Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Payment to Taobao or Tmall

Paying to TB and Tmall has always been a pain in the xxx. The more direct approach is buying thru agent but then agent charged a fee that sometimes makes the item no longer attractive. Eg. Peeka charges a 5% or min $5. If the item is low value, it is more contemptible to use such service. Not to forget, Peeka allow only up to 3 orders consolidation.

So another way is to use Credit Cards, which personally I avoid at all cost.

This, firstly due to the unfavorable exchange rate and the 3% additional surcharge as well.

So what can we do then? We can use Alipay. All you have to do is to register an Alipay account, now Alipay can even accept Singapore mobile. This is a safety security function, when paying, Alipay will send a 6 digit pin SMS to you r mobile for payment. To top up to Alipay, we can use AXS machine, to purchase Alipay Purchase Card, choosing from RMB200, 500 and 1000 to. You will have to enter your email and contact. Receipt will be issued and email sent.

The email as follow:

Please find your Alipay Purchase Card transaction details below. Transaction Date/Time : 2014-02-09 10:51:29 Amount Paid : SGD $218.70 Card Value : RMB 1000 Card Serial No. : 800300xxxxxxxxxx Card PIN : 2xxxxx Email address : abc123@gmail.com Contact No : 9xxxxxxx

Also included are the instructions to top up in Alipay. Sounds easy right? But there are dome shortcomings as well too.

1) Unfavourable exchange rate charged. On this part, one has to do your own math, whether to buy thru agent and pay the fees/surcharge or thru this method.

2) Money top up cannot be refunded. So there will always be balance in the account. So it is better to plan and count how much you need before you top up.

Personally, I will still use this method. At least I get to control what I spend, know how much I have; TB account will have record what I had bought.

If received a super big lemon, I can deal direct with seller. Thru agent, there is no record unless agent able to retrieve for you but this will involve agent details such as payment, accounts etc. Any refund is also back to payee and not you. Long and tedious I feel.

Wishing all “Happy Shopping!”. :sport-smiley-003:

Hi ocean eleven,

May I ask the difference between dealing direct with taobao(credit card) and alipay is credit card has additional 3% charge on top of unfavorable exchange rates for both purchase methods?

If we're to purchase big ticket items like sofas and dining sets, it would be more cost effective to engage amcon to purchase on our behalf and pay them the rmb50 for per transaction? But the risk of having refunds is a more tedious process? If such scenarios, how does amcon's may charge us for exchange rates or is that also similar to credit cards or alipay unfavorable rates?

Cheers!

the sound bar looks nice.. wads the damage?

this is so chio!! super like! :good:

yamaha is a good brand too~

ye ayamaha is a good brand. whats the dmg? adelphi ah?

Thanks guys. Hope it will turn out well.

Bought from Amazon. Damage USD199.99 Free Shipping.

Too good a deal to say no to. :deal:

Hi ocean eleven,

May I ask the difference between dealing direct with taobao(credit card) and alipay is credit card has additional 3% charge on top of unfavorable exchange rates for both purchase methods?

If we're to purchase big ticket items like sofas and dining sets, it would be more cost effective to engage amcon to purchase on our behalf and pay them the rmb50 for per transaction? But the risk of having refunds is a more tedious process? If such scenarios, how does amcon's may charge us for exchange rates or is that also similar to credit cards or alipay unfavorable rates?

Cheers!

Direct Taobao credit card seems to add some additional surcharge to the amount. Had not really look deep enough into it, once see the add up, I shunt it.

Dont know anything about Alipay Credit card as I did not explore this option. Again the exchange rates must be unfavorable.

You are right to say if purchasing expansive items, pay Amcon RMB50 per link is more worth it, provided the exchange rate from them is better comparing to Alipay and Credit Cards. If rates are the same, then you are simply paying RMB50 for same item. Rates wise have to check with them.

If dealing with lemon purchase via Amcon, imagine this way, if you approach seller and seller ask you to produce transaction details/code/number, you have to go back to Amcon. Seller may not entertain you and Amcon may just try to help, but with no guarantee as well.

You purchase, ball is in your hand, you decide and you dictate.

Hi ocean eleven, I want to ask you more about the city gas heater. Is there like a minimum charge by pub or something? And I heard the gas can also be used for dryer no? Your place is really big btw! And nice color combi for both toilets my layout is very weird have to hack some walls here and there and worse can't watch tv while eating due to the seperately dining and living. Yours is long and open which is the best I feel :) guessing yours is somewhat ready and can move in soon huh?

Hi ocean eleven, I want to ask you more about the city gas heater. Is there like a minimum charge by pub or something? And I heard the gas can also be used for dryer no? Your place is really big btw! And nice color combi for both toilets my layout is very weird have to hack some walls here and there and worse can't watch tv while eating due to the seperately dining and living. Yours is long and open which is the best I feel :) guessing yours is somewhat ready and can move in soon huh?

What do you mean buy minimum charge? You meant future bills?

Yes, gas can be used for dryer as well. Visit the Citygas web site for more details, there are difference gas heater there available.

Currently they are on promotion bundle in with one dryer but only 1 and only 1 model of dryer.

I choose the largest capacity Ferroli Prima FE10 model for the bigger capacity to cater for rain shower.

Remember, you have to call City Gas to shut off your gas supply prior to reno work, else anything happen, liability is your. Cost is $60, I think. :curse:

If you are keen to install, call City Gas, tell them the model you want and inform them that your ID will call back to settle date of installation.

Of cos provided your ID is willing to do it for he will know best how the piping to be run for both gas and water due to carpentry etc.

• Like 1

Oh, our vinyl flooring colours are quite similar.

Anyway, on the topic of common and master bathroom usage arrangements, my wife and I agreed that she will primarily use the master while I use the common one. In fact, we made it a point to have both bathrooms done up exactly the same.

Hi OceanEleven, regarding the Yamaha soundbar no issues with the voltage? :) Was thinking of purchasing too haha.

Anything from the US will have voltage issue but can be solve with a transformer costing $20 from self fix stores.

All you need to know what transformer to buy, else shop can also advice you.

Though sounds like inconvenience but the savings is tremendous. Off the site of Courts etc, this model is going for SGD899.

And now from Amazon with free shipping, going for less than SGD$260. So it is definitely worth it.

Oh, our vinyl flooring colours are quite similar.

Anyway, on the topic of common and master bathroom usage arrangements, my wife and I agreed that she will primarily use the master while I use the common one. In fact, we made it a point to have both bathrooms done up exactly the same.

It is a nice and warm colour, giving a pretty cosy feel, right?

For us, master bath likely keep it dry, more like the wife's make up area. Big, small, shower likely in the common bath till more members in the family.

Dont quite fancy the "fragrance" from big biz lingering in the MBR. Also moisture from shower may pose a problem.

So gonna do up a little on both bath with a decent vaintiy top and some shelving if possible.

Anything from the US will have voltage issue but can be solve with a transformer costing $20 from self fix stores.

All you need to know what transformer to buy, else shop can also advice you.

Though sounds like inconvenience but the savings is tremendous. Off the site of Courts etc, this model is going for SGD899.

And now from Amazon with free shipping, going for less than SGD$260. So it is definitely worth it.

haha yup understand that issue but wonder how high a transformer you need to get for a speaker. $20 was for the 100w one I used for the Vornado fan.

haha yup understand that issue but wonder how high a transformer you need to get for a speaker. $20 was for the 100w one I used for the Vornado fan.

Bring the specs for the items to the shop and sales can advice. Am currently not too sure about what transformer to use as well. :bleah: