Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lala81

Our 温馨 5-Room 小狗窝

See ? Told u liao. Happened to my previous toilet bowl. 1 way to prevent splashing is to throw more toilet paper inside.

macuser u using what brand now?

I'm considering Johnson Suisse or the ok & cheap china-made brand Saniton (my parents and my workplace using it).

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Is your WC the original HDB one?

yes original one is clayton. haha but i don't see anyone changing it on the estate FB page. So only i'm the anal one :dunno:

Edited by lala81

I wan to change but wife say save money. Haha

Haha it's ok lah. most people can live with it. no one complained on FB page.

only i fussypot.

I'm considering Johnson Suisse or the ok & cheap china-made brand Saniton (my parents and my workplace using it).

Saniton seems fine as well. HDB uses this in some houses as well.

Where to get Johnson? Any price reference?

Saniton seems fine as well. HDB uses this in some houses as well.

Where to get Johnson? Any price reference?

i haven't had time to look or anything. Only place i know with both these brands being sold is Universal union. Saw on their website.

Ok update about WC

Went down on friday to check if the water does splash out. Yes it does. I dunno if a seat could have prevented it (blocking the water from spraying out) but ultimately i don't really want to know :bleah:

Drove long way down to geylang Universal Union and went to look at WC. go there really gablar, all look and seem the same. Sales girl recommended Macclaire with geberit inside (lol with a Intel inside lookalike sticker). Seeing no way to differentiate the WCs. Finally chose to go for the macclaire x 2 (one of most popular models according to salesgirl).

Got the bigger one since it flushes with more water (don't really want to save the earth when it comes to WC ... :ph34r: )

Bought 2 toilet roll holders and a row of clothes hook.

I liked the shops there at geylang. Universal union sells a range of products from cheaper to higher end (grohe etc). Some of the products seem quite well made compared to the other bathroom accessory shops i've been to. I don't really like going to shops where everything looks like it's found in some neighbourhood wu jing shop. Compared to Jalan Besar, i think it is a nicer place to shop.

Edited by lala81

Update, here are some pictures from my site visit yesterday. Met the tiler uncle who's doing the tiles...

Not sure if posted before. This is the tile selection for the wall of my kitchen (exposed areas).

DSC_0298.jpg

Rebuilding of the hacked wall for tempered glass half wall + glass door

DSC_0320.jpg

Opposite side of above wall

DSC_0321.jpg

Concrete sink support with sink up

DSC_0318.jpg

Service yard base for washing machine.

DSC_0316.jpg

Shower curb with tiles done up.

DSC_0319.jpg

False ceiling panels

IMG-20131012-WA0002.jpg

Color schemes for Bedroom 3

IMG-20131011-WA0006.jpg

Color scheme for MBR

IMG-20131011-WA0001.jpg

Laminate choices were a compromise between me and missus.

Missus likes metallic and industrial. I like woody and natural. So our choices are something in between!

Edited by lala81

Can you share a picture of your toilet bowl? Sounds so weird. Lol.

How did you manage to get the approval from HDB to change the toilet bowl? I heard this is not allowed for BTO HDBs for the first 3 years.

Can you share a picture of your toilet bowl? Sounds so weird. Lol.

How did you manage to get the approval from HDB to change the toilet bowl? I heard this is not allowed for BTO HDBs for the first 3 years.

Honestly i didn't consider if it voids waterproofing. But i don't think so. The sewage pipe extends up from the floor. The thing is just mounted on top.

I just asked Mr. B. He said no, changing it is fine.

The photos i showed of the toilet is the clayton WC. from my searching on the web, i think it's clayton lyra series.

Heh, i feel vindicated. someone else just took a poop in the toilet and said it took 2 flushes to remove the stool! :jammin: So it just sucks ...

I took 2 tries to flush down toilet paper that day even though the water coming out was not like reduced for water efficiency.

Edited by lala81

Yucks. I can't stand dirty toilet bowls. If it doesn't flush well, it falls on the person cleaning it to scrub the remnants off. It's a horrible experience. That's why the flushing power is very vital.

I was looking at some Toto bowls though. I heard their tornado flushing system is very effective.

Yucks. I can't stand dirty toilet bowls. If it doesn't flush well, it falls on the person cleaning it to scrub the remnants off. It's a horrible experience. That's why the flushing power is very vital.

I was looking at some Toto bowls though. I heard their tornado flushing system is very effective.

Fullsun @ Jalan besar is the shop apparently can see the way they flush?

Toto out of my self imposed budget ... They are pretty expensive right?

Edited by lala81