Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
drmzer

Our Lil Cozy Corner..

Went to our house earlier this morning, but was :jawdrop: to see the fallen brick! Any expertise around that can advise us; to lay brickwalls, izzit necessary to do seeding, roughen the wall before laying the bricks and do grouting? Our contractor told us that there are other method to do the brickwalls, I wondered izzit safe? And now with the fall bricks which worries me as all the bricks have been laid!

image-17.jpg

image-18.jpg

I am now trying to add brick on my wall as 2nd reno project... my ID told me i have to somehow 'knock' on the wall before laying..... is that true?

I hoping no need to knock or do anything to the wall as it will create a mess as well as additional cost... can they just stick and lay on it? anyone can advise?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am now trying to add brick on my wall as 2nd reno project... my ID told me i have to somehow 'knock' on the wall before laying..... is that true?

I hoping no need to knock or do anything to the wall as it will create a mess as well as additional cost... can they just stick and lay on it? anyone can advise?

I would like to think that it is necessary, so that the bricks would stick better on the wall. If not will fall off easily like drmzer's bricks =/

Week 5 & 6 :sport-smiley-003: :

gt a lot of thgs to settle these 2 weeks. Have to also ensure thgs are also back on track with e little hiccup we have earlier for our walls.

IMG_5010-1.jpg

Brick wall issue fixed. Grouting also added - reduces the raw effect but made it feel more complete

Window grilles - opted for the simple horizontal design:

IMG_5002.jpg

Grilles in the living room

IMG_5017.jpg

those in e rooms & service yard will look like tis ;)

Week 5 & 6 continues...

Lights were also fixed. Pretty satisfied with wat we gt :notti:

IMG_5008.jpg

Dining table lights - we change e tungsten bulbs to LED bulbs to factor in practicability :P

IMG_5009.jpg

Our track-lights :good: - modern & clean feel

IMG_4996.jpg

Lightings feel in our living room :thumbs up:

IMG_4999.jpg

One of our rooms' ceiling light - opted for somethg simple ;)

IMG_4991.jpg

using LED downlights for our walkway :)

Week 5 & 6 continues...

Lots were done these 2 weeks which explain for the simultaneous posts :D will continue to share on our updates...

Despite an earlier unexpected hiccup (brickwall issue), Marco quickly troubleshoots and re-assures us on the safety and secureness of our walls. Not only tat, he quickly arranges for the carpentry works for our hm to start :sport-smiley-004:

IMG_5003.jpg

kitchen carpentry works have started :D

IMG_5006.jpg

our customised altar - e initial structure :P

IMG_5007.jpg

MBR toilet's vanity cabinet also started :P

IMG_5004.jpg

updated look of our living room

Looking forward to see the rest of the carpentry works...hee ;)

Week 6 :jammin:

A few pieces of furnitures tat we have ordered are here...yeah :sport-smiley-018:

IMG_5019.jpg

our dining table & bench :notti:

IMG_5021.jpg

our pairing tv console & coffee table..keke :good:

IMG_5023.jpg

simply loves e feel :wub:

In one of your earlier post, you mentioned that you are customising your dining room light. Is this the one? Did you design it yourself? What types of customising services does this shop has?

Week 5 & 6 continues...

Lights were also fixed. Pretty satisfied with wat we gt :notti:

IMG_5008.jpg

Dining table lights - we change e tungsten bulbs to LED bulbs to factor in practicability :P

In one of your earlier post, you mentioned that you are customising your dining room light. Is this the one? Did you design it yourself? What types of customising services does this shop has?

Yes Harriette, but not really designed by us. We chanced upon e hand-torch usually used by construction workers & car mechanics so ask Marvin to customize this hand-torch into dining lights for us. Merely gave him basic requirements like use black track and approximate length of drop :thumbs up:

Think it will be best to drop by e shop to take a look and or call to ask. Who knows, maybe u will chance onto something u like or tat u can customize ;)

IMG_5018.jpg

if we open up e lid, it will look like a flower & has another different feel. E metal & rugged feel makes it kind of rustic :D

Hi, can share id and quote? thanks!

As mentioned above, we r using a contractor: Hoong Fatt Heng Renovation Works.

Quote: 24k++ (excluding aircons, electrical price list & the boxes of craft-bricks).

Hi! I love the look of your house! It's coming along so well!

Are the tables of star furniture? They look exactly like the ones i bought as well! :)

thx :sport-smiley-004:

yup, from "STAR living" - guess great minds think alike :jammin: