Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue218

The Move To North Eastern Town

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We have a preference for unique layout houses even if furnishing the place is a challenge. :sport-smiley-003: Here's a comparison between my existing apartment in Sembawang and Hougang.

2hse_compare.jpg

Edited by blue218

Those keyword are reflective of part of my design philosophy for my flat : SPACE , STORAGE , BRIGHT.

Happy renovation. !!

Thank you. Saw your completed house at retchlow blog. Very unique layout and nice reno! :)

Edited by blue218

Today my ID sent me the quotes for electrical work. Here's the pricing, seems reasonable to me. Any comments?

Single Socket Conceal per point - $75

Double Socket Conceal per point - $95

Lighting Switch Conceal per point - $50

Looping Lighting per point - $28

Heater Point Conceal - $130

Telephone Point Conceal - $90

Cat 6 Conceal Per Point - $160

Bought Starmex 3-in-1 (28k compressor, 12k, 9k, 9k) for the rooms, and a Starmex 2-in-1 (28k compressor, 18k, 9k) for the dining and hall. Got a very good deal at Hong Huat Electrical.

aircon1.jpg

Today my ID sent me the quotes for electrical work. Here's the pricing, seems reasonable to me. Any comments?

Single Socket Conceal per point - $75

Double Socket Conceal per point - $95

Lighting Switch Conceal per point - $50

Looping Lighting per point - $28

Heater Point Conceal - $130

Telephone Point Conceal - $90

Cat 6 Conceal Per Point - $160

My quote was $55 for single gang. $75 for double gang.

Light point $35 + $12 for installation of light.

But this is for BTO ammending or adding extra points.

Cat 6/telephone point sama sama.

For condo from same ID, my friend was quoted $80 (single), $95 (double) also.

But i guess u can negotiate for lump sump for all your electricals.

Edited by lala81

My quote was $55 for single gang. $75 for double gang.

Light point $35 + $12 for installation of light.

But this is for BTO ammending or adding extra points.

Cat 6/telephone point sama sama.

For condo from same ID, my friend was quoted $80 (single), $95 (double) also.

But i guess u can negotiate for lump sump for all your electricals.

Thanks for the info. I guess they probably thinks that those who stay in condo are rich. :(

I will try to negotiate a lump sum package with my ID.

You could try and work out a lighting, power socket, internet, tv point plan for yourself first and see how much it comes up to based on the unitised cost. That will give you an idea what to aim for the lump sum negotiation. You should target at least 30% off.

There is a big difference between using normal ceiling light vs downlight/cove light cost. The latter is much more costly as there are many many lighting points to be installed. But it is a lot nicer, and allows ceiling fans to be used.

Also, some of the IDs and their lighting electricians charge per cove tube, as 1 lighting point, which is a massive rip off. Under a per unit plan, you will find yourself cutting light points/power points to save cost, and can be quite unsatisfactory when it comes to actual usage. It is also not something that you can easily fix after renovation, unlike built-in wardrobes / cabinets which could still be added post-renovation.

Contractors who can offer lump sum for electricals should be one of the main considerations for selection, in my opinion.

You could try and work out a lighting, power socket, internet, tv point plan for yourself first and see how much it comes up to based on the unitised cost. That will give you an idea what to aim for the lump sum negotiation. You should target at least 30% off.

There is a big difference between using normal ceiling light vs downlight/cove light cost. The latter is much more costly as there are many many lighting points to be installed. But it is a lot nicer, and allows ceiling fans to be used.

Also, some of the IDs and their lighting electricians charge per cove tube, as 1 lighting point, which is a massive rip off. Under a per unit plan, you will find yourself cutting light points/power points to save cost, and can be quite unsatisfactory when it comes to actual usage. It is also not something that you can easily fix after renovation, unlike built-in wardrobes / cabinets which could still be added post-renovation.

Contractors who can offer lump sum for electricals should be one of the main considerations for selection, in my opinion.

Thanks for the advise! :good:

Over on the weekend when I went over, the house has been completely hacked. The debris were packed and ready to clear.

hacked_ready2go.jpg

On Monday, the tiles and sands were delivered.

tiles_delivered1.jpg

tiles_delivered2.jpg

Packets of sand for the tiling work.

sands.jpg

Yesterday, the plumber installed the concealed shower mixer. The tiler then cemented the wall and covered up the pipings.

mixer_installed.jpg

Mixer_Concealed.jpg

Edited by blue218

The air-con was delivered and installed yesterday. It was my fault not to have checked with my ID clearly to confirm the installation. My ID actually told me to get the installer to install the drainage pipes first so that it can be concealed. But I thought that he had wanted me to get the guys to start installing the air-con. Anyway, the installer is a friendly guy and he told me not to worried. He will cover up the FCU after the installation.

aircon_installing.jpg

I have got an excellent deal for my Starmex 3-in-1 and 2-in-1from Tim at Hong Huat Electrical. Do check with him if you need to!

Tim is very professional, he calculated the BTU needed for my rooms. So I have 12k unit for my master bedrooms, and 2 x 9K for common room with a 28k compressor. For my hall, I have got an 18k unit and 9k unit for the dining with a 28k compressor.

So much for all the ugly hacking photos.

My ID has finalised the design based on our objective - BRIGHT, STORAGE and SPACE! Here's the 3D that we have signed off.

Living Room

3D-hall.jpg

Dining

3D-Dining%20hall_re.jpg

Kitchen

3D-Kitchen_re.jpg

Master Bathroom

3D-masterbath.jpg

Common Bathroom

3D-CommonBath.jpg