Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shorty

Where To Start

Hi Gurus here,

I am about to renovate a resale 3 room flat. Can someone guide me on where to start. An ID and a contractor, any different? Must I sent the floor plan to many company for quotations? Although I am doing a lot of research recently, but Renotalk is always the first place to seek infos.

Any kind people, please do guide me. TIA

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

you might want to look for ID firms to help you in the designing. Some id do runs the whole project for you.

You dont need to go to alot of ID firms , may be 2 or 3 ID. Most important is get the ID you can connect with.

removed

Edited by admin
pgm iv, please note that unauthorized soliciting of own renovation business is disallowed as we need to regulate licensed contractors.

if u already know what u need to do, u can just find contractor and give them the list. This is what I do for my own.

i am planning to do it this way too! which contractor you used? prefer all in one.. if not have to source for different contractors for different works **headache**

i am planning to do it this way too! which contractor you used? prefer all in one.. if not have to source for different contractors for different works **headache**

I thought of that too. And thought wouldn't be paying too much for main contractor (since no fancy 3D or anything).

But turned out ... it is as high as what ID firms quoted. :(

Can any bro or sis share their experiences of doing reno without 1 main co-ordinator i.e. everything ga gi lai?

removed

Edited by admin
pgm iv, please note that unauthorized soliciting of own renovation business is disallowed as we need to regulate licensed contractors.

Hi shorty,

agreed with the forumers, just try approaching some id firms or renovator. By talking to them, you will also have a clearer view on what you want, what can or cannot be done etc. From then on will be the selection process and all.

Hope this helps. I've pmed you as well.

Cheers,

mikey

Greetings, there are a few things you can start with it.

1. What theme and style of the house do you want to be done. (read some magazines and see from internet for some realistic ideas)

2. Source for quotation from IDs and contractors. Remember to always source for at least 5 quotations.

(Different between them is the price. There are good IDs and there are good contractors too. Of course depending on your budget and luck.) As some of them after the owner had sign the contract theirs personality will change. Delay is their best excuse.)

3. Look around for electrical products, all the rest of accessories needed for your house. Get some ideas. (If you are able to get all from one shop try to get further discount. eg. all electronic products from one shop.) ***take note on the measurements of the sink, hood and hob as the kitchen cabinet need to be customize.)

4. Furniture wise depending on wherethe you want it to be fixture or buy off the shelf.

Hi Gurus here,

I am about to renovate a resale 3 room flat. Can someone guide me on where to start. An ID and a contractor, any different? Must I sent the floor plan to many company for quotations? Although I am doing a lot of research recently, but Renotalk is always the first place to seek infos.

Any kind people, please do guide me. TIA