Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vicx1234

A "scandustrial" Concept ~ Sengkang Ea

Lights continued & other purchases

A close up of our kitchen wall lights - the lamps came bigger than originally expected, but hey it still looks good! The wife says that it's a bit too high though. What do you guys think? Anyway, we're gonna keep the plastic cover on the lights until all the works are completed. Still pretty dusty and dirty in the house after all the carpentry and electrical works.

xfqg.jpg

A side shot of our bedside table lamp. Out of all the lights, I would say that the quality of these lights are the lousiest of the lot - think it has to do with the number of joints it has. Also, the metal plate mounted onto the wall is a bit thin and flimsy. Not sure if it can withstand the weight of the lamp in a couple of years. I suspect we'll have to change it further down the road.

e4dr.jpg

The fancy Edison bulbs for our kitchen dining lights just came too! Very excited to see the beautiful filament patterns.

vptb.jpg

LED Track spotlights - we will be using around 6 x 5w lights to light up our WIW. Good thing with tracklights is that you can focus on the spots you want to. For these particular lights from taobao, they came in a size much bigger than expected. Not as nice as the ones made in Germany that they sell at Chan Huat etc. Oh well, for the price you pay, can't really complain. At most just change when it's spoilt. :bleah:

rb0h.jpg

Our fan finally got fixed up and I must say it looks fantastic. It has a matte finish and although we haven't tested the wind speed, the blades look like they can generate some serious air. :notti: Very happy with this purchase.

c43w.jpg

Sometime last week I was researching on robot vacuum cleaners and came across this thread on hardwarezone:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/home-decor-furnishings-188/lg-roboking-3692302.html

Having been impressed so much by the reviews, I immediately msged E and told her that we need to get it haha. It is available in Singapore via autovacstore for $908 or from QOO10 for $699. Just so happened that the QOO10 store was having a promo price at $599 so I immediately bought it. Free delivery summore! Will do a review of it once we start using it.

j73y.jpg

ohhh bad bad vicx1234. now you got me hooked!!! can share your Q0010 link where you bought this? arrived d? funny how come its all the guys who are so bent on getting the irobot. my man has been pestering me to get one too...

baddddd badddd vicx1234... you will be the reason why i am getting one too..hahahahaha

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Our trio of kitchen wall lights to act as additional task lighting. Not too sure if it's overkill to have them all placed at such a short distance apart but I suppose it's always better to have more rather than less lighting.

k927.jpg

After seeing the light in real, it is definitely not an overkill. It is a nice touch in the kitchen.

The problem here is that the camera man not doing the light justice. :fire:

My friend's house have a vacuum robot too and been thinking of getting one too when my house is up

Heard you can just program the timing it should clean and etc, once done it will go back to the docking station which I find it very good.

Actually I think the vacuum robot has become one of the MUST HAVE things in the house. In our time pressed society, all the household chores can really add up especially if you don't have a maid. Investing in a good vacuum robot is really the way to go IMHO. Spend your precious time with your loved ones instead :D

I heard initially it takes a bit of time to program the robot correctly but once it is set up, it's just plug and play. More well behaved than most kids, can go back to it's home after it's done haha.

Very nice tiles.. it is smooth or rough surface?

thanks! it's a smooth and matte surface, find it quite nice to walk on actually. :lol:

Hihi,

What is your plan for Living Feature Wall? I am curious :)

hello kelhy, we will be trying out a "laminate plank" feature wall which we thought would be quite cool and different from the ubiquitous brick wall. They will basically paste the laminate on some wood, and then cut them into various sizes of planks before finally pasting them onto the plywood board wall thereafter. I do have some pictures of the half completed wall which I will post real soon. :good:

Looking real good Vic!

thanks fellow Anchorvale neighbour!

ohhh bad bad vicx1234. now you got me hooked!!! can share your Q0010 link where you bought this? arrived d? funny how come its all the guys who are so bent on getting the irobot. my man has been pestering me to get one too...

baddddd badddd vicx1234... you will be the reason why i am getting one too..hahahahaha

PM-ed! jialat la I'm earning a bad rep in renotalk hahaha.

Ok the reason why your man is pestering you to get one is simple - I'm guessing if you don't do the cleaning in the home, he will end up having to do it! hahaha.

After seeing the light in real, it is definitely not an overkill. It is a nice touch in the kitchen.

The problem here is that the camera man not doing the light justice. :fire:

Bro, too harsh la. Not the camera man fault, but the camera. Blame HTC one. hahah :no:

Anyway, thanks for dropping by earlier. When is it my turn to go over to yours? Lol

Some more house updates - it's really starting to come together eh?

