Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bengologist

Let's Go Punggol!

wa your blanco sink with the tap **** swee. :good::good::good:

Ha! Thanks mrmeery/mrsmerry!

I'm looking forward to getting it installed asap! :lol::lol::lol:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hehehe...No T-blog. Really don't know how to do that.I also don't have any experiences at all, as it my 1st time getting a new BTO flat too. :) I just went to all my neighbour house who are doing renovation and see how those workers work, asking them question that I'm not sure.

I don't have experience, no money..how to open a renovating firm? And where got extra money to hire you. It is not that easy to set up a firm..At first when I coordinating with those sub-con, I feel very tiring..almost going to give up..But I tell myself, I can't do things half way, if not everything's will be crop up...so now I keep finding resource for some stuffs. :)

Btw your Renovation Cost not bad, can you pm me all the cost like? I want to compare see those sub-con "Uncle'' lied to me anot, then I can called them everyday. :)

Yesterday is holiday, my electrical guy still come my new place do wiring, didn't know he is so on. :(

I'm still learning how to upload photos. :0)

Wow! For a first-timer like you, to coordinate all the work yourself rather than reliance on your ID is really something all renotalk folks will respect about. Anyway if you need to find any resources, please feel free to let us know, we'll try our best to assist you since it's a tough job for you to oversee your renovation.

My renovation cost is pretty good (what's even better is that there's NO GST! :dribble: ), this is something I'm pretty thankful to 3D Innovative. However the slow progress for my house's renovation is certainly adding more negative marks to their scorecard. I will pm you the cost when I'm done with my work in the office. Give me a couple of days okay? :P

Your electrician deserve a ice-cold beer for his effort to work on public holidays! Give that man a Tiger! Hahaha! :yamseng:

Long weekends don't necessarily mean good news. After 'recharging' my body resting at home over Vesak Day and the weekends, I was back in office with documents piling all the way to the ceiling! Haha! I exaggerated a little on that! LOL! :lol:

Well, enough of rantings on my mundane working life. Let's get back to the renovation talk on my house. :sport-smiley-004:

24th May 2013

While many Buddhists head to the temple to pray on this special holiday, I made my way to Ubi for another 'showdown' with my ID (actually I'm there to select the materials for the shoe cabinet). I sounded my displeasure to him regarding the slow progress of the renovation (sorry pals for constantly repeating this in my T-blog) and also my annoyance at his perpetual avoidance of my calls, SMS, whatsapp. To be honest, I don't even call or sms him often (once or twice every 3 to 4 days) but his lack of reply to even a minor question or a simple "thank you. I have noted your concern. Will follow up." is what really pissed me off. It's like a one-way communication or even talking to the wall (even the wall produce echoes). Anyway communications is still lacking even after my reminder, so I guess he's getting an D- for his report card up till now. :furious:

Near to the end of the session, he listed down the revised schedule for my proposed renovation and unsurprisingly, the handover was delayed from 1st June to 22nd June. I had to admit that it's partially my fault for adding VOs one week at a time but I strongly believed that if he had constantly filled me in on the progress, I wouldn't have been nagging so much about the delays. Well, let's pray that everything's okay by 20th June. :rolleyes:

After I parted ways with him, I made my way from Ubi to Punggol to check on the renovation progress. Since my last update on 20th May, the painting of the whole house is 80% completed, with the exception of the Master Bedroom where the reno guys are going to perform plastering work on a wall next week.

Here are the photos:-

1) Sandstone wall in the living hall. The whole wall is supposed to be painted in sandstone colour and not merely this little area. Have informed my ID about it and he will send his painters to rectify this error.
20130524_141418_zps2a79555e.jpg

2) Sandstone & light grey colour in my parents' room. Have chosen the same colour as I think my folks will like the "homely & natural" feeling this colour radiates. Hope I'm not making a wrong choice, hahahahaha! :lol:
20130524_141640_zps0b987103.jpg

3) Lavender and Harmonious Purple colour for my sister's room. A little fanciful I guess but I love the colour! :wub:
20130524_141402_zps509f7bd0.jpg

Found a little pleasant surprise when I reached home after a long journey back from Punggol - MY TAOBAO CLOCKS ARE HERE! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! :sport-smiley-004:

As per my usual practice, I immediately grabbed a "weapon of mass destruction" (translate: penknife) and started tearing up the boxes like a skilled butcher.

Here are the pictures of the loots:-

1) Multiple layers of packaging by the Peeka staff. Torturous on my arms but satisfactory on my face. :P
20130524_131105_zpsde7d8852.jpg

2) Chill peeps! I have this under control! It's not a bomb, don't be alarmed! It's just the fantastic packaging for my kitchen digital clock! :D
20130524_130229_zps1a0355a7.jpg

3) Ta-daaaa! This is my kitchen clock! :)
20130524_130412_zpsc8cb163b.jpg

4) The champion of all my Taobao clocks. This one is gonna be in my living room. Will fix it up when my renovation is nearing the end. :lol:
20130524_133112_zps49382057.jpg

Taobao Clocks (Part 2)

For the 3 bedrooms, I have ordered the same design in different colour so as to match the interior of the rooms.

