DSC_0386.jpg

Suspended feature wall + cabinets + TV console for living room

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

Bedroom 3's wardrobe. Looking good.

DSC_0383.jpg

Edited by lala81

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello Lala, mind sharing how much your awesome dining table cost? :)

Awesome? haha i never described it as such leh.

$630 for 1.8m length.

Went to Comfort Design to settle on the dining table chairs.

Chairs is really a kar-chng thing.
Initially we wanted plastic as per the picture below ...

DSC_0329.jpg

However, the standard Eames feels ok, but i keep wondering if it i should just buy it from taobao for 40-50% less :bleah: Then the orange and white ones are too heavy to drag around on a daily basis. They are heavy cos of the steel frame below with 4 wooden legs.

So we decided to go look for something wooden and with a cushion. However many of the chairs seem to have cushions that are merely cloth covers of the base below. Defeats the point of getting a cushion which is more prone to food stains.

Comfort design stuff is not cheap siah... and somemore is fixed price. No discount!

But I'm kinda sick of going around shopping. And the chair is comfy with a good cushion underneath and seems fairly well made. So just pay bit more. And it seems many F&B outlets get their chairs from there. So decided just to purchase 4 of these + a tapioca stool for my MBR's dressing table.

DSC_0390.jpg

Decided not to get a computer table chair here as not much time to decide before closing. The butcher table that i want to buy as a coffee table is also OOS. So all these non essential items will leave it until reno is completed. :no:

Edited by lala81

Awesome? haha i never described it as such leh.

$630 for 1.8m length.

Haha I find it awesome la! Thanks!! The price is definitely reasonable!! :good:

Just saw the laminates for all the carpentry up after friday.

Frankly i have to admit some didn't turn out quite the way i imagined. But can't blame anyone, it's always difficult to imagine how it looks like in a big piece of laminate vs a small one.

Our living room one feature wall the laminate didn't arrive in the latest shipment, so had to make changes. That one still turned out ok though i think our original one would have been better.

Forgot to take pictures. Now looking to rectify all the small inevitable errors...

My Living Room Feature wall

DSC_0395.jpg

Sideways view of the laminate (replacement for our originally selected one)

DSC_0396.jpg

2 tone laminate for kitchen - i think it's ok. Looks better at night then in daytime.

DSC_0398.jpg

Built in oven looking good. Hope we put it to good use :thumbs up:

DSC_0399.jpg

In the final stretch of reno,

Laminate issues/defects pointed out to Mr. B.

Spoilt downlight replaced.

Plumbing and accessories installation took place today.

Tomorrow will be grille installation and city gas final connection.

Busy day yesterday.

Grilles and service yard window installation

- Fedrick recommended by RT forummers. Thanks Lawrenceke! Frankly i never met him even after the work is done. I only contacted him initially but the missus met him both for the measurements and also supervised the actual installation yesterday.

- no photos yet. Will post them up soon. Grilles and windows looking as good as they actually can be :good: Not as aesthetically damaging as i thought it would be. But safety for our kid comes 1st.

After finishing work. We went with my parents in law to Ikea Tampines.

Bought a small 1.2m tall wardrobe for my girl. A frame to store boxes of clothes or toys. Mammut blue chair, blue table. Another ikea high chair.

Trofast Frame with boxes

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/00169918/

Stuva malad storage combination

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/S39878107/#/S49887069

My wife bought this too.. gosh i thought its ten plus dollars only. yuan lai $25...

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/80243575/

Mammut chair, table and stool

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/80157997/

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/50169534/

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/80158001/

The stool is actually to place pails closer to the diverter for the common toilet shower. The HDB toilets are just too small. Until Mr. B cannot find a space to put a tap with a hose that doesn't just look out of place. So i'm going to place the stool in the common toilet shower area so that the water doesnt splash too much out when filling out pails of h20. Also when my child is bigger. Can ask her to sit on the stool during bathing time.

Was a really tiring day. Doing serious shopping and eating out with a kid in tow is just shack ...

Edited by lala81

Having some minor hiccups.

While drilling the screw to attach the songcho toiletries rack into one of the feature tiles into the MBR toilet, the glass of the feature tiles cracked. May have to get it replaced and reattach my toiletries rack elsewhere.

Some minor touchups here and there.

We are generally quite understanding customers. So some minor inner vinyl issues, we don't make a fuss out of it. Afterall the carpenters are human.

Some of the groutings need touchups here and there as well.

Happy with the toilet accessories and taps that i've bought though.

Common Toilet

DSC_0446.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0448.jpg

This is a photo of my ceiling speakers from amazon.

DSC_0463.jpg

My MBR rainshower! Something that i had to alter the pipes to be exposed for. Definitely seems worth the while though i haven't taken my virgin shower there yet hehe

DSC_0449.jpg

Marble basin with tall tap. :wub::wub: Slightly more luxurious touch in an otherwise drab toilet.

DSC_0451.jpg