Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
flyersummer

Any Electrician To Recommend?

Tks yaolong . Glad matter has been resolved as less one task of chasing for refund.

Just one lesson learnt, not to be so trusting to part with money so easily .

Bought all lightings this morning frm zenterA.

Met mr lye the first time b he is really a nice man.

Looking fwd for lights up in a wks time.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sighz.. i've tried to call zenterra few days ago and it seems like all the electrician are fully booked and they said they can only attend to me in mid dec while i need to do my electricity my this week or early next week at most.

Contacted Mr Ong and because he gave us a very gud price, so we might be engaging him instead.

But i need some enlightment here, Mr Ong never give us any proper/official quotation. He just quote us a price for re-wiring the whole house.

I feel a bit insecure without a formal quotation given. But from this forum seems like Mr Ong quite trustworthy. I was wondering if we can just accept this or go with the electrician recommended by my ID which cost us like 1k more?

Pls pls advice..

Sighz.. i've tried to call zenterra few days ago and it seems like all the electrician are fully booked and they said they can only attend to me in mid dec while i need to do my electricity my this week or early next week at most.

Contacted Mr Ong and because he gave us a very gud price, so we might be engaging him instead.

But i need some enlightment here, Mr Ong never give us any proper/official quotation. He just quote us a price for re-wiring the whole house.

I feel a bit insecure without a formal quotation given. But from this forum seems like Mr Ong quite trustworthy. I was wondering if we can just accept this or go with the electrician recommended by my ID which cost us like 1k more?

Pls pls advice..

Hi friend,

there is quite alot of option in hdb website...spend a little time going through n I think it may save u quite a few hundred bucks..

Hi friend,

there is quite alot of option in hdb website...spend a little time going through n I think it may save u quite a few hundred bucks..

Yeah i've tried to look around in HDB website, but i was thinking rather than randomly picking few of those, it will be better to go with a recommended electrician here.

Do you have anybody to recommend?

Latest Update..

SEbastian has refunded me the deposit .

Credit to him for keeping his promise.

Hi Wojia

U manage to contact Sebrastian. Which number did you call? I want the refund also.

My new electrian had solve most of my problem. Now only left the opennet wire which has no idea where it link to and don't know whether did Sebrastian connect the wire mah. Haiz... Think might wait the the opennet come and check liao. Also waiting for my electrician to set up my AV system for me but they didn't turn up today. :(

Edited by starlady29

Pls pls advice..

i learnt my lesson hard way, pay deposit due to kan cheong, believe this fellow coz well dressed good mannered, he requested 300 deposit but i only paid him 150 on spot to secure due to good price.

But at night, i feel uncomfortable when i re-cap my meeting with him, he did not draw layout on the wall for reference, do not know where the layout for circuit, not even bothered to take my floor plan away with him , lastly face changed when i told him no 300,face quickly become ok and he accepted the deposit. When i ask him thursday rewiring , he did not reply as though he is thinking of something. i asked again then he nodded.

i checked the ACRA at night and realised he did not filed tax return for his company for 2009 and 2010, between Feb, April, Aug 2011 changed company address, worst not compliances his company got red cross, definitely he got summon one , all this indiciated mean his finance is not stable , and neither his work will be good.

As i got contact from wojia, i checked Zenterra online, green tick, which mean stable company. i dropped by today, met Mr Lye, price is better than my previous contractor, scheduled this thur for rewiring.

As for my 150, he had the cheek to say i need to pay him 100 for transport and quotation, pls he did not draw anything, i do not know if he will bank transfer the balance to me, BUT i know i lost 150 for my laziness to look for another option.

Lesson learnt:-

i) well dressed good manner does not mean anything

ii) Get a quotation from him, black and white, breakdown; signed then pay deposit;

iii)be alert and observe the contractor, action and knowledge can tell alot of stories.

iv) Check company name online with ACRA, if green tick, no problem, red cross big problem, dash - mean neutral

v) go to his company to check and observe

Edited by Nellynutt

Yeah i've tried to look around in HDB website, but i was thinking rather than randomly picking few of those, it will be better to go with a recommended electrician here.