We've really come a long way haven't we. Just seems like yesterday that our place was an empty shell, but put a door here, a cupboard there, some lighting and the place is instantly transformed. It's really great to see this all happen in front of our eyes, and we are glad to be sharing this journey with you fine folks. Anyway, thanks for all the support and comments thus far!

So the evorich tiles are up, the skeletals of our carpentry are also up and more recently the lights, blinds and some toilet accessories here and there. Ok here are some pics!

This is the display cum bar cabinet that we are quite excited about. The charcoal coloured center will be left open and it will house things like our coffee machine, wine bottles and well as wine glasses. We will also be able to mix and prepare some simple cocktail drinks here. As you can see, we did away with internal laminates cos (1) they are expensive and (2) we don't want to bust our budget too much. For something which eventually will have doors, I think it's something we can live with.

f9du.jpg

Here is the laminate panel and tictac door to hide our storeroom. You may ignore our topless friend there. :dribble: We clad the panels in the same laminate as the kitchen cabinets for uniformity.

ud8f.jpg

Yes! Bathroom doors are up - nice frosted glass panels with a black powder coated alum frame. It is the same for the MBR toilet.

ouai.jpg

The uncompleted living room feature wall, but you can see where this is going. Quite pleased with the look of it, though the wife did mention it would have looked nicer if it were more rugged. I think I agree. ;)

ybq0.jpg

A closer look at the laminate panels for the feature wall.

ejdz.jpg

Last picture for the lot, our study room blinds!!!:good: Very pleased with the look of it, and even more pleased that it covers up our orange framed windows. haha

ud6f.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like your bet on wooden planks vs brick wall has paid off! :thumbs up:

It fits better into the whole house...

I have been thinking to do the bar counter + SMEG something like yours but no budget!

No budget to do feature wall also... Haha, I think..

Can share more on your laminate feature wall? They have to install plywood backing for TV console?

The reason being it can cut down on the house chores and its hassle free. Hahahaha

Actually I think the vacuum robot has become one of the MUST HAVE things in the house. In our time pressed society, all the household chores can really add up especially if you don't have a maid. Investing in a good vacuum robot is really the way to go IMHO. Spend your precious time with your loved ones instead :D

I heard initially it takes a bit of time to program the robot correctly but once it is set up, it's just plug and play. More well behaved than most kids, can go back to it's home after it's done haha.

Yap agree on that fully.

We've really come a long way haven't we. Just seems like yesterday that our place was an empty shell, but put a door here, a cupboard there, some lighting and the place is instantly transformed. It's really great to see this all happen in front of our eyes, and we are glad to be sharing this journey with you fine folks. Anyway, thanks for all the support and comments thus far!

So the evorich tiles are up, the skeletals of our carpentry are also up and more recently the lights, blinds and some toilet accessories here and there. Ok here are some pics!

This is the display cum bar cabinet that we are quite excited about. The charcoal coloured center will be left open and it will house things like our coffee machine, wine bottles and well as wine glasses. We will also be able to mix and prepare some simple cocktail drinks here. As you can see, we did away with internal laminates cos (1) they are expensive and (2) we don't want to bust our budget too much. For something which eventually will have doors, I think it's something we can live with.

f9du.jpg

Here is the laminate panel and tictac door to hide our storeroom. You may ignore our topless friend there. :dribble: We clad the panels in the same laminate as the kitchen cabinets for uniformity.

ud8f.jpg

Yes! Bathroom doors are up - nice frosted glass panels with a black powder coated alum frame. It is the same for the MBR toilet.

ouai.jpg

The uncompleted living room feature wall, but you can see where this is going. Quite pleased with the look of it, though the wife did mention it would have looked nicer if it were more rugged. I think I agree. ;)

ybq0.jpg

ejdz.jpg

Last picture for the lot, our study room blinds!!!:good: Very pleased with the look of it, and even more pleased that it covers up our orange framed windows. haha

ud6f.jpg

The laminate walls looks really good, you sure make the right choice for it. :good:

Overall the house is slowly becoming together and sure look very nice for the smooth and even color theme

Looks like your bet on wooden planks vs brick wall has paid off! :thumbs up:

It fits better into the whole house...

I have been thinking to do the bar counter + SMEG something like yours but no budget!

No budget to do feature wall also... Haha, I think..

