Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lala81

Our 温馨 5-Room 小狗窝

Haha it's ok lah. most people can live with it. no one complained on FB page.

only i fussypot.

Hi lala,

Sorry for the late reply.

No la you're not the only fussy pot. My wife and I can be fussy too when comes to such quality.

Anyway back to the flushing issue....

- toilet seat /cover can prevent those sai water from splashing out when u flush, however the seat/cover will kana also lor. So back to square 1 haha.

- yeah I also needed 2 flushes when I do big business in my old Clayton . And the flush doesn't really wash the water down. I can see the flushed water floating up again every time I flush.

And we're currently using Bravat toilet bowls. Half flush is strong enough to clear my business.

Good luck in your hunt !!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yucks. I can't stand dirty toilet bowls. If it doesn't flush well, it falls on the person cleaning it to scrub the remnants off. It's a horrible experience. That's why the flushing power is very vital.

I was looking at some Toto bowls though. I heard their tornado flushing system is very effective.

Hi gryfindor.

Toto doesn't use syphonic (tornado) flush anymore for their new models. The only 1 that uses tornado is the old model, which looks very retro la if you don't mind.

Edited by macuser77

Fullsun @ Jalan besar is the shop apparently can see the way they flush?

Toto out of my self imposed budget ... They are pretty expensive right?

Eh sometimes cannot really trust 100%.

They may adjust the water pressure/amount of water etc here and there to create the perfect flush for every toilet bowl.

Went Comfort Furniture on Saturday looking for stools and chairs. Anyone else got suggestions on where to try various types of chairs?

I don't believe in buying off internet for something so butt sensitive :notti:

Thinking of getting this for MBR dressing table

DSC_0322.jpg

Usual Eames and Eames-like chair. Our preference so far is for the orange one in terms of comfort and stability though it's pretty heavy. But that's cos it has a metal frame in which all the pegs are inserted. more sturdy compared to normal eames ...

Eames is cheap though on taobao :dunno:

DSC_0329.jpg

Another option. PVC leather covered chair. Pretty comfortable as well. But price w/o bargaining is $100 more than the former :idea:

DSC_0323.jpg

Saw a butcher table which looked quite good to me. It seems to be only in 1.2m or 2.4m. So i may have to settle for it being a coffee table :idea:

Toto out of my self imposed budget ... They are pretty expensive right?

tfvp.jpg

This Toto is priced at SGD500++ after discount. 2 piece WC.

Sometimes something got to give, no doubt one pc looks more sleek but after all we are not hugging it to sleep.

I will rather sacrifice aesthetic and minimise the hole in my pocket.

Usual Eames and Eames-like chair. Our preference so far is for the orange one in terms of comfort and stability though it's pretty heavy. But that's cos it has a metal frame in which all the pegs are inserted. more sturdy compared to normal eames ...

Eames is cheap though on taobao :dunno:

DSC_0329.jpg

Eames....Yes....

Am actually eyeing this.

bkdk.jpg

Ha I'm not into recliners fortunately. If i want to relax i just lie down on the chaise. Nuah to the max! :)

Lots of replicas. Go around and see which one u like best. Unless u wan the original ... :notti:

Am actually eyeing this.

bkdk.jpg

Edited by lala81

Wah 500+ ...

My macclaire was about $330 each after GST. Hopefully turns out good...

Yeah WC i definitely won't spend $500+ each...

This Toto is priced at SGD500++ after discount. 2 piece WC.

Sometimes something got to give, no doubt one pc looks more sleek but after all we are not hugging it to sleep.
I will rather sacrifice aesthetic and minimise the hole in my pocket.

BSC contractor has repaired the cracked tiles.

The hollow sounding tiles that were found are all at the corners. BSC contractor advice is that changing these tiles may damage the surrounding tiles and the skirting and that it's ok to have hollow tiles at the corners... Although it sounds like dodgy reasoning but we checked with Mr. B and Mr B's tiler. They say no real need to change. Since all 3 industry people say same thing, we follow what they say lor :dunno:

False ceiling is up!

And the painters have started work. ​Wash & Wear Bluebell white for MBR. Pink for baby's room. White pearl for rest of the house.

Going to paint the stupid brown skirting. Based on conventional logic, the skirting follows the tiles or the wall. But this BTO give me brown (Mr. B says they are trying to match the doors :unsure: probably). Since painting it with another paint will make it look metallic like (not recommended by Mr. B). Best option is to just cover it up with Wash & Wear. Though Mr B says over years if contact with water from mopping or floor cleaning, the edges will fade off also.

But since it's such an eyesore to me at least, i will just paint it over.

Pictures of false ceiling... really thin! 10cm since i using LED lights. Still waiting for my downlights to be shipped over from china. Already reached Peeka's forwarder's warehouse. Comes up to 25 sgd each. not as cheap as expected cos i was expecting 23+ each. But still significantly cheaper than SG. can't complain.

Living Room false ceiling

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0335.jpg

The thickness. 10cm. Really hardly noticeable unless u know the dimensions well.

DSC_0337.jpg

MBR false ceiling

DSC_0333.jpg

Kinda high price to pay just for down lights in MBR.

sorry? don't understand what u mean.

sure it's quite extravagant to build a false ceiling just for 4 -5 down lights. But if u have multiple downlights. u will realise the benefit when ur kid is sleeping with u. essentially it will serve the purpose of a very expensive night light lol :lol: Dark enough for kid to sleep but still bright enough to do your own stuff after they zzz

I've lived 32 years with standard ceiling flourescent light. think its time for a change. frankly flourescent light makes everything look like **** especially if u take photos. lol

Edited by lala81

sorry? don't understand what u mean.

sure it's quite extravagant to build a false ceiling just for 4 -5 down lights. But if u have multiple downlights. u will realise the benefit when ur kid is sleeping with u. essentially it will serve the purpose of a very expensive night light lol :lol:

I've lived 32 years with standard ceiling flourescent light. think its time for a change. frankly flourescent light makes everything look like **** especially if u take photos. lol

Actually, I agree with lala81 here.

We are using downlights for EVERY room, not just the MBR and the living room. Naturally, this facilitates a need for a false ceiling in every single room.

I guess it boils down to whether you 'ai sui or ai lui' hahahahhahaha

Actually, I agree with lala81 here.

We are using downlights for EVERY room, not just the MBR and the living room. Naturally, this facilitates a need for a false ceiling in every single room.

I guess it boils down to whether you 'ai sui or ai lui' hahahahhahaha

i only living/dining + MBR. rest of rooms still using conventional ceiling light. haha u more "ai sui" than me :good: