Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lala81

Our 温馨 5-Room 小狗窝

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

thx.. that is a gd price to spend.. does ur quote include electrical work?

Hmm certain number of lighting points are included in the quote. Additional have to pay extra. If u have downlights then u will exceed.

Also the resiting of electrical sockets are also charged as per outlet. I changed quite a number so i'm guessing these will come out in the variation orders...

Moved into my house on saturday. Very very tiring saturday. Basically spent my whole day cleaning and waiting for deliveries.

Not much photos to update currently, cos the house is a mess. empty boxes everywhere.

On Saturday,

a) Gain City delivered my LG TV for living room. However, they neglected to inform the LG agent to come install the wall mount for me.

Ended up waiting for the LG agent until 7pm before calling GC. Now wall mount is postponed until friday.

Anyway no starhub currently. So nevermind lor. I went down to SH Nex on friday 4pm after work to apply for Hub package. But ... ... waiting time of 3 hrs turned me away. Applied online on monday, until now no sound ...

b) Dining table and chairs delivered by honmage and Comfort Design respectively.

Dining table top darker than expected but just nice exact same tone as my chair. So still match.

c) Beds also delivered

While waiting for my photos to u/l into photobucket. I will take the opportunity to discuss about my ID, Mr B in detail.

Mr B's secret identity is Byron from Heavenly Homespace. Contact number is per my signature.

His office is very near Tai Seng MRT at 76 Playfair road. Can walk from MRT. The building along the main road before Lush if you guys know where Lush is.

Like i mentioned earlier, i chose Byron because he's closer to our age and can communicate well with both me and my wife.

Byron looks really young. But he's 5-6 years older than me! :o He's also a father. So if u are into child proofing, he will point out some stuff along the way.

Despite his youthful looks, he does have quite a lot of experience in the industry.

He has a good temper. Good EQ.

He's comfortable in mandarin, english and hokkien. I mean you don't have to change your requests to mandarin when like speaking to some of the other contractors or subcon. I speak english to him 70% of the time and he can understand what you're saying with minimal repeating. Some contractors or ID will just assume he understands what u are saying. I like that byron doesn't assume, cos as we all know assumptions are the mother of all f-ups.

He's punctual. Will update you even if 15 mins difference.

Ideas wise i would say i can't comment much because I'm very practical and conventional. Byron will tailor to your personality. If u want something striking he will go along. He makes practical suggestions along the way.

He's quite good with color complementing as well. As i mentioned earlier, he recommended the colors for laminate, SS etc. Most of the time we gone with his suggestion. I would say definitely helps a lot in the process. If i selected my laminates blindly, i think it would have turned out really boring or a disaster :lol:

His 3D images take a while to come out, but it wasn't really a big deal for me.

He doesn't really go shopping with you or what. other than tiles. So he's not those atas type of ID. But good enough for most people bah.

Along the renovation, i have to say i don't bother him too much. Though I'm a first timer, i read RT extensively for months. Variations were accomodated easily (within reason).

I learnt though that you should stand firm on what exactly you want. Sometimes if u want something, ID and subcon say not really good. Do consider but if your instincts tell u u need it done that way. My suggestion would be to follow your instincts and make ur ID/subcon execute it.

Of course there are some small things u will have to remind him along the way. But in general, his memory is good. i would say 90% of the things he would remember. And he never forgets the big stuff. Only some of the minor points.

I communicate mostly whatsapp with him. Big things he need to clarify will call you.

He doesn't give daily update over photos but i guess he do so occasionally if u want.

Payment wise, standard payment. He's not pushy about this.

Cost wise, i would say standard ID lor. Can't compare with general contractor.

His variation orders were reasonable i felt. Nothing excessive.

Work mostly completed in 6 weeks. Could have been 5 but because of my delay in getting the lights. Well within the schedule i set out.

On last Tuesday, I paid him the final payment even though there were some minor outstanding carpentry rectification.

I guess there's the ultimate mark of trust bah. payment in full first even though got some left minor left over works to be completed.

In short, we are satisfied with the work he's provided even though i know ID costs more than contractor. I not so boh liao to do free online advertisement for other people. :sport-smiley-004:

Want to give a thumbs up to Fedrick, the window and grille contractor too.

The sliding windows felt overly stiff after installation. He came back to check that they were ok.

Then a window grille lock was spoilt, he got his worker to come down and change it. Good follow up service! :good:

The clocks ... These clocks are really silent. Look really pretty too. Good buy from Taobao. Hope they last...

Clock on my MBR feature wall

DSC_0527.jpg

In the kitchen,

DSC_0526.jpg

My daughter's room

DSC_0524.jpg

The living room one, which is my favourite...

DSC_0523.jpg

hi, the clocks from taobao looks very nice. Your renovation is so fast! haha! mine is close to three months and counting! :~

congrats on moving in!

My beds. Airland

MBR King size

IMG-20131130-WA0009.jpg

Bedroom 3 Super single

IMG-20131130-WA0013.jpg

Hi, lala81 I simply love you master room king bed with mattress can you kindly PM where and how much you bought it as I intend to change my too thank :)

On my own with help from both side's families chipping in.

Lala, did u employ professional cleaners for your house cleaning or u clean your house on your own before u move in

Hi, lala81 I simply love you master room king bed with mattress can you kindly PM where and how much you bought it as I intend to change my too thank :)

PM Sent. cheers.

Curtains are partly up. Got this from Vincent who's quite well known in RT.

Find him a friendly honest type of fella with his wife. Took about 3 weeks for delivery since it's peak period.

Bedroom 3 short curtains

DSC_0636.jpg

MBR curtains

DSC_0637.jpg

Living room curtains (vincent in picture)

IMG-20140103-WA0003.jpg

DSC_0638.jpg