Here are the photos:-

5) This is probably gonna be on the wall in my parents' room as my mom show a slight preference on this to the other two.
20130524_131433_zps949f8bcb.jpg

6) This is undoubtedly the clock for my sister's room. I had deliberately ordered this to increase the overall purple exposure in the room. Guess it's a little "overdose" of purple. Haha! :lol:
20130524_131612_zps21842b4b.jpg

7) And finally, this sliver one is gonna be resting its body on the wall in my room! Hehehe... :yeah:
20130524_131231_zpsc1d54d1e.jpg

Edited by Bengologist

Hi Beng, your clocks look so cool... :good:

Please PM me the taobao links... :notti:

Hey yo dreamzgal!

Not sure which one you fancy but well, you've got mail! :notti:

mail me tooo on clocks.... thanks!

Hmmm.. You can't receive any more mail, so I'm gonna paste all the links here. :notti:

u just reminded me i never buy any clocks.............. :bleah:

the kitchen one is digital? pls show the display!!!!!

Edited by edd

u just reminded me i never buy any clocks.............. :bleah:

the kitchen one is digital? pls show the display!!!!!

Hmmm.. The display is something like this ->

KitchenClock_zpsa9350a6f.jpg

Edited by Bengologist

After voicing my unhappiness at the lack of communication on this T-blog last night, I was utterly speechless and surprised to find my ID flood my whatsapp this morning with the carpentry drawings for my wardrobes, kitchen cabinets and shoe rack. On top of that, he even made the effort of sending me several pictures of the colour/material code for the above items and also the 3D DRAWINGS OF MY BEDROOMS! Hooooooorrrrraaaaaaayyyyyyy! :sport-smiley-004:

I'm guessing that:-

a) He's a silent follower of this T-blog.
b) Some Higher Power up there must have understood my agony and decided to help me out.
c) He finally found his invisible phone (Wahahahaha! I'm just joking on this! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Without further ado, please allow me to share the carpentry drawings and the respective colour/material codes. :P

1) Carpentry drawing of my kitchen cabinets (both side)
IMG-20130528-WA0003_zps5110cbec.jpg

2) Colour/Material chosen for the kitchen cabinets
IMG-20130528-WA0004_zps11394115.jpg

3) Carpentry drawing of the proposed shoe rack
IMG-20130528-WA0010_zpsea0989b4.jpg

4) The colour of the shoe rack has not been finalised with him but tentatively, I will stick with EWD 4302T (cherry apple) to suit the colour of the altar which is pretty close to it.
IMG-20130528-WA0012_zps7783305d.jpg

Carpentry Drawings (Part 2) - Bedroom Wardrobes

5) The carpentry drawings for the two common rooms. That carpenter really can draw well! :good:
IMG-20130528-WA0007_zps2641f4b2.jpg

6) The colour/material selection is the same for both rooms to keep things simple, which was an excellent suggestion by my sister.
IMG-20130528-WA0008_zpsf264cfec.jpg

7) The colour for the body of the wardrobes is ER 9740ET (veneto classic) while the colour of the doors is EXO 1202N. Really looking forward to the installation day! :dribble:
IMG-20130528-WA0009_zps0f4530f9.jpg

8) Carpentry drawing for the sliding wardrobe in the Master Bedroom
IMG-20130528-WA0005_zps5b2cea0d.jpg

9) Last but not least, the colour/material for the body is EFB 4271 (black illusion).
IMG-20130528-WA0006_zps6866ee4f.jpg

Now that we are done with the carpentry drawings, let's move on to the main course of the day, the 3D drawings of the three bedrooms! Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh! :jammin:

Here are the pictures:-

1) 3D conceptual drawing for my parents' room. I'm hoping to show this to them in the evening, hopefully it will bring a smile to their faces :D
IMG-20130528-WA0001_zpsc7f6431a.jpg

2) 3D drawing for my sister's room. I have shown her this picture this morning but she's still in blurry sleepy mode. Hopefully she will be bouncing in joy :sport-smiley-004: when the coffee effect kick in. Hahaha!
IMG-20130528-WA0000_zps36528e73.jpg

3) And finally, my room! OMG! I love it so much :wub: ! Gonna pray hard that the final result will be very similar to this 3D drawing! :lol:
IMG-20130528-WA0002_zps2c4c1624.jpg

Any comments peeps? :)

Edited by Bengologist

Wah say! U gonna hv hanging lights in ur room?! I think u did pretty well with the design! Am sure ur parents and sis will appreciate ur efforts!