Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

You may want to freelance to fix all others' TB with your extensive experience now... :D

That way, your black and decker will be fully utilized too!!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Bro OceanEleven... may i know roughly how many metre cube was inccured for that amount of taobao loot?

Approx. 3 cubic meter in all.

Well done, OceanEleven! They look nice, as does your flooring.

Thanks for the compliment. Side table look fine from far, close up can spot quite a fair bit of blemishes.

Wife and ID choose the color for the flooring. Thank God it turns out fine. :dancingqueen:

Swivel Mirror: Overall quality is pretty good. The paint work is even and finishing is up to standard.

Again no installation manual attached nor on the seller's site. A little CSI solve the issue as there are not complicated parts

Installation is pretty straight forward and can be done by ne self thought a little tricky.

The packaging is good. With Styrofoam internal and simple wooden crate on the outside.

As seen, item arrived unscathed.

20140526_165202.jpg

20140526_165228.jpg

how many ratings was the seller for the small tables?

the swivel mirror idea is great!

Didnt bother to check again. No point crying over spilled milk.

So far my experience is buying from Tmall is definitely better than Taobao.

Like the swivel mirror, proper packaging, styrofoam and crated on the outside.

The small side tables are ta bao like your local nasi lemak. Card board wrap over the parts and tape with impossible amount of tapes. :angry2:

Love ur Floors..if only Mrs was Ok wif Dark colors,i would be as Happy as u Ocean Bro 😪

Too bad had to settle with White Vinyl floors 😪😪

You may want to freelance to fix all others' TB with your extensive experience now... :D

That way, your black and decker will be fully utilized too!!!

Never a good job to begin with so better to struggle with mine own. :P

Love ur Floors..if only Mrs was Ok wif Dark colors,i would be as Happy as u Ocean Bro

Too bad had to settle with White Vinyl floors

White Vinyl is nice, kinda very close to a Scandinavian feel.

However, much has to be taken into consideration for the walls' color, carpentry and any feature wall.

Any off combination will result a feel that left much to be desire.

My ID told me to create an impact, either dark walls and light floor or vice versa.

Dark walls makes the overall look a little heavy and of course darker and pose a challenge in selection of furniture.

So my best best is dark floor and light color walls. :sport-smiley-004:

Another factor that put me off light color flooring is the visibility of practically everything.

Strands of hair is the straw that breaks the camel back for me. :angry2:

Carpentry and 3D Drawing

My ID Mr Foo, is one who can conjure out simple 3D hand drawing without twitching his eyebrow.

This is very important during discussion for reno work. Verbal discussion can only show so much while a picture paint a thousand words.

But one issue, dont expect those fanciful 3D colored drawings from him, not that he is incapable of but both of us deem it as redundant.

In most cases, your ID is not the one who is doing the 3D, either in house colleague doing it or outsource to a 3rd party.

I heard the going rate can be as high as $150 per drawing. So imagine if you have 4 pcs of 3D, the cost is pretty high.

And of cos, these are not charged but actually "absorbed" into the overall reno cost.

Why I dont like 3D drawings. mainly they dont reflect things I want and time wasting.

Often I see 3D drawings adding unnecessary features which I dont have or will not have.

Commonly seen is the vase of flowers on the WC, pebbles under the toilet vanity, paintings, stools/chairs you will never buy and the list goes on.

Sometimes, if one look hard enough, the 3D drawing's view is from an almost impossible angle. ie looking in "into" house.

Or the viewer must be standing in the walls to have such a view.

I have heard many cases that starting of work had been delayed due to waiting for 3D, amending of 3D.

Had a friend who insisted on 3D drawing to the dot and 2 months after signing the contract, still pending final 3D drawings.

Needless to say, the kopi sessions we had, circled around his bitching of the whole saga.

So for me, a clean simple 3D is sufficed. I just need a good look at the layout, the shape and design.

The same set of carpentry with different laminate will offer different look and feel, however the shape and size will remain the same.

Likewise for washrooms. A WC is a WC, most are oval, or a little oblong but never trapezium or octagon.

Some has shower screens and vanity top and mirror, so in general all things are the same with not much of a variation.

I doubt you will find one with a TV feature wall to mount a 42". So by and large, 3D drawing?

Nonetheless, there are folks who prefer to have a better idea of the general look, feeling more comfy to know what is coming.

By all means please do so and request for 3D drawings. Different folks, different strokes. :lol:

• Like 1

Often I see 3D drawings adding unnecessary features which I dont have or will not have.

Commonly seen is the vase of flowers on the WC, pebbles under the toilet vanity, paintings, stools/chairs you will never buy and the list goes on.

Sometimes, if one look hard enough, the 3D drawing's view is from an almost impossible angle. ie looking in "into" house.

Or the viewer must be standing in the walls to have such a view.

Agree with you. Apart from viewing from impossible angles, the areas and spaces are generally exaggerated and shown to be larger than actual. A toilet can look so big that it can accommodate a large size tub with extra space for you to dance around but in reality, it is already a squeeze with a small tub and you have problems opening the toilet door!

Even in this RT forum, I see many 3D drawings quite different from the actual outcome.

But 3D drawings may be useful to those who otherwise cannot visualise. But need to remember these are like show flats and artist's impressions.

• Like 1

Agree with you. Apart from viewing from impossible angles, the areas and spaces are generally exaggerated and shown to be larger than actual. A toilet can look so big that it can accommodate a large size tub with extra space for you to dance around but in reality, it is already a squeeze with a small tub and you have problems opening the toilet door!

Even in this RT forum, I see many 3D drawings quite different from the actual outcome.

But 3D drawings may be useful to those who otherwise cannot visualise. But need to remember these are like show flats and artist's impressions.

Couldnt had said it better and of course 3D drawings have the advantage of knowing what is the general outlook.

But the unnecessary "add ons" somethings is really misleading.