Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vicx1234

A "scandustrial" Concept ~ Sengkang Ea

Your bathroom holder for shower stuff is not the suction type ?

I thought everything is from Dehub ... LoL

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Your bathroom holder for shower stuff is not the suction type ?

I thought everything is from Dehub ... LoL

it is la bro, but forummer MHB's shower stuff holder is the drill in type. Was telling him to get the suction type for the other accessories :bleah:

Hi guys,

About time I gave the long awaited review on the Crestar ICOL matte black fan. Gonna be a short and sweet one:

Material: The blades feel very plasticky and are kindda soft, but that's not a problem cos if the fan drops *touch wood* it's not going to injure anyone seriously.

Looks: Simply gorgeous

Performance: 4 speed analog fan. For a light breeze, choose speed 2. The curvature and design of the blades make it such that quite a lot of air is generated for such a small fan. So quite pleased.

Noise: This is my biggest gripe about the fan - it is very noisy at high speeds! Even on speed 2 you can hear a bit of the noise, but after a while you begin to block it out. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the ball bearings in the fan (maybe it's not greased properly or something?)

Overall, the looks and performance trump the noise problems. If you're a person who needs the fan just to create just enough breeze and not a typhoon, this is the fan for you!

Thanks for the review. I'm surprised that it is noisy because I swear it was near silent when I viewed it at Chan Huat. Could it be something to do with its installation?

Purchases continued....

8uzr.jpg
Two of these industrial stools (one of which will be in a different design) which will be used as bedside tables in the MBR. The best part about having stools as bedside tables is that you can always bring it out to the dining room when there aren't enough chairs.

lg4k.jpg
Singer sewing machine legs in 'refrigerator' white colour. Can anyone guess where it'll be placed?

aogo.jpg
Nice big single bowl sink so that no washing job is too difficult

lrtx.jpg
Matte black fan for the living room. One of the closer designs to the haiku fan which we can't afford.
495p.jpg
Lights for the dining area. Gives the space a real nice industrial chic look and should pair really well with our dining table.
jj3x.jpg
A trio of wall lamps for our kitchen! This will be used as additional task and accent lighting as and when required. Quite excited to see these hooked up and turned on.

Hi! would you happen to have the taobao link for your dining room lights? Cant read a word of Mandarin but still want to give taobao a try.. Really like the look of your glass box lights! Saw something similar at a shop at joo chiat going for $450 for the small version and $550 for the larger version (which is yours) *faints*.. Thanks!

Thanks for the review. I'm surprised that it is noisy because I swear it was near silent when I viewed it at Chan Huat. Could it be something to do with its installation?

It could definitely be the result of improper installation or something. Will have to get our electrician to come down and check one of these days. Funny thing is the longer I leave it on, the quieter it gets. Perhaps there is a run in period or something? :dunno:

Hi! would you happen to have the taobao link for your dining room lights? Cant read a word of Mandarin but still want to give taobao a try.. Really like the look of your glass box lights! Saw something similar at a shop at joo chiat going for $450 for the small version and $550 for the larger version (which is yours) *faints*.. Thanks!

Tell me about it. Prices here are ridiculous, but expected cos they have to pay for rent and labour charges, both of which is expensive in Singapore.

Anyway, here is the link. There are 2 colours (black and bronze) to choose from under the heading 颜色分类. :good:

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=21021524014

Oh yes, it doesn't come with the pretty edison light bulbs, which you can buy separately in the link below:

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220o.1000855.w5871376-3285186941.2.C0yxEC&id=16529682382

Happy shopping!

Cause i nearly wanted to get everything from Dehub (TB) for bathroom ...

The not drilling part really appeal to me a lot ...

By the way Nice Chairs ! ! ! :good:

Cause i nearly wanted to get everything from Dehub (TB) for bathroom ...

The not drilling part really appeal to me a lot ...

By the way Nice Chairs ! ! ! :good:

Thanks Songz! They will be used as a bedside table actually, and double up as guest chairs where necessary :notti:

So instead of dehub what did you get?

Hi myone181 and Songz,

I finally managed to break in the LG Roboking vacuum cleaner after downloading a copy of the English manual and reading through it. I haven't fully tested out all the features but so far apart from a few hiccups, I'm liking the robot vacuum alot. Here's a short review for your benefit.

Price - unbeatable if purchased from QOO10. It's selling at about 60% of the Singapore price on QOO10 instead of at around $1k in local stores. The catch is that while there is a warranty on the product, if anything happens you will have to send it back to Korea to have it serviced. Not too sure if I'm keen on that.

User Friendliness - since everything is in Korean (including the buttons on the robot and remote control, as well as the voices coming from the robot), I would say that based on that it's not very user friendly. But once you read the English manual as found online, it makes things so much easier. Once you set it in the mode you want, vacuuming starts by the press of a single button.

Cleaning Power - the robot comes with two yellow side brush attachments which help to sweep dirt to the front of the robot. This is extremely useful in cleaning corners and the edges of the walls. I did not find much dirt hiding in such areas, which is a common complaint for other brand robot vacuums.

