Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
plainsharon

So Far So Good At Foliage [4-Room]

With the bed.. Will ur mbr be cramped?

I think my image did not show the other side of the room :) , our room does not seems too cramp w the bed in the room. Ours is a Queen Bed. As our Waredrobe have used the space in Bedroom 2 thus more space shld be in the MBR. :rolleyes: There is another bedside table at the other side of the room .

Our bed will fit in nicely in between the socket and there will be some space at the right hand side to place another small dresser. :rolleyes:

1456508_10152509179504546_2135002900_n.j

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi plainsharon,

Good to see that your renos are going to be completed soon! Btw I also ended up choosing durban oak HERF from Evorich. How satisfied are you with the colour choice? We were initially thinking of going for the aspen black oak but backed out because we felt it might be too dark.

Also, is there any particular reason why you chose not to take up skirting from Evorich? I'm still deliberating on whether we should get it from them because they mentioned that it will not be the same material or even exact same colour as the HERF material, since they are using MDF for the skirting. A bit concerned that the difference in colour will look ugly!

Hi plainsharon,

Good to see that your renos are going to be completed soon! Btw I also ended up choosing durban oak HERF from Evorich. How satisfied are you with the colour choice? We were initially thinking of going for the aspen black oak but backed out because we felt it might be too dark.

Also, is there any particular reason why you chose not to take up skirting from Evorich? I'm still deliberating on whether we should get it from them because they mentioned that it will not be the same material or even exact same colour as the HERF material, since they are using MDF for the skirting. A bit concerned that the difference in colour will look ugly!

Thanks~ We selected the colour in Aug and went down to re-confirmed the colour in Nov, now that it is End of Dec, its been a month since we chose the colour the colour looks somewhat the same as what we selected. The one which we have selected is from one of the planks which they display thus it still seems abit different when it is being layout in the whole room. :)

But were pretty satisfy that Durban oak were not too dark and most imptly must pick the right colour tone of laminate for the carpentry to match with the flooring as well. We took consideration of the flooring colours to make decision on the laminates for the rooms. :)

The reason why we did not take skirting is because we find no skirting to be nicer. The skirting spoil the look however, people did mentioned that skirting will prevent the bottom of the walls to be dirty easily when mopping. We did not consider about the material or whatsoever as we did not want skirting from the start. :lol:

As for the picking of colour, same for the laminates, have to pick a skirting colour which will best match the flooring. :) For my WIW's laminate matching is somewhat to our ideal but the bay window in the MBR seems to be a little too contrasting. :) Maybe could pick a colour which could blend nicely. :)

Hi,

Yes, cement works is generally more expensive than the carpentry. May i know how much is the pfr cost for the cement work in the kitchen? Any idea how the tiling of the concrete will be charged?

The workmanship seem very good too. But K's quote is not cheap.

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, cement works is generally more expensive than the carpentry. May i know how much is the pfr cost for the cement work in the kitchen? Any idea how the tiling of the concrete will be charged?

The workmanship seem very good too. But K's quote is not cheap.

Thanks

K provide price based on lump sum for cement work. :) Previously was the estimated cost. For the exact pricing, it might not be useful for you as own personal requirements differential as well as measurement differences. :rolleyes:

As for K he sometimes quote lesser for this and slightly more for that. Its abit pull and push here and there.

Tiling is charge by psf and the type of tiles that you chose and the type of tile that your ID or contractor gave. :)

For my tiling we were given around $3 to chose from and we picked a $4.30psf tile. :)

Day 81

Reaching the 81st Day of Reno :

Almost reaching 3 months of renovation and there are still some pending items

1. Painting

2. Plumbering

3. Top

4. Lighting wiring and closing some electric points.

That should be about it. :good:

After carpentry completes on sunday and table top came to measure and found a wrongly cut out kitchen concrete and the concrete / tiling worker came to re-cut the concrete. :)

Now the stove is siting nicely on the concrete kitchen. Waiting for the granite top to be up. :good:

1551525_10152543526644546_1845190714_n.j

Edited by plainsharon

Nicely done up!!!

PS: a side note, your barn door is for common toilet right??? The location does not look like a MBR....

Happy New Year to all~

Can i check with you what is the walking space in your WIW? Thanks in advance :)

The walking space is 6ft. :rolleyes:

Nicely done up!!!

PS: a side note, your barn door is for common toilet right??? The location does not look like a MBR....

Thanks~ and you are right, its for common toilet. :lol: But my MBR its the same barn door too. :)