Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Hey Ocean11, you do think it's possible to give Amcon the "custom" link provided by the taobao seller stating the negotiated price/customed specifications?

I will like to go thru the nego process and ensuring the right item/color/size myself, but dont wanna go thru the Alipress thingy....

You think can?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Basins for the Washrooms

My SGD35 basin bought locally. It is really small due to orientation of the washroom.

Cost so low as it is left over from a project (according to the shop)

I deemed it as a value buy, how far wrong can one gets when most are also selling white porcelain? :lol:

20140526_171734.jpg

Sink from Taobao. Seem like off the shelf already. Cost RMB335

Just wondering how "TOTO" is it? :D

20140526_165958.jpg

So my 2 sinks cost only approx. SGD105 excluding shipping and GST.

What can I say when SGD105 may not even get half a sink in some shops locally. :sport-smiley-004:

Hey Ocean11, you do think it's possible to give Amcon the "custom" link provided by the taobao seller stating the negotiated price/customed specifications?

I will like to go thru the nego process and ensuring the right item/color/size myself, but dont wanna go thru the Alipress thingy....

You think can?

It may work but you have to monitor closely with Amcon and seller. Call Amcon and ask if they are able to accept such a arrangement.

If Amcon accept, then nego with seller to provide link and please note Amcon WILL NOT check for you when item arrived.

Remember 1cbm is RMB550 plus SGD35 for documentation plus GST plus RMB50 per link bought on your behalf.

So do the math and see if that one item you're buying worth the cost. :)

Thanx Bro Ocean11,

Should be worth it... cos i'm getting a number of large item (big ticket as well).

I think the negotiation and the special url the seller provided should be transparent to Amcon right?

Since all Amcon does is to buy from the links we provided to them, do you think there is still a need to tell Amcon about it?

Hi, not sure if I understood PTopaz's question correctly. We bought our TB items ourselves, negotiated with the sellers on the exact colours, dimensions etc and paid using a DBS credit card. Of course the exchange rate wasn't superb but it was convenient. And then we got all the sellers to ship to Amcon. A list of the items purchased, exact specs, prices and seller details were given to Amcon. We had control over the buying process but this required close monitoring & coordination with Amcon. They were really nice in allowing us to store for free at both their China and Singapore warehouse for a few weeks. The only downside is Amcon doesn't check the goods when they arrive at their china warehouse.

Since all Amcon does is to buy from the links we provided to them, do you think there is still a need to tell Amcon about it?

If the link holds and stays till Amcon make the purchase, then you dont have to tell Amcon about it.

Just provide the link to Amcon should suffice.Link wise, seller must confirm it.

Hi, not sure if I understood PTopaz's question correctly. We bought our TB items ourselves, negotiated with the sellers on the exact colours, dimensions etc and paid using a DBS credit card. Of course the exchange rate wasn't superb but it was convenient. And then we got all the sellers to ship to Amcon. A list of the items purchased, exact specs, prices and seller details were given to Amcon. We had control over the buying process but this required close monitoring & coordination with Amcon. They were really nice in allowing us to store for free at both their China and Singapore warehouse for a few weeks. The only downside is Amcon doesn't check the goods when they arrive at their china warehouse.

PTopaz is buying thru Amcon using a special link created by seller. The main issue here will be the validity of the link when Amcon make the purchase.

If the link is there only when nego, then Amcon is unable to use the link to purchase later. So the seller has to verify on this part.

What you had mentioned, is all self control situation. You choose, you buy, you pay. Then shipping address as per what I written earlier.

If you are consolidating, inform Amcon so they will hold the shipment till you give the green light to ship.

When you are ready to ship, you will be ask by Amcon to provide the item description (simple one), quantity and value (for GST).

Note: Items arrives at Amcon warehouse will not have description or a packing list so Amcon will not know what is inside the package.

Items from smaller sellers in Taobao often pack items on whatever they can lay their hands. Eg. clothes hanger in an instant noodle carton.

The close monitoring & coordination with Amcon is almost non- existence in this case.

Only point of contact is 1) Inform to hold for consolidation 2) Supply info details and ready for shipping.

Arrival of purchase can be monitor from your own TB account which will provide update till delivered and signed off.

Hi Bro Makanology,

Thank you for explaining ...appreciate it....

My intend was to just do the nego and confirming with the seller part...

After which, the rest will be handled by Amcon...

Not sure if paying with credit card will be cheaper compared with letting Amcon make the purchase for me will be cheaper though (due to poor exchange rate of credit card)

My preference of letting Amcon to purchase for me if becoz i want to be assured that the payment went thru, and Amcon confirmed that the item is received at their warehouse after the payment is thru.

PTopaz is buying thru Amcon using a special link created by seller. The main issue here will be the validity of the link when Amcon make the purchase.

If the link is there only when nego, then Amcon is unable to use the link to purchase later. So the seller has to verify on this part.

What you had mentioned, is all self control situation. You choose, you buy, you pay. Then shipping address as per what I written earlier.

If you are consolidating, inform Amcon so they will hold the shipment till you give the green light to ship.

When you are ready to ship, you will be ask by Amcon to provide the item description (simple one), quantity and value (for GST).

Note: Items arrives at Amcon warehouse will not have description or a packing list so Amcon will not know what is inside the package.

Items from smaller sellers in Taobao often pack items on whatever they can lay their hands. Eg. clothes hanger in an instant noodle carton.

The close monitoring & coordination with Amcon is almost non- existence in this case.

Only point of contact is 1) Inform to hold for consolidation 2) Supply info details and ready for shipping.

Arrival of purchase can be monitor from your own TB account which will provide update till delivered and signed off.

Oh... you mean Amcon doesnt know if my Item A or item B has arrived?

Then how will they know that all my items has arrived their warehouse before they arrange to ship to Singapore?

I'm banging on them to have accountability on this... thats probably the only reason why i want them to make the purchase for me and paying them the $10 per link...

Else, i dont see why i need them to make the purchase for me...

Edited by PTopaz

Oh... you mean Amcon doesnt know if my Item A or item B has arrived?

Then how will they know that all my items has arrived their warehouse before they arrange to ship to Singapore?

I'm banging on them to have accountability on this... thats probably the only reason why i want them to make the purchase for me and paying them the $10 per link...

Else, i dont see why i need them to make the purchase for me...

PTopaz, I was replying to Makan and not your queries so please read and dont get confuse.

If you are paying Amcon to buy for you, Amocn will monitor the arrival of your item.

If you are paying Amcon to buy 20 items, they will monitor all for you.

However if you are paying Amcon to buy 20 items and you are buying 10 items yourself, then better to inform Amcon you are consolidating.

