Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
octave

Utilities Bill Who To Bear During Reconstructing

Just curious during the couple of months during reconstructing owner or builder food the bill.

My concern is the bill went sky high how to justified.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just curious during the couple of months during reconstructing owner or builder food the bill.

My concern is the bill went sky high how to justified.

Builder but take note actually that has been factored into the quotation; i.e. you are the one that's ultimately paying.

Utilities such as electricity, water, etc should be priced by the builder under sub items in the Preliminaries section of the contract documents. Builders will claim the amount accordingly (ie: if builder price $1,000.00 under Temporary Utilities for a 10 months project, then the builder will only be allow payment of $100 per month).

Upon getting keys to new place, don't need to connect SP services electricity and water.

Appoint builder, builder will apply renovation temporary power and water themselves therefore builder pay.

Prob 75% into completion, SP services will come and connect power and water, in this case under owner's account. For my place, the bill never crossed $30 so I just paid and this was only for 4-5months so close 1 eye although builder say he will reimburse me.

At this point of them, contact Starhub and Singtel ESP Singtel because their waiting time is horrible! Anyway, don't need to pay until the service is activated.

Just to clarify. Your project is renovation of flat, not construction of landed property?

Upon getting keys to new place, don't need to connect SP services electricity and water.
Appoint builder, builder will apply renovation temporary power and water themselves therefore builder pay.
Prob 75% into completion, SP services will come and connect power and water, in this case under owner's account. For my place, the bill never crossed $30 so I just paid and this was only for 4-5months so close 1 eye although builder say he will reimburse me.
At this point of them, contact Starhub and Singtel ESP Singtel because their waiting time is horrible! Anyway, don't need to pay until the service is activated.