Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vicx1234

A "scandustrial" Concept ~ Sengkang Ea

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi! Do you mind sharing how are the aircon trunkings hidden? from room to room and to bathroom?

Sure it will be my pleasure. Will go back and take some pictures tonight to illustrate :good:

At one point in time, the planning of the aircon trunking gave us a big headache. It's definitely a serious aspect to consider especially with regard to aesthetics.

Edited by vicx1234

• Like 1

Master Bedroom Pics

Our Samsung TV has been set up and you can see our walk in wardrobe beyond that (now with clothes). When it's time for bed, we usually close off the WIW so that there will not be cool air leaking out of our sleeping area, thereby saving some electricity.

2014-02-28001342_zps6b44ca51.jpg

Tell the Missus, TV too small, need a bigger one. :good:

Not very clear, but here is the latest arrangement in our living room display cum bar counter. Nespresso machine up! :notti:

2014-03-06004951_zps2ae4bf73.jpg

Ok I'll take this as an invitation. :notti:

oh thanks for this information claypot, do you happen to have a pic of your setup?

This is the box-up inside the cabinet. There's a tiny screw on the top of the box.

A4D5C28A-4083-4A7D-B44A-D6F34DCF6016_zps

Hey vicx been following your blog for a while now and well done on nailing your scandustrial look!

Can I ask when the opennet guys came to lay their fibre optics? Which stage of your Reno?

And I'm also v keen to hear how you hid the aircon trunking!

It's a nice house after all the hardwork. Your wife is so fortunate to have you to plan all out for her.

Great work!

Is it possible to pm me the rough breakdown of your reno cost? Me n my ah lao are very excited after reading all the 9 pages of your wonderful house.

Hope to get a reply soon! :deal:

Hi vicx,

May I know what is the brand of the towel bar and hangar that you used in your bathroom?

I am particularly impressed by the toiletries holder as I tried a few brands but they could not hd the weight of the shower gel.

Btw, nice work on your toilets, we do have the same idea of using the sewing machine legs as the vanity 😀..... I like your bedroom as well, nicely done up and very spacious...

Some more house updates - it's really starting to come together eh?

We've really come a long way haven't we. Just seems like yesterday that our place was an empty shell, but put a door here, a cupboard there, some lighting and the place is instantly transformed. It's really great to see this all happen in front of our eyes, and we are glad to be sharing this journey with you fine folks. Anyway, thanks for all the support and comments thus far!

So the evorich tiles are up, the skeletals of our carpentry are also up and more recently the lights, blinds and some toilet accessories here and there. Ok here are some pics!

This is the display cum bar cabinet that we are quite excited about. The charcoal coloured center will be left open and it will house things like our coffee machine, wine bottles and well as wine glasses. We will also be able to mix and prepare some simple cocktail drinks here. As you can see, we did away with internal laminates cos (1) they are expensive and (2) we don't want to bust our budget too much. For something which eventually will have doors, I think it's something we can live with.

f9du.jpg

Here is the laminate panel and tictac door to hide our storeroom. You may ignore our topless friend there. :dribble: We clad the panels in the same laminate as the kitchen cabinets for uniformity.

ud8f.jpg

Yes! Bathroom doors are up - nice frosted glass panels with a black powder coated alum frame. It is the same for the MBR toilet.

ouai.jpg

The uncompleted living room feature wall, but you can see where this is going. Quite pleased with the look of it, though the wife did mention it would have looked nicer if it were more rugged. I think I agree. ;)

ybq0.jpg

A closer look at the laminate panels for the feature wall.

ejdz.jpg

Last picture for the lot, our study room blinds!!!:good: Very pleased with the look of it, and even more pleased that it covers up our orange framed windows. haha

ud6f.jpg

HI vicx,

check with your nice feature wall.It that a partition wall or a build wall. If a part wall, how much to built it up. Tx

Hi PTopaz! You will not regret the choice. Sometimes I still can't believe how identical it looks to cement screed (minus the grouting lines) without the required maintenance. When will you be starting your reno? Be sure to blog about your progress ya?

Hi, i like your cement tile.. can i know where do you get them from? I been to a few shops .. Ricefields and An Huat trading cement screed tiles looks very nice too.

Hi guys, sorry for the late response. Spent the better half of yesterday trying to solve some of the plumbing/drainage issues. You see, the water from our washing machine decided to come up our kitchen sink as well as out from underneath kitchen cabinets. What a disaster. Jimmy better find a way to fix this problem.

Tell the Missus, TV too small, need a bigger one. :good:

Ok I'll take this as an invitation. :notti:

Bro how big you want? Haha. 40 inch already big for our MBR tv console, any bigger and the weight can't be supported. But ya you're right, under normal circumstances the bigger the better!

Can u share the cost of the wingback bed and where to get it?

pm-ed!

This is the box-up inside the cabinet. There's a tiny screw on the top of the box.

A4D5C28A-4083-4A7D-B44A-D6F34DCF6016_zps

The box up seems to take up a lot of space. How big is your driver and btw how does the heat dissipate from the driver? Thanks!

Hi Vicx,

Woaa woaa woaa! Nicceeee! Simply irresistible place! Huge place too!

Thanks for the nice comment enigma! :good: Yes, space was definitely a big factor when we decided upon the unit. It looks bigger than it actually is because of the camera bah.

Hey vicx been following your blog for a while now and well done on nailing your scandustrial look!

