I had not nagged, shown my displeasure, n uttered my fair share of KNN (NB. nvr at anyone but inside me.. so lots of internal injury liao) But since can't move any faster, jus hv to move along lor.. I was staying at my bro's plc so no rush to move out.. (u staying at someone's plc now oso rite?) My only damage was my extended Extra Storage cost, which i recovered by making Mr ID pay half of my floor polishing cost.. hee hee! :lol:

Hahaha.. Yeah! We're renting a house for the time being till the end of the renovation. Told the landlord that we are shifting out on 31st May but now got to delay till 22nd June. If there's any further delays, I will charge the rental bill back to 3D, hahaha... :lol:

I doubt my ID will sacrifice and pay for any part of my renovation. I will be extremely grateful if he didn't throw in dubious items everytime he submit a new VO to me. Revised VOs always contain additional costs which I can't really justify with him, so I just blindly accepted it because I want my renovation to move Fast & Furious 10. I should have just engaged Vin Diesel to be my ID in the first place, perhaps he can do it much faster than the current ID. Hahahaha! :D:D:D