Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lala81

Our 温馨 5-Room 小狗窝

Hacking done. Just removal of the wall and to be rebuilt in a half glass wall with glass door. Can see the light entering where the kitchen used to be dark.

DSC_0306.jpg

On another note, for those getting their BTOs. Check everything and get all the faults listed with the BSC people before renovation starts. We already found some hollow tiles which we submitted the defect list. Tuesday morning, Mr B noticed 2 cracked tiles which me and my wife missed (dunno how) but hacking was still done. Had some problems getting the BSC people to acknowledge that the defect was already there :curse:Lesson learnt :deal:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Received my in-ceiling rear speakers from amazon. Cheap speakers so don't expect much. Going to be mounted in my false ceiling.

DSC_0309.jpg

On thursday, met up with Mr B and the electricial guys to decide final electrical layout of the house.

Same morning, air con guys came to do 1st trip installation of piping.

Another lesson learnt. I had originally booked the GC aircon installation in June. In the invoice, not specified for 2 trips. I always assumed that AC installation was over 2 trips. But apparently it's not. Had to top up another $85 for a 2nd trip ... since not in the invoice, can't argue my way out :no: 2 trips are required as Mr B wants to box up the trunking...

AC pipe installation

IMG-20131003-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20131003-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20131003-WA0000.jpg

Downlight lighting points!

IMG-20131003-WA0002.jpg

Bought some things over the last 3 days with Gain City and Jerome aka Zero@Renotalk.

Bought washer, dryer and LG fridge from Gain City.

Bosch 24360 (actually photo is that of 20360. But only difference is maximum spin speed) - extended warranty with GC

washer.jpg

Bosch dryer 74101

dryer.jpg

Bought Rinnai 2 burner glass hob and Fujioh FX900 from Jerome. Price in SG really unbeatable! :good:

Also bought a bosch oven from him. Also best price i've seen (without additional bargaining)

oven.jpg

Edited by lala81

This is the fridge we bought.

Originally had our eyes set on Mitsubishi MRF62C Stainless steel. Originally i only wanted a 51C but it's less efficient then it should be. Only 3 ticks vs 4 which more or less is the norm now. Then the 55C was somehow wider but shorter. I'm 6 feet tall. So i wanted a fridge almost as tall as me. So i just chose the 62C thinking it's exactly the same as the rest. Just before confirming the invoice, the sales rep told me that remember to remove the water from a bottom panel every month ?? He showed me how it was done. So leh cheh!!!Somehow it's a quirk particular to that model. Thankfully he pointed it out. He said most sales rep often don't mention it cos it's a major turnoff :bleah:

So he showed us the alternatives of taller fridges which suited my requirement

- Hitachi which the bigger model is ugly (we originally considered it vs the mitsubishi). Aesthetics wise fail.

- then LG which he said spec wise is most value for money.

- Samsung more expensive so out.

LG562GSH

fridge.jpg

Although I'm not impressed by how the cubby holes on the door side are arranged. Why would i want to put my big 1.5L drinks up top and the small stuff down at the lower side??

It also doesn't look as nice as in the picture. The SS is more of a shiny SS while i prefer matt.

But can't argue with the price in the end ;)

Edited by lala81

Lala. U r very fast. Maybe u move in earlier than me

i'm not in a rush to move in. wait until everyone finish reno already. or else dam dusty and noisy.

Looking for a lower end 55" LED TV from either LG/Samsung.

LG is cheaper than Samsung.

From LG, the lowest end model is 6200 followed by 6620.

The 6200 model is too thick cos of direct LED technology. Preferred edge LED technology as it resulted in a slimmer tv.

http://www.lg.com/sg/tvs/lg-55LA6620

Was at gain city buying my washer/dryer last week and saw 6620's price at $2199 with some useless free gift.

Tried to shop for a better price over last few days, went to Courts, Mega Discount looking for something cheaper.

MEGA was offering $2299. They had a pretty good offer for Samsung F6300 (non 3d) at $2399. So was considering it for a while.

Courts pricing not even close, $2599 but with extended warranty and $200 vouchers.

Finally went back to GC yesterday to buy at $2199. Ha and the newest price (supposedly due to overstock) is $1899!

:dancingqueen: Bought 1st to take advantage of manhattan card cashback.

Also bought a LG 3D blu ray player. GC's price was $125. but i showed them a photo of Mega's $99 offer. So they managed to match the price for me.

Have to say that GC (if u do your homework) is the bigger retailer that can fulfill most of your appliances needs! :thumbs up:

I am looking at 60LA7410

Looks good. any freebies? what's the price.

looks exactly the same as 6620 externally.

Edited by lala81

Anyway looking to change my WC ...

I had diarrhoea when i was visiting the site earlier this week.

To leave out the yucky details, I'm totally not impressed with the flushing action of the clayton WC. I felt some water splashing out as well... :jawdrop::bleah::bleah::bleah:

YUCKS!

To leave out the yucky details, I'm totally not impressed with the flushing action of the clayton WC. I felt some water splashing out as well... :jawdrop::bleah::bleah::bleah:

YUCKS!

Useful input. Was contemplating with Clayton, now totally " flush" away.

Guess have to settle with a ToTo.

YUCKS!

See ? Told u liao. Happened to my previous toilet bowl. 1 way to prevent splashing is to throw more toilet paper inside.