Can I ask when the opennet guys came to lay their fibre optics? Which stage of your Reno?

thanks for the support ya! glad to hear from you. Actually it doesn't really matter when the OpenNet guys come IMO, cos the cabling that they run is quite independent of the other electricals. This is unless of course you lay the cables in the false ceiling like we did, then the opennet guys will have to come in before the false ceiling is patched up.

to be safe, get them to come towards the end when your most of the major electrical stuff has already been done. That way OpenNet won't get in the way of your electrician's work. But, do confirm way in advance where you intend the Opennet point to be and let your electrician know. Also, in order to figure out where you want to put the OpenNet Optical Network Terminal (ONT) you may want to consider where you want to place your router, switch etc.

I'll be posting about the aircon trunking in a bit. Stay tuned! :sport-smiley-018:

Very nice place you have there! :good::good:

Thank you very much kim76! :good::good:

It's a nice house after all the hardwork. Your wife is so fortunate to have you to plan all out for her.

Great work!

Is it possible to pm me the rough breakdown of your reno cost? Me n my ah lao are very excited after reading all the 9 pages of your wonderful house.

Hope to get a reply soon! :deal:

Oh my wife also did a lot of planning - was a joint effort. Looks like it's all me cos I'm the only one posting. I asked her to make a guest appearance and post on the blog but she shy :bleah:

I will PM when I'm a bit freer regarding a rough breakdown. I'm afraid I can't give a detailed breakdown though!

When are you getting your keys? Sengkang also?

Hi vicx,

May I know what is the brand of the towel bar and hangar that you used in your bathroom?

I am particularly impressed by the toiletries holder as I tried a few brands but they could not hd the weight of the shower gel.

Btw, nice work on your toilets, we do have the same idea of using the sewing machine legs as the vanity ..... I like your bedroom as well, nicely done up and very spacious...

hI MHB, sure. It's a Korean brand called deHUB - you can find the link on taobao below:

http://dehub.tmall.com/?spm=a220o.1000855.w5001-2633380222.2.KjXDjr&&&&&&scene=taobao_shop

It is definitely strong! Sometimes so strong that I have problems trying to take it out :good:

Separately, thanks for the kind comment. Btw do you have pictures of yours? I also very curious to see the same concept applied elsewhere.

Cheers~

HI vicx,

check with your nice feature wall.It that a partition wall or a build wall. If a part wall, how much to built it up. Tx

Hi fal681. Our feature wall is built on an existing wall, so it was made purely by carpentry, cost us about 2.1 k thereabouts.

Hi, i like your cement tile.. can i know where do you get them from? I been to a few shops .. Ricefields and An Huat trading cement screed tiles looks very nice too.

Hi boonfin, you can find our cement screed tile from Soon Bee Huat at

No. 3A Toh Guan Road East

:D

Hi hojichalatte & Dwinsplace,

This post dedicated to you guys, haha.

First off, do note that it's not cos we hid our air con trunking particularly well, it's just that I didn't show it in my pictures :bleah: BUT, the visibility of trunking can still be minimized with considerable planning together with your contractor and air-con man.

For the study room aircon and living room aircon, we ran the trunking into the 2nd bedroom as pictured below.

2014-03-07000745_zps1c4fb740.jpg

The trunking from the 2nd bedroom is then run across the corridor (on a ceiling beam) onto the side where the toilets and MBR sit. We concealed the trunking by boxing it up to make it look like it's part of the beam. Along the corridor, we also boxed it up. Whereas previously the wall was flat, now you see a protrusion at the top of the wall. This we feel is a lesser evil than just seeing the trunking. The drainage pipe also runs through this box up.

2014-03-07000846_zps66c20eb8.jpg

After the draining pipe and trunking runs down the corridor, it is diverted into the MBR toilet (a hole is cut in the wall)

2014-03-07150640_zpsbd61c3d2.jpg

And it then runs along the MBR toilet and then out onto the aircon ledge through a hole in the MBR toilet window. Do note that at some point along this line, the trunking and drainage from the MBR aircon comes in through the wall and joins the rest of the trunking.

2014-03-07150628_zpsf30e29ae.jpg

We only have 1 drainage pipe for the condensed water to run out, as pictured below. This is in the MBR toilet.

2014-03-07150658_zpsccbc302f.jpg

As much as we had liked to hide all the trunking, there's a limit to how much we can hide! As long as it's not plainly obvious to visitors when they walk in, it's good enough IMO.

It's always best to consult your aircon contractor for the best way to run the trunking. BUT, do note that sometimes they give some suggestions which make it easy for them, but makes the trunking v obvious for you. You have to push them and let them know the arrangement that you want.

Good luck!

Hi! Do you mind sharing how are the aircon trunkings hidden? from room to room and to bathroom?

hi hellonub, managed to take a few pics of our flooring yesterday which you can check out below. The colour is definitely uneven but it adds to the raw look and beauty of cement screed. If you like the look of cement screed, this is definitely a tile to consider!

2014-03-05235105_zps2b2cc21e.jpg

2014-03-05235117-2_zps295d4387.jpg

2014-03-05235122_zps9870c231.jpg

because I'm so inspired by your tiles and flooring, I've paid Evorich to do up vinyl flooring for the 3 bedrooms even before I get my keys! Still hesitant with the homo cement lookalike tiles since the contractor mentioned tt the tile is not 100% smooth at the edges >.<

Btw, is your toilet frosted glass door a pd door? I tot the opening is too small if it's a sliding door.

*I also hope for a self-invite to your place too! Too much awesome inspirations :D

Edited by hellonub