Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
art00609

Our "too Fast, Too Tiny" 4 Rm @punggol

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hello! my husb & your husb are colleagues, & he told me to check out your t-blog. ur husb also passed Mr K's contact already. thanks!

may i know where you selected the tiles that are similar to the color of your laminate?

we're planning for the ash grey concept also.

Hi octavia,

nice meeting you here...

actually we wanted to do ash grey concept for our laminates but the tile that Mr K has selected for us, don't have in the ash grey shade :(

He actually gave us one tile for us to choose the laminates from. Maybe the fact that he knows I might be fickle-minded, that's y :wacko:

We only used the tiles for our toilets area as we are afraid that the constant "splashing" of water might spoil the laminates in the future.

If you want, maybe you can find your own ash grey tile from hafary (that seemed to be the popular place for tiles in this forum :) )

Hope it helps...would love to see your place with the ash grey shade :sport-smiley-004:

Regards,

art00609

Hi Hi

Congratulations to another happy Mr K's customer!

I just read your blog and saw the photos of your hacked wall and laying of cement screed over existing wall tiles you posted and begining to wonder why my contractor chose to do differently at a higher cost?

I did a fair bit of hacking to my flat, including hacking away part of the master bedroom wall next to the entrance to create a double-door entrance. I see that your contractor hacked away the part of the walls for the glass divider without hacking away the wall above it while my contractor insisted that it will not be stable and that part has to be hacked away and reconstructed. I wonder why the different school of thought?

My contractor also insisted that the cement screed will not stick well on existibg tiles and if I choose to overlay cement screed over existing tiles there will be no warranty for the work done. Mr K doesnt seem to have this concern? I retained the existing kitchen wall tiles and aborted the idea of using cement screed for the wall at the dining area in the end to save cost.

And lastly please compliment Mr K for his nice drawings and handwriting!

Hi sarah833,

Thank you :)

Hmm, for hacking wise, we left everything in the hands of the "master", Mr K. Apparently he has been doing it all the time and so far so good :sport-smiley-004: For the kitchen, the cement screed really stick well on the existing tiles and Mr K will be doing another touch up for it :)

Maybe they both are from different school of thoughts i guess...

Don't worry about the compliments, hehehe he has been getting them quite alot recently :lol:

Regards,

art00609

Edited by art00609

hi art....is the wiring for the track light concealed or expose as in trunking?

hi hi577,

so far all the wirings are concealed in the wall i guess ;) The trunkings are for aircons only

Hi Art00609,

Was surprised how beautiful a HDB flat can turns into with great ideas! Am getting my house keys soon and appreciate if you can share with me your contractor contact. You can PM me here or email it to me hansrayz@yahoo.com.sg

Have a great day!! Many thanks!!!:)

Hi HanafiHansray,

Pm-ed you already :)

Hi Art00609,

Can I have Mr K's contacts as well?

Thanks.

Hi wgt54,

Pm-ed you already :)

Hi Hi

Congratulations to another happy Mr K's customer!

I just read your blog and saw the photos of your hacked wall and laying of cement screed over existing wall tiles you posted and begining to wonder why my contractor chose to do differently at a higher cost?

I did a fair bit of hacking to my flat, including hacking away part of the master bedroom wall next to the entrance to create a double-door entrance. I see that your contractor hacked away the part of the walls for the glass divider without hacking away the wall above it while my contractor insisted that it will not be stable and that part has to be hacked away and reconstructed. I wonder why the different school of thought?

My contractor also insisted that the cement screed will not stick well on existibg tiles and if I choose to overlay cement screed over existing tiles there will be no warranty for the work done. Mr K doesnt seem to have this concern? I retained the existing kitchen wall tiles and aborted the idea of using cement screed for the wall at the dining area in the end to save cost.

And lastly please compliment Mr K for his nice drawings and handwriting!

Hi sarah833,

Thank you :)

Hmm, for hacking wise, we left everything in the hands of the "master", Mr K. Apparently he has been doing it all the time and so far so good :sport-smiley-004: For the kitchen, the cement screed really stick well on the existing tiles and Mr K will be doing another touch up for it :)

Maybe they both are from different school of thoughts i guess...

Don't worry about the compliments, hehehe he has been getting them quite alot recently :lol:

Regards,

art00609

Hi Art,

Can you help me ask Mr K when you next see him? :) My hands are still itchy even though I just moved in 5 mths ago :)

Hi Art,

Can you help me ask Mr K when you next see him? :) My hands are still itchy even though I just moved in 5 mths ago :)

Ok will ask him about it...maybe once i get the answer will pm u :D

Yesterday morning, Mr K called me to ask if I was coming over as he would be doing my lightings and fans today...

Since I couldn't make it in the afternoon, juz informed him which lights/fans for which room

Well, later in the evening, we went over and were surprised that all our lights & fans were UP!!!! :lol:gallery_46790_34_283196.jpg

Clockwise: The hall tracklights/fans (biggest pix), Storeroom light, Walkway tracklights, Wardrobe "milo tins" light, dining "hat" light and lastly kitchen lights :wub:

As you all can see, I'm into black...hehehe my fans are black, lights are black :D

Wonder what will Mr K surprise us again next week :rolleyes:

nice.... we wanted all black fixtures as well! :)

nice.... we wanted all black fixtures as well! :)

thank you silvergorilla :D

black is my favourite colour...so the great influence :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Art,

Ok will ask him about it...maybe once i get the answer will pm u :D

gum xia :)