At the bottom of the robot is where you find a rotating brush at the mouth of the vacuum. This is where all the dirt is caught and gets sucked into the robot's bin. I think the rotating brush does a great job of picking up dirt as it helps to scrub dirt off the floor (I can hear it). For ladies with long hair, the fallen hair on the ground is picked up by the rotating brush, but it gets stuck on it because it's so long. LG recognizes this and provides users with a yellow brush/picking tool which you can use to pick the hair or dirt off the rotating brush.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much dirt the robot managed to pick up the first time around (see pics below). Mind you, this is after we had vacuumed and mopped the place at least twice. New house lydat one la, alot of dust and dirt. :help: Still I feel the LG Roboking does a great job picking up dust/dirt.

2014-03-07171049_zpsd69c6737.jpg

2014-03-07171249_zps04f9a3bf.jpg

There is a 'mop' attachment as well which consists of a mounting bracket and a microfibre cloth. We haven't tested this out since we prefer to use the magiclean mop for the same purpose. You can't wet the cloth anyway, so I don't think it's of too much use.

Area Coverage / Smartness of the LG Roboking - LG is said to produce one of the smarter vacuum robots around. The sensors are very good and this can be seen by the way the robot goes around doing it's business. Apparently some other robots have problems getting a clear picture of their area, which means sometimes they can skip spots around the house if say for example, there is a hump between rooms where people put those plastic covers to cover the gap. Some robots also bump into objects, walls and furniture etc. The LG does a fairly good job of not bumping into things, although it sometimes does bump into chairs, our laundry basket and our step ladder, since those things have very thin legs which the robot may not be able to detect that well.

Cleaning is precise and how the robot covers your house depends on what type of mode you set it in. I prefer to set it in the zig-zag mode as I feel it gets the job done best. Although I have yet to watch and monitor the robot clean the entire house (cos we leave it on when we go out for work), from the times I have seen it work it has covered every area in the house. I have a feeling though that it still is in the learning mode, as sometimes it does get stuck at places, for e.g under my bed.

Problems - The LG Roboking is not without it's problems. For as good as the rotating brush is, it can also be a bane in some respects. :jawdrop: See picture below for case in point.

Before you set the roboking to clean mode, you must be sure to remove any thin wires, cords, string rope etc. on the floor to ensure that it does not get caught up in the rotating scrub. The rotating scrub is so powerful that it threatens to eat such wires, strings etc. On hindsight, the carpet that we got isn't great for the purpose of the robot because of the tassels on either side of the carpet. It has gotten caught underneath the robot more than a couple of times that we have deciding to roll up the carpet each time we use the robot vacuum. Then there was another time when the robot ate up the pull strings of our roller blind and just died there. Every time the robot gets stuck, you will have to pull whatever's caught under it and then turn it on again at the same position.

2014-03-07140152_zpsab573c0c.jpg

I'm still playing around with it everyday in order to get the best out of it. Overall, I think we are both quite pleased with the performance of the LG Roboking. Plus, it's fun to see it roam about the house on it's own - like a little kid. :sport-smiley-004:

Hope the above helps you with your decision. Cheers :good:

So any review on the irobot and fan ??

Hi, Still hopping to see the review on the robot... :jammin:

• Like 2

Just want to share our experience with some plumbing issues in relation to our kitchen sink and washing machine.

Sometime last week we decided to do laundry for the first time at our new place. It was recommended that for new washing machines, one should do 1 full empty cycle first before actually loading clothes in. Luckily we did so because what we didn't know was that major plumbing issues were about to occur! :help: About 15 mins into the washing cycle, I started to hear some bubbling noise coming from the kitchen sink area, which is odd since I was doing laundry, not washing the dishes! I hurried over to the sink and found soapy foaming water coming UP from under the sink and into it and the water started to rise in the sink. Got a shock of my life but managed to keep calm to avoid stressing the missus out. HAHA. Immediately went over to the washing machine and turned off the main water pipe for the washing machine before turning the washing machine off.

After surveying the area, I realized that some areas under our kitchen cabinet had water coming up from under it, and some of the water made its way onto our kitchen floor. Spent some time clearing the soapy water and even then, it continued leaking for a while. Thereafter I smsed our contractor to come fix it promptly.

2014-03-07215614_zpsb61e7fe9.jpg

2014-03-07215559_zps7b488ac2.jpg

2014-03-07215122_zps95358755.jpg

To cut the long story short, what appeared to be the problem was that the kitchen sink and washing machine shared the same drainage pipe, so much so that when the water pressure for either builds up, the water takes the least path of resistance which is not necessarily down the drain, but up into the sink or up into the washing machine. The plumber has since come down and separated the drainage pipes into 2 separate ones, each serving either the sink or washing machine.

Do take note of this when you are configuring the plumbing for your kitchen/yard area.

Lesson learnt! +1 experience point.

;)

• Like 1

Excellent review on the LG Roboking :good:

Thanks for the review on the vacuum!

thanks peeps! Are either of you thinking of getting one?

thanks peeps! Are either of you thinking of getting one?

yup am considering one. pending post budget assessment after renovation is completed :lol:

I am mostly gg to get a cleaning robot but not sure on the brand and model yet

Thanks for the review greatly, it really poison me deeply :bleah: (Hahahaha ~ )