Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Harriette

Modern Em Reno@ Bukit Panjang

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ikea kitchen

On Thursday (27 Feb 14), we bought our kitchen from Ikea Tampines. The Ikea staff took 2 hours to key in my orders! The items were delivered to my place on Sunday (2 Mar 14).

12924857615_df1e83a0f6.jpg
ikea kitchen by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

On Monday, the Ikea kitchen contractors came to do the set-up. It should be done by Friday.

12924972313_c38012560a.jpg
ikea kitchen being set up by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

your place is looking very good.

i like your roller shutters. lets a lot of lights in. I would imagine that your place will be breezy. with the shutters down, is there the "flapping noise" when the strong wind blows against it ?

Rem to show us the pictures once the setup is done.

Good progress on the renovation based on the pictures

Ikea kitchen

This is the floor plan of my ikea kitchen. Jay (my ID) came up with the dimensions of the ikea modules for me. I have to choose the exact ikea module and internal fittings myself.

Today is day 3 of the kitchen installation. Here are some photos:
Edited by Harriette

Kitchen installation photos - continued:

12949474003_b6fc9c8c8a.jpg

Cover panel

Being a 1st time ikea kitchen buyer, we have not heard of a "cover panel".

When you buy an ikea kitchen, the ikea staff will advise you to buy cover panel to cover the exposed sides of your cabinets. You can choose a cover panel that is the same laminate as your chosen doors. It is purely for aesthetics. The cover panel is about 1cm thick.

I also choose to use the cover panel to box up the gap between the cabinets and the ceiling. My chosen cover panel are glossy white, which is the chosen colour of my ikea kitchen cabinet doors.

12949690135_1bb21a3fef.jpg

Customised shelves

Due to a ceiling beam, there is a 7-inch gap between the kitchen cabinets and the wall.

12949349105_9a6021aedd.jpg

The ikea contractor suggested that the gaps be sealed up. However, I find that this is a waste of space.

12949475723_3c47815759.jpg
So I requested for customised open shelves for the gap. These shelves will be built using the ikea cover panels, so that they share the consistent look with the rest of the kitchen. This is the drawing done by the ikea contractor. He sent it to me via whatsapp.
The customised shelves will cost me $200+ though, just for workmanship. This is almost the cost of one ikea cabinet frame.
sidetrack - I'm actually very glad that smartphones and whatsapp exist. Alot of communication were done this way. I'm also impressed that the ikea contractors (who are not young) can whatsapp.
Edited by Harriette

• Like 1

Meanwhile, some works were done in other parts of the house:

- staircase railing is up

- parquet floor in 3 bedrooms was polished. We retained the parquet floor built by the previous owners.

- shower screen is up in the upstairs common toilet

12949346895_82ce154d9b.jpg

your place is looking very good.

i like your roller shutters. lets a lot of lights in. I would imagine that your place will be breezy. with the shutters down, is there the "flapping noise" when the strong wind blows against it ?

Hi alfredt,

we did not detect any flapping noise.

Kitchen installation photos - continued:

12949474003_b6fc9c8c8a.jpg

Cover panel

Being a 1st time ikea kitchen buyer, we have not heard of a "cover panel".

When you buy an ikea kitchen, the ikea staff will advise you to buy cover panel to cover the exposed sides of your cabinets. You can choose a cover panel that is the same laminate as your chosen doors. It is purely for aesthetics. The cover panel is about 1cm thick.

I also choose to use the cover panel to box up the gap between the cabinets and the ceiling. My chosen cover panel are glossy white, which is the chosen colour of my ikea kitchen cabinet doors.

12949690135_1bb21a3fef.jpg

Customised shelves

Due to a ceiling beam, there is a 7-inch gap between the kitchen cabinets and the wall.

12949349105_9a6021aedd.jpg

The ikea contractor suggested that the gaps be sealed up. However, I find that this is a waste of space.

12949475723_3c47815759.jpg
So I requested for customised open shelves for the gap. These shelves will be built using the ikea cover panels, so that they share the consistent look with the rest of the kitchen. This is the drawing done by the ikea contractor. He sent it to me via whatsapp.
The customised shelves will cost me $200+ though, just for workmanship. This is almost the cost of one ikea cabinet frame.
sidetrack - I'm actually very glad that smartphones and whatsapp exist. Alot of communication were done this way. I'm also impressed that the ikea contractors (who are not young) can whatsapp.

Imagine to do this without website info, internet shopping, whatsapp, etc...

Hi alfredt,

we did not detect any flapping noise.

your place is coming up very nicely. am camping here to catch your progress. just like chasing korean dramas :notti:

Hi Harriette,

What a great place and great taste you have! Look forward to see more pictures of your place when all furniture and decoration are in.

Please PM me Mr. Yeak and William contact numbers and your ID design fee.

Warm regards,

DTbabies