Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vicx1234

A "scandustrial" Concept ~ Sengkang Ea

I think you need to organised a day time open house soon. :good:

I shy la bro, hahahha. Nothing to see yet :dunno:

Thanks for sharing this consideration, will have to discuss this with my ID.

most welcome! it's quite a significant decision so take your time with it. :lol:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi vicx,

I'm planning to get the irobot roomba and scooba. I have asked my ID to incorporate space in the carpentry to be docking stations for these machines.

Sometime last week I was researching on robot vacuum cleaners and came across this thread on hardwarezone:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/home-decor-furnishings-188/lg-roboking-3692302.html

Having been impressed so much by the reviews, I immediately msged E and told her that we need to get it haha. It is available in Singapore via autovacstore for $908 or from QOO10 for $699. Just so happened that the QOO10 store was having a promo price at $599 so I immediately bought it. Free delivery summore! Will do a review of it once we start using it.

j73y.jpg

This is the display cum bar cabinet that we are quite excited about. The charcoal coloured center will be left open and it will house things like our coffee machine, wine bottles and well as wine glasses. We will also be able to mix and prepare some simple cocktail drinks here. As you can see, we did away with internal laminates cos (1) they are expensive and (2) we don't want to bust our budget too much. For something which eventually will have doors, I think it's something we can live with.

f9du.jpg

Yes! Bathroom doors are up - nice frosted glass panels with a black powder coated alum frame. It is the same for the MBR toilet.

ouai.jpg

ejdz.jpg

ud6f.jpg

Vicx1234!

I am so happy to see ur Reno progress....guess we are really at the same stage! We are getting the same blinds and got the same bathroom doors are urs too. Wasted I overlooked at ordering the blinds earlier so have to wait for cny over then the blinds will be up, sigh...

Love ur display/bar counter....can't wait to see the finish product with the coffee machine and win glasses...love ur style for ur deco! Thumbs up :)

Love ur display/bar counter....can't wait to see the finish product with the coffee machine and win glasses...love ur style for ur deco! Thumbs up :)

Hold your breathe, he will doing an open house soon with the counter bar fill with beverages. :good:

Hi vicx,

I'm planning to get the irobot roomba and scooba. I have asked my ID to incorporate space in the carpentry to be docking stations for these machines.

wow Harriette, that's a fantastic idea, but how do you incorporate the docking stations into the design? is there gonna be a revolving door for the roomba to go through? heh :P

Vicx1234!

I am so happy to see ur Reno progress....guess we are really at the same stage! We are getting the same blinds and got the same bathroom doors are urs too. Wasted I overlooked at ordering the blinds earlier so have to wait for cny over then the blinds will be up, sigh...

Hi EMinlove! I stopped by your blog earlier and saw that your black framed doors and panels are already up too, well done and congrats!! They really look awesome as expected. Also loving your chalkboard shoe cabinet - just beautiful. :D:D:D

Everyone uses those black and white blinds nowadays, but I can't help but use it too cos it's very pretty and fits into our theme. You will not regret the choice as well.

Hey your style and reno deco is super awesome as well!!

I actually find that the hardest part is really to decorate the place in style, putting in personalized items, choosing art and knick knacks seem like a terribly difficult thing to me. We'll see how it goes.

Hold your breathe, he will doing an open house soon with the counter bar fill with beverages. :good:

Wah self invite ah bro, haha. If I do open house you'll be bringing the alcohol??

Greetings from HK! I'm here for a week visiting the wife and so will not be able to drop by the house to check on progress. Hope everything is going well though. ;)

Anyway, we dropped by this really awesome store just yesterday in Wan Chai called mrBlacksmith selling mostly industrial items, some of which are apparently made by them. They also have quite a cool selection of small wares and knick knacks. I think this could possibly be the BEST STORE EVER for the industrial themed home. However, their prices are also jawdroppingly expensive. :jawdrop: Whatever the case, if you're in HK, it is worth a visit just for the inspiration you will get from this place.

http://www.mrblacksmith.hk/

Their website doesn't show or say alot, but trust me, it's a store worth visiting even if you don't buy anything.

We also made our way down to Horizon Plaza today, which is a 28 storey building of pure outlet shopping. Let's just say that this is the place for rich people to outlet shop, since the prices are still expensive even after discount. For furniture and home accessories, they have stores such as G.O.D, FrancFranc, TREE and a pretty good local store called Indigo Living. We came out of the shopping trip with only 2 cushions and a black wine rack since everything else was so expensive. Is this place worth another visit? I'm not so sure. :unsure:

mxd7.jpg

vqgu.jpg

Edited by vicx1234

Carpentry Done!!!

Just before I left for HK, I dropped by our place and was very excited to see all the carpentry items up. The plank feature wall was completed and cabinet doors all went up. :good: Certainly was a great way to start the weekend!

Here are the pictures:

Completed full height cabinet cum bar counter area in the living room. The leftmost door is supposed to be painted with chalkboard paint to write our menu for the day etc, and perhaps uplifting messages for each other. Will post again when we've painted the door! Apologies for the poor lighting as some of our light switches have not been fixed up yet. Quite happy with the contrast of the wood colour and graphite.

o19i.jpg

Our completed plank feature wall! The wife and I are pretty happy with how this turned out - no regrets over forgoing the white brick wall. Now just waiting for the light switches and sockets to go up. Btw, there is a space where the study room door used to be - the contractors took it back to alter because we complained that the door could not open fully into the room.

eft6.jpg

A closer look at the wall - I must say that the workmanship on the wall was pretty good. The guy who did this for the first time must have taken quite a bit of pride in his work. It wasn't easy and I can see that it required a lot of work! Check out how they cut the side panels below

6y8y.jpg

t7es.jpg

Kitchen cabinet doors all up. Too bad the quartz top and glass backsplash is not in yet though, those would really complete the look. Anyway, we made a conscious decision to make the wood laminate grains run horizontally to elongate the kitchen and make it look a little more streamlined. :good:

pac6.jpg

Yard area, where the washing machine and dryer will be housed:

ovkv.jpg

Pardon the mess, they still haven't fully cleaned up the space yet. When I went down they were rushing to pack up and get out of there!

Edited by vicx1234

Here is a picture of our completed study room carpentry - gotta love the black and white look.

xhpb.jpg

A view from inside the kitchen with the folding doors closed

r4m2.jpg

Nice big drawers in our kitchen setup. We've got 6 of these bad boys which will provide us with plenty of storage of big pots or appliances.

b2is.jpg

A nice shot of the lower cabinets, square tiles and wall lights with the roller blinds down

0zqs.jpg

Our black framed shower screen up in the MBR toilet! Looking good if I may say so myself :good::notti: We opted for a half shower screen so that 1) it looks nicer and 2) there would be less glass to clean. Speaking about cleaning glass, has anyone used rainex or any other water repellant on their shower screen glass? Might be easier to clean and maintain I was thinking.

t4t4.jpg

Woooo I love the black panel shower screen! Nice nice and the tiles goes really well Vicx1234!

Let me know if Rainex any good..I know my fren wipe down the glass panel each time she's done shower...too much work for me. Would be good if I could apply something for ease of maintenance :)

Ya I agree with you on the final deco, you can slowly find knick knacks along the way as you settle into your new place....

I did collect some items when I go travel, will put it up for sharing at my blog later after we moved in.😉

Edited by EMinlove

The black framed shower screen is cool! Also like that you have chosen tofu tiles with black grout for your kitchen walls. You are staying very true to the black & white theme!

Half shower screen looks like a really good idea...there is really no need to enclose ourselves entirely when bathing if the purpose is really to avoid splashing water all over the dry area of the toilet. Half a screen with shower kerb should do the job...

This also eliminates the possibility of having a spoilt door, corroded swivel etc.... Bravo...

I hope lesser glass also means its cheaper to construct?

Carpentry Done!!!

Just before I left for HK, I dropped by our place and was very excited to see all the carpentry items up. The plank feature wall was completed and cabinet doors all went up. :good: Certainly was a great way to start the weekend!

Here are the pictures:

Completed full height cabinet cum bar counter area in the living room. The leftmost door is supposed to be painted with chalkboard paint to write our menu for the day etc, and perhaps uplifting messages for each other. Will post again when we've painted the door! Apologies for the poor lighting as some of our light switches have not been fixed up yet. Quite happy with the contrast of the wood colour and graphite.

o19i.jpg

Our completed plank feature wall! The wife and I are pretty happy with how this turned out - no regrets over forgoing the white brick wall. Now just waiting for the light switches and sockets to go up. Btw, there is a space where the study room door used to be - the contractors took it back to alter because we complained that the door could not open fully into the room.

eft6.jpg

A closer look at the wall - I must say that the workmanship on the wall was pretty good. The guy who did this for the first time must have taken quite a bit of pride in his work. It wasn't easy and I can see that it required a lot of work! Check out how they cut the side panels below

6y8y.jpg

t7es.jpg

Kitchen cabinet doors all up. Too bad the quartz top and glass backsplash is not in yet though, those would really complete the look. Anyway, we made a conscious decision to make the wood laminate grains run horizontally to elongate the kitchen and make it look a little more streamlined. :good:

pac6.jpg

Yard area, where the washing machine and dryer will be housed:

ovkv.jpg

Pardon the mess, they still haven't fully cleaned up the space yet. When I went down they were rushing to pack up and get out of there!

For the kitchen. Can you advise where did you get those black beautiful light. Thanks.