Do you have anybody to recommend?

Hi "Eeneyminey", u can try ks lighting, their price quite reasonable n most important the electrician is knowledgeable n experience.hope it help.

i learnt my lesson hard way, pay deposit due to kan cheong, believe this fellow coz well dressed good mannered, he requested 300 deposit but i only paid him 150 on spot to secure due to good price.

But at night, i feel uncomfortable when i re-cap my meeting with him, he did not draw layout on the wall for reference, do not know where the layout for circuit, not even bothered to take my floor plan away with him , lastly face changed when i told him no 300,face quickly become ok and he accepted the deposit. When i ask him thursday rewiring , he did not reply as though he is thinking of something. i asked again then he nodded.

i checked the ACRA at night and realised he did not filed tax return for his company for 2009 and 2010, between Feb, April, Aug 2011 changed company address, worst not compliances his company got red cross, definitely he got summon one , all this indiciated mean his finance is not stable , and neither his work will be good.

As i got contact from wojia, i checked Zenterra online, green tick, which mean stable company. i dropped by today, met Mr Lye, price is better than my previous contractor, scheduled this thur for rewiring.

As for my 150, he had the cheek to say i need to pay him 100 for transport and quotation, pls he did not draw anything, i do not know if he will bank transfer the balance to me, BUT i know i lost 150 for my laziness to look for another option.

ii) Get a quotation from him, black and white, breakdown; signed then pay deposit;

iii)be alert and observe the contractor, action and knowledge can tell alot of stories.

iv) Check company name online with ACRA, if green tick, no problem, red cross big problem, dash - mean neutral

Hi glad u managed to engage ZenterrA as when I met mr lye yesterday to purchase lightings, he told me too busy to accept any more jobs. Right choice to engage them. Lightings are comparatively cheaper n free installation provided.

Highly recommend ZenterrA .

Hi glad u managed to engage ZenterrA as when I met mr lye yesterday to purchase lightings, he told me too busy to accept any more jobs. Right choice to engage them. Lightings are comparatively cheaper n free installation provided.

Highly recommend ZenterrA .

Thank you again

Hi Wojia

U manage to contact Sebrastian. Which number did you call? I want the refund also.

My new electrian had solve most of my problem. Now only left the opennet wire which has no idea where it link to and don't know whether did Sebrastian connect the wire mah. Haiz... Think might wait the the opennet come and check liao. Also waiting for my electrician to set up my AV system for me but they didn't turn up today. :(

Hi,

He actually called me on Thursday to apologise after my negative review on him on Wednesday .

Sent him a MSG tht I wiouls report him if he fails to refund.

Only number I have 90353559.

Good luck

Hi "Eeneyminey", u can try ks lighting, their price quite reasonable n most important the electrician is knowledgeable n experience.hope it help.

hi fanyong7980,

Do you have any contacts or recomended person in KS lighting? Pls PM me if you do.

Many thanks in advance..

So sad to hear this.. But this is exactly what i worry about. I was thinking, even those people who give proper quotation can scam people off, wad about people who doesnt even give any quotation at all?!

Unfortunately, my hubby seems to have the opp thoughts, he was thinking to have quotation or not is not the main thing, as long as they look experienced and honest.

in some way it's true, but all these can be just mere act. The electrician quoted us 1.5k for the whole 5rms rewiring. It's cheap if compared to another electrician recommended by my ID, but if it's a scam, then we lost 1.5k which is alot to us alrd.

hi fanyong7980,

Do you have any contacts or recomended person in KS lighting? Pls PM me if you do.

Many thanks in advance..

Hi "eeneyminey",

You may look for Mr Francis @ 6285 8242, he own a ema license,you can go into Ema website n do a quick check. They also own a lighting shop but selection is quite limited.

For my opinion,its always better to engage someone service with at least a shop...don't take risk as I dont see it's cheaper too.

Find someone we feel confident,comfortable n knowledgeable becos we need to liase with him for sometime.hope it help.