Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Missed that sticker. Ya was lazy to go and buy a leveler.....just proceeded to drill. Now my wife dun wan me to drilling in my new place.....lol. I'm still working out the details for the security camera u mentioned in ur blog. Waiting for my fibre to be up first.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If you intend to get IP cameras, Sitex 2013 (which ends today) is a good time to buy. The cameras are sold cheapest during these PC shows. Price will revert to normal after the shows. Or you can wait till IT Show in first quarter 2014 (27 February to 2 March @MBS). My D-link DCS-5222L price dropped to $199. I think I bought $299.

Even if you are not buying, the show is a good place for you to go look at the models available.

Edited by kstoh

For a short while, my wife was VVIP customer at the following shop, and they were always very happy to see her (but I was not so happy). All of the Wall Art pieces shown above were purchased from this shop, plus many other items, big and small. If you are interested, they are now having a 11th Anniversary Sale. Their website at http://www.moleculeliving.com says 40% + 11% off. A lot of their stuff are from Italy.

ScreenShot2013-11-15at91221AM_zps3d9b263

The biggest item bought from Molecule was this sofa from Brianform. She walked in, saw it and liked it. I also liked it but immediately changed to "dislike" when I saw the price tag. I was more used to paying a fraction of the listed price. Anyway, my wife promised me this would be the one and only time she pay so much for a piece of furniture.

IMG_8885_zps77efed7e.jpg

Brianform > Catalogo 8 > Magenta: http://www.brianform.it/eng/Cat8/8_magenta1.html

ScreenShot2013-12-01at75150PM_zps047cf56

Edited by kstoh

already read all your posts, pretty sure your wife is a very happy woman.. :notti:

btw, do you have any recommendation on Tv 50 - 55" ? & will it be better to get 1 with digital ready now...? :sport-smiley-018:

Kstoh, how's the work of the second marble polishing firm? My marble floor is in need of a serious polishing. If your guy is good appreciate it you'll provide his contact.

Hi tomasulu

The second contractor I called actually subcontracted the job to another party. But when my friend tried to call the contractor, it seems that he is no longer working with this subcontractor. I can still give you the contact for the second contractor if you wish. But I think more important is the need to specify clearly that you want the groove lines to be cleaned, and not just normal polishing.

My floor was very shiny when new but it seems it is not so shiny anymore. Maybe maintenance not good enough!

Hi Asking4Help

I am not an expert on TVs. Until you mentioned it, I was not even aware of digital TV coming to SIngapore! Come to think of it, I am not even sure if my TV supports digital TV but if this is something new coming to Singapore, it makes sense to buy a TV which supports it. Anyway, since we are on this topic, might as well talk about the story about my TV.

Many years ago, Sony was the leader in TV. People would not touch a Samsung or Lucky Goldstar (now LG) with a ten foot pole. But now, the Koreans are king in this area. All my TVs and HDD Recorders are from LG. I just love their colour output and numerous features. And like many of you, our TVs get bigger and bigger. I was all set to buy a 55" LG TV. At least that was what I set out to do when I decided to pay a visit to Best Denki @IMM.

But somehow, my wife and I were sweet talked into buying this 46" TV from Philips, a brand which we never even considered.

IMG_2606_zps27bbfeac.jpg

The Philips 46PFL7007 manages to combine very stylish looks with great picture and sound quality. My wife fell in love with the stylish metallic design and Ambilight technology. I fell in love with the 800Hz processing power and 3D support. Similar 55" TV sets from LG (but at much less than 800Hz) were going for $1999 or less, but this 46" Philips was going for $2699 at sale price. The sale promoter offered us the display set for $1999 provided we let him display it for a few more days. And he warrantied that the set would be delivered free from any defects or scratched or he will change it.

The TV looked great when mounted on the wall and we bought a Philips 3D Bluray Soundbar to complement it. The 3D glasses were a waste of money. Tried it and never touched them again. Too troublesome to put on the 3D glasses. The Smart TV functions are not so smart. Internet browser and Facebook were rather difficult if not impossible to navigate. I could not get the mail app to retrieve my Gmail. I believe the LG or Samsungs should do better here. App selection was rather limited. I have no idea why so many apps are of the XXX type. Maybe because this is a European model or set.

IMG_9485_zps85a9ae31.jpg

IMG_9489_zpsb30ff87c.jpg

Philips 46PFL7007 review by CNET UK: http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/tvs/philips-46pfl7007-review-50010368/

The sales promoter had my mobile number as he had to call me to collect my 3D specs but a few days after selling the TV set to me, he sent me the following Whatsapp

Hi … sori to trouble u. If u hav any job offer let me know, am going to quit best denki after chinese new year; rite now am study till ITE got my own transport got any lobang let me know thanks hapi new year cheers!!!! :)

I was thinking my goodness, what did i just buy?

P.s. I subsequently wrote about Digital TV in this later post.

Edited by kstoh

But the Philips TV is not all that bad.

I particularly love the feature which allows me to connect my iPhone or iPad to the TV. I use it as my version of the karaoke jukebox control. I have all my favourite songs on my Youtube playlist. Then I select and it plays on the TV. You can even queue the play list! But I should think all Smart TVs can do this.

IMG_9499_zps798249c2.jpg

IMG_0134_zpsa99592af.jpg

I tried to record a full length movie clip but my iPhone ran out of storage space! So, here is a short version:

As to how I conceal the wires, click here.

Edited by kstoh

I like the way kstoh posts, very no-nonsense, informative yet with a sense of humour. Enjoy this thread very much.

Thanks for the compliment!

My wife does not like big hifi systems, so a sleek sound bar is most appropriate. My thinking is that a Philips sound bar should work better with a Philips TV. I have never heard of Philips sound systems being impressive but thankfully, the latest Philips Fidelio SoundBar with Ambisound HTB9150 has good reviews. And it was also voted the Best Sound Bar System by HardwareZone for 2013.

IMG_3491_zpsaa0590f3.jpg

Hardwarezone Article

http://youtu.be/Wv-5XT_csSE

Unfortunately, just like the TV, controls are not intuitive and difficult to operate. Both TV and Sound Bar seem to work together in mysterious ways. You take the TV remote to turn on TV but it stays silent and the Sound Bar turns on instead. I have no idea and find myself pressing buttons a few times to turn on the TV and get it to show the correct AV input (TV or cable). By default, the TV seems to always turn on the Sound Bar and play DVD.

Coming back to the furniture purchases from molecule, my wife also bought this Miles Motion "Action Table" from Naos Action Living. It's really quite nice. You can open it up to twice the length when needed.

1A90-03-1A90-03-Miles_zps6fab9dfa.jpg

You can click and drag the "action table" on this Naos Action Living Website, even on an iphone! Try it.

IMG_8885_zps77efed7e.jpg

Edited by kstoh