Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AriesTay

Sense Art Pte Ltd - Bad Experience

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi sgbestproperty,

I not sure why you attach these and try to tell me.

For me they are irresponsible businessman with bad character thats all.

Fully agreed with UAC because all big and old company start from small and new

cheers

Hmmm...while it is admirable to want to give new companies a chance to prove themselves, do you want to be the one taking the risk with your hard-earned money?

Anyone has successfully gotten their money back it turns out that you can file a complain at the states court to get back your money. I had bought the sofa in January the 30th 2013 it was suppose to arrive in october but it did not then without informing or refund they went missing even though we only pay for half of the price as deposit it is still money that we earn so hard for I manage to contact one of the workers there some time agohe only said I dont know I quit TNalready you could try calling this person and gave me 2 numbers itried calling and texting almost everyday but there was no reply and then the person who gave me the number went missing too seriously it is so frustrating

hi Shirley it may be futile to do so. a private limited company is like a wallet that contains only a fixed sum of money. you go to court, the court rules in your favour, orders the company to pay you, but do they have the money to pay you? the only way to ask for compensation beyond what the company account can pay, is to sue the directors in their personal capacity. in legal concept this is called lifting the corporate veil but you have to prove there were fraudulent or other actions that infringes upon the Singapore Companies Act.

last heard boss of sense art is still in the furniture industry albeit in another company

Hi Shirley,

i am one of the victim. i have approached my MP, she said she cant do anything as well.

she just suggest me to report to police, however, police may take action if they have received more complains from all of us.

i have reported to police this end of last year.

i have also approached CC lawyer, he advise is difficult to get back our money from private limited company.

this incident already past more than one year, not sure how the status now from all of the victim.

if anyone have any news and suggestion, please share.

thanks.

Hi guys, another victim here..

I've yet to make a police report but have gone to CASE and small claims tribunal etc but of course to no avail.

Any updates from other victims on their cases?

Also, is anyone keen to come together to jointly take legal action against the directors?

it is tough.....so many cases of businesses collecting deposits today and closing down tomorrow.........

for your information, the boss of sense art, Kevin Ben Lim, has now moved to another furniture company and upgraded to a bigger car.

hence you see, the law basically doesn't deal with such people.