Can share more on your laminate feature wall? They have to install plywood backing for TV console?

thank you gomugomu! wow you're thinking of a smeg? that alone is probably more than the cost of the bar counter cum display cabinet isn't it? Haha. Well life is about deciding between competing choices, so good luck on choosing the right one =)

For our laminate feature wall, the first step was to create the plywood backing so that the laminate tiles can be mounted on top. Then the carpenters cut out individual planks to be pasted onto the plywood backing. The last step is then to mount the switches and sockets etc onto the wall. Our tv console is not built in, but will be pushed all the way to the feature wall. Since there is a gap in the middle of our tv console to place the Starhub box, amplifier etc, the tv console will cover the switches and sockets quite neatly!

The laminate walls looks really good, you sure make the right choice for it. :good:

Overall the house is slowly becoming together and sure look very nice for the smooth and even color theme

thanks for the kind comments Songz. We are glad we went ahead with the plank wall although we hadn't a slightest clue how it would turn out. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by vicx1234

For our laminate feature wall, the first step was to create the plywood backing so that the laminate tiles can be mounted on top. Then the carpenters cut out individual planks to be pasted onto the plywood backing. The last step is then to mount the switches and sockets etc onto the wall. Our tv console is not built in, but will be pushed all the way to the feature wall. Since there is a gap in the middle of our tv console to place the Starhub box, amplifier etc, the tv console will cover the switches and sockets quite neatly!

Interesting and great idea, vicx1234. Looks fantastic too. :good:

can have your permission to copy your idea ? :notti:

• Like 1

many thanks claypot :D

don't use the word 'copy' bro, sounds so negative. Use the phrase "draw inspiration from". LOL :lol: This kind of thing no need to paiseh. I also "draw inspiration from" alot of other people in this forum. We're all here to learn and share our ideas! :good:

lucky your tiles are smooth, rough ones are hard to maintain..

for your bathroom doors, you have nice frosted glass panels with black frame! :good:

f9du.jpg

ud8f.jpg

ouai.jpg

ybq0.jpg

ejdz.jpg

ud6f.jpg

Your study's glass panel with black frame is so nice. :wub:

As my plans is to have one as well, I am undecided if I should have just one large panel with the frame or have them segmented like you do. At the moment, I am leaning towards just one large panel to reduce the shadows being cast on the passageway but the extra segments really adds to the industrial theme.

As my plans is to have one as well, I am undecided if I should have just one large panel with the frame or have them segmented like you do. At the moment, I am leaning towards just one large panel to reduce the shadows being cast on the passageway but the extra segments really adds to the industrial theme.

One big panel looks great but make sure can come in thru the lift else you have to pay extra.

I remember some are charging $10 - $20 per floor.

It really look very unique. Texture and feel is really difference.

However, "inspirations" are costly. Wish I have the budget to do that too. :bleah:

lucky your tiles are smooth, rough ones are hard to maintain..

for your bathroom doors, you have nice frosted glass panels with black frame! :good:

thanks peacejr! Was originally quite scared that the quality of the pd doors would be poor, but the frosted glass panels and aluminium frame give it a nice solid feel. Much better than acrylic.

ok OceanEleven already answered this for me (thanks buddy) haha. The question is how big your one panel is. If it can't fit in the lift then it's really difficult for them to move it up the stairs, not to mention costly and dangerous since it's glass. I'll just share what my contractor said, which is big panels look good but are more prone to breakage. Let's just say if *touchwood* your big panel shatters for whatever reason, you're going to have to replace the entire panel as opposed to a segment of the panels.

So you might want to consider the safety, practicality and cost for the issue of the panels :D

What you could do is to do away with the horizontal bar in the middle, giving you 2 or 3 long panels. As you alr pointed out though, the segmented panels give it a more industrial feel. Depending on your lighting, the shadows can be minimized I suppose.

ok OceanEleven already answered this for me (thanks buddy) haha. The question is how big your one panel is. If it can't fit in the lift then it's really difficult for them to move it up the stairs, not to mention costly and dangerous since it's glass. I'll just share what my contractor said, which is big panels look good but are more prone to breakage. Let's just say if *touchwood* your big panel shatters for whatever reason, you're going to have to replace the entire panel as opposed to a segment of the panels.

I think you need to organised a day time open house soon. :good:

One big panel looks great but make sure can come in thru the lift else you have to pay extra.

I remember some are charging $10 - $20 per floor.

So you might want to consider the safety, practicality and cost for the issue of the panels :D

What you could do is to do away with the horizontal bar in the middle, giving you 2 or 3 long panels. As you alr pointed out though, the segmented panels give it a more industrial feel. Depending on your lighting, the shadows can be minimized I suppose.

Thanks for sharing this consideration, will have to discuss this with my ID.

Edited by mavicaste