Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Sponge mop? hmm, thanks for the great tip again!

Always great to hear from the veteran...was trying a new cotton mop today and the cotton bits actually get left on the floor.

Am using 3m PVA Scotch Brite mop. Kinda costly but cheaper than those bucket and mop type. Approx. SGD20++. Available at NTUC.

Cotton mop need a few mops before the loose cotton strands are cleared. Dont fancy them as the traps hairs easily and hate the removing part.

Mop.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Legrand Mallia Switches

Mallia come with small LED indicator, off when switch is on and light up when switch is off.

LED sold separately at $2.00 each. There are only 3 colours on stock.

Forgot the name but mainly, 2 shades of silver and white.

You can mix and match the "cover" and switch but once chosen & paid, non exchangeable.

Bought from Choo Chiang Marketing. Google for their location.

Switch11.jpg

Switch9.jpg

Switch2.jpg

Edited by OceanEleven

• Like 1

did you buy these yourself or your electrician get for you ?

I bought these myself. Electrician calculated the amount needed.

Mind sharing the cost of the switches?

1 gang 1 way is about $3 and 3 gang 2 way is approx. $15.

For actual pricing please call them and check.

• Like 1

Am using 3m PVA Scotch Brite mop. Kinda costly but cheaper than those bucket and mop type. Approx. SGD20++. Available at NTUC.

Cotton mop need a few mops before the loose cotton strands are cleared. Dont fancy them as the traps hairs easily and hate the removing part.

Mop.jpg

kam sia, kam sia...this is really a good starting point. I will go check it out! was vacuuming up the loose cotton bits..arggh!

HOLY CRAP thats ALOT of taobao stuff!!

Can't wait to see your post about the items you ordered.

Your balcony looks really nice now, especially with the flooring lines leading out to it. Makes it look inviting.

And great point about cleaning up before laying of the flooring. It's something that I didnt consider but I'll definitely do it now.

I have not used such sponge mop before. Is it better than the normal mop?

Mop.jpg

that's a huge amount of TB loot

HOLY CRAP thats ALOT of taobao stuff!!

Can't wait to see your post about the items you ordered.

Your balcony looks really nice now, especially with the flooring lines leading out to it. Makes it look inviting.

And great point about cleaning up before laying of the flooring. It's something that I didnt consider but I'll definitely do it now.

Wah Wah WAHHHH~~~!!!

Din know u buy until soooooooooooooooooooooo much stuff from TB !

cant wait to see u sharing all your loots :good:

OMG !!!

so many stuff.. you can open shop already.

do post pictures of your purchases

Thanks guys, it looks like a lot but actually are due to packaging and wooden crates.

Bought some lighting, some which I shared earlier, a sink, a basin, Grohe mixer, shower, taps, facuets, 2 study table, 3 side tables, books, 1 small cabinet, 1 swivel dressing mirror,and many other small items.

I have not used such sponge mop before. Is it better than the normal mop?

The normal cotton type, take a fair bit of effort to dry for mopping (without the spin dry bucket type) else not drying off excess water will get a wet floor.

This is bad for laminate floor and glossy tiles. Also the strands tend to get stuck with furniture, pulling and tugging will bald the mop pretty fast.

New cotton mop tends to have cotton fibers when new, often leaving fibers behind and require a break in time.

Further to that, hair and small particles get entangle easily due to cotton fiber. Removing the hair is definitely a hair rising encounter for me. :angry2:

The sponge type, however offers a different way of mopping. Draining excess water is easy, there is a lever, all you have to do is to pull and let go.

Excess water will be squeeze out, this will leave the floor drying quickly. The sponge itself is highly absorbent, good for spills and splashes.

Hair and small particle stick onto the sponge easily but if particle are too big, ,may not be able to "stick" up.

Cleaning is just like the usual mop, rinse in a pail of water and all "sticked" will be washed off.

However, hair will still entangle but it is much more easier to remove compare to cotton mop.

Despite that I felt the sponge mop is better, it does comes with some shortcoming.

Sponge mop mops in a push and pull or forward backward motion while cotton mop offers more free play.

Cotton mops can access narrow areas much better than sponge mop due to size and mopping motion.

Also sponge mop will have more resistance when mopping flooring with grains.

Anyway I still prefer sponge mop's hassle free usage despite costlier but still cheaper than those cotton and bucket type,