Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You should buy your ladder only after the renovations have completed. If you buy it during renovations, make sure you do not leave your ladder on site.

I actually had two other ladders, a small A-frame ladder and a 5 step ladder. I left both thinking that it would help the workers. Both disappeared during the initial renovation works. After that, I made sure I brought home my 6 step ladder every time I bring to site.

thanks for your sharing. really appreciate it. :jammin:

Hi Asking4Help and alfredt

Good that you find the info useful.

Hi OceanEleven

Quite shy after you guys remarked about my "toys" in the other thread. Not sure whether appropriate to post such toys or not, as they are useful only to some home owners. Maybe better stick to things like furniture, floor, walls, lights, fans, plants, ladder etc.

Hi OceanEleven

Quite shy after you guys remarked about my "toys" in the other thread. Not sure whether appropriate to post such toys or not, as they are useful only to some home owners. Maybe better stick to things like furniture, floor, walls, lights, fans, plants, ladder etc.

Oh please share! I believe most will be keen to know as well. It is not about toys or not but the spirit of sharing which we very much appreciate. :good:

If you are getting a ladder for your home, I recommend that you get either a 5 to 6 step Family Ladder. It should be as high as possible to allow you to reach the highest point of your house, possibly your cove or ceiling lights. But it should also not be so tall that you cannot fit it into your bomb shelter, store or tall cupboard. In my case, the 6 step ladder was the first ladder I bought. One ladder should be sufficient for most homes though in my case, i accumulated two more ladders over the years.

71BD0724-20EC-47EB-A5B2-3E1B83BA4D1E_zps

My baby 3 step ladder was bought for the sole purpose of allowing my helper (do you notice they are normally not so tall?) to reach the top of my kitchen cabinets and wardrobes easily. I did not want her to lug around my 6 step ladder, and accidentally hit something. Originally, I wanted to buy one of those stools but in the end, I thought s baby ladder was more versatile. Most of the time, we find ourselves using this ladder.

My giant 10 step ladder was bought recently for my new place. I use it when I need to clean my hall fan, trim the plants on my vertical garden or reach various high places to apply silicon to stop water leaks etc. When I step on the last step, I can just about touch the fan blades. I have to tip-toe slightly just to clean the blades, one hand on the blade and the other holding the cloth. It is very unsatisfactory. Due to its length, the ladder flexes as I climb up. It does not feel stable, and I do not feel secure, even with my helper below holding onto the ladder.

If I have to buy a tall ladder again, I think I will go for the Little Giant Ladder.

http://youtu.be/N0J2KG7GG5o

Wow, the Little Giant is a really versatile ladder!

Thanks for your sharing on every topic that you can.

At work, we use these Louisville fibreglass frame step ladders and I found them more sturdy than the aluminium frame ones. Only problem is that they cost twice the price here as compared to Amazon. :~

All the nice furniture and fittings were bought by my better half. But the unseen part is that many of these were installed or maintained by "toys" bought by me.

First, a number of Bosch toys.

Bosch Impact Drill

IMG_9122_zps94099fb3.jpg

Bosch Cordless Screwdriver

IMG_9135_zps668473ec.jpg

Bosch Grass Trimmer

IMG_0023_zps3965d29b.jpg

Hi kstoh,

do you have any idea if a steam vacuum cleaner is suitable to use on laminate flooring? Will it spoil the flooring in the long run? :sport-smiley-018:

Based on my understanding of how laminate floors are constructed, it is best to ensure as little water as possible gets in between the gaps. Again, based on how my Osim iEcology used to work, the steam vacuum cleaner shoots out hot steam. Therefore, my conclusion is that it is not advisable to use steam vacuum cleaner on laminate flooring.

I asked Google, and the general consensus was:

A steam cleaner is very likely to cause serious and permanent damage to your laminate floor.

But if you really want to use a steam cleaner, it seems that one of my toy makers, Karcher, claims that their model can be used, albeit with the lowest setting and four layers of cloth.

http://www.karcher.sg/sg/Products/Home__Garden/Applicationtips/Get_it_cleaner_with_steam/applications/Cleaning_laminate_floors.htm

[back to Table of Contents]

Edited by kstoh