Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vicx1234

A "scandustrial" Concept ~ Sengkang Ea

hmmm ours is definitely smooth when walking over, but there are quite a number of different cement screed lookalike tiles out there so maybe he's referring to a particular type that he saw before. Most if not all of the tiles that have seen are smooth though, so I don't think you'll have a problem :good:

I hope so! *fingers crossed* can i check the codename and colour (sorry a bit noob here haha) of your tile?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Greetings from HK once again (which explains my absence)! Hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend.

I will try not to turn this thread into a car discussion forum, hahaha.

not ready yet! Sofa is in but hasn't been unwrapped cos the place is still very messy and dusty! How's your place coming along?

Hi bianzi, I just pm-ed you :lol:

good choice to get the 500 :good: - did you get the gucci edition? Hahah

Hello hellonub, the flooring is actually smooth homogeneous tiles which happen to look like cement screed - it's as easy to maintain as other homogeneous tiles :good::good:

Life is about bringing happiness and laughter to other people :D

Haha, nope.. that Gucci was outrageously priced during then.. however, based on COE now, it's even worse now.

Btw, your kitchen seems rather ok. It seems rather bare now because your appliances, etc aren't there yet. Add in a wall rod for hanging pots & pans or condiments and you'll start having lots of colours in... can check out the bulthaup kitchen for some inspirations..

15_b3_1.jpg

16_Funktionsboxen_Messerblock.jpg

btw would the singer sewing machine bottom be suitable in a toilet? hahaha... always see it as support for table tops more often... for the toilet it's gonna be more moist in there, gotta make sure it's anti rust.. more cleaning for you..

Edited by mrbytez

Thanks harriette! I got it from Chan Huat Lighting along Balestier. Actually I switched to these from the ones that I got from taobao, cos the ones from taobao were flimsy and couldn't even work!!

I wanted to put it in a separate post but since your question came up, here are some other views of the pools of light formed by the downlights:

2014-02-12210112_zpsd2f8f477.jpg

2014-02-12210030_zps98938410.jpg

Hi! Can PM me where you got the storage wingback bed frame and the price? Thanks!

Guys, as you know I have fallen off the grid recently. haha. apologies for the late response! Been busy in HK and had reservist as well, not to mention all the house moving and constant cleaning!! :curse: Anyway, now that we are more settled I can get back to blogging again :jammin:

Time to clear some messages. Once again, sorry for the delay.

Very nice! :good:

Could you send me your quotation pls? Thanks in advance!

I can only send you a rough breakdown but I'm afraid to be fair to our contractor I will not be able to give you a detailed quote. ;)

I hope so! *fingers crossed* can i check the codename and colour (sorry a bit noob here haha) of your tile?

hellonub, we got the tiles at Soon Bee Huat at Toh Guan, code number: HT-AT6004. Don't think there's a description for the colour though.

Everything's coming together really nicely! Could you share your reno quotations w me pls? Thank you..

Can only give you a breakdown by category but not a detailed one to be fair to our contractor, sorry!

bro can i check your MBR bathroom window how much issit ar?

and also there's a wooden plank as cover? LOL

oh that's actually an original window from HDB, the colour just so happens to look like wood haha. :lol: We actually wanted to paint it black or white.

Haha, nope.. that Gucci was outrageously priced during then.. however, based on COE now, it's even worse now.

Btw, your kitchen seems rather ok. It seems rather bare now because your appliances, etc aren't there yet. Add in a wall rod for hanging pots & pans or condiments and you'll start having lots of colours in... can check out the bulthaup kitchen for some inspirations..

15_b3_1.jpg

16_Funktionsboxen_Messerblock.jpg

baulthaup does have some very good kitchens. We are trying not to do too much drilling in the kitchen, so we managed to get those suction type bars to be put in the kitchen. Doesn't look as nice or sleek but I think they will do just fine. May also get some of the black kitchen accessories from ikea to add some flavour to the kitchen. Right now, we're just adding as and where we feel necessary I guess.

btw would the singer sewing machine bottom be suitable in a toilet? hahaha... always see it as support for table tops more often... for the toilet it's gonna be more moist in there, gotta make sure it's anti rust.. more cleaning for you..

hi mrbytez, some of our visitors have been quite perplexed and confused by our singer sewing machine legs haha, but after we told them it serves no practical use besides to look pretty, they kindda got it. Since the old sewing machine legs are presumably cast iron, it should be quite sturdy for the toilet environment. With the additional paint coat we got for it, it should hold up to rust quite well, at least for a while haha. But you're absolutely right, most of the time people us it as support for table tops. :good:

In fact, our sewing machine legs can be taken out since it's not attached to the vanity top. So if we ever decide to use it as a table support, we can still do so! :D

Hi for the your toilet door with the aluminum frame and frosted glass, is that a bifold door?

Nope, it's a PD door - so it slides to one side first, then swings inwards. Cheers

Hi! Can PM me where you got the storage wingback bed frame and the price? Thanks!

Ok! PM you in a while.

Place is very nicely done, Vic! A lot of carpentry I have to say!!

The tap in your guest bathroom looks familiar heh

Thanks greg! Haha yea a big bulk of the costs went into carpentry. The quality of the carpentry could be better though. Edges seem a bit rough and you can see the edges of the laminate.

You know what, the previous owners also had the same basin and tap! I just realized it after looking back at our old pictures. Could have kept it and saved money :unsure:

OK guys, I'll be posting the latest pictures real soon,. Stay tuned! :D:D

Hi guys,

About time I gave the long awaited review on the Crestar ICOL matte black fan. Gonna be a short and sweet one:

Material: The blades feel very plasticky and are kindda soft, but that's not a problem cos if the fan drops *touch wood* it's not going to injure anyone seriously.

Looks: Simply gorgeous

Performance: 4 speed analog fan. For a light breeze, choose speed 2. The curvature and design of the blades make it such that quite a lot of air is generated for such a small fan. So quite pleased.

Noise: This is my biggest gripe about the fan - it is very noisy at high speeds! Even on speed 2 you can hear a bit of the noise, but after a while you begin to block it out. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the ball bearings in the fan (maybe it's not greased properly or something?)

Overall, the looks and performance trump the noise problems. If you're a person who needs the fan just to create just enough breeze and not a typhoon, this is the fan for you!

Hi vicx1234,
Can you please share your experience with the Crestar Icol so far? Thanks!

Hi vicx1234, can i check where you got the ceiling fan and how much it cost? Issit good? Thanks!

So any review on the irobot and fan ??

Hey vic,

Welcome back, would you mind to share where you got your legs from? I am looking to get one with the table top on.

Cheers

Thanks bert! It's been such a busy time - you'll experience it soon too haha.

We got the singer legs from Second Charm - look for Sharifah. She will be able to custom make a table top for you too I'm sure. Looking forward to see what you do with it buddy.

Edited by vicx1234

Love your reno t-blog, caN PM me the urls of the items you bought from taobao?
i hope my wife dun see your wiw LOL

Sure thing man, will PM you in a while. Yes, please don't show her, otherwise I can't help you already :bleah:

But truth be told, everyone deserves a nice wardrobe, guys included haha. We are sacrificing one entire room for that though, so it may well come back and haunt us in the future! In the meantime, we're just going to enjoy it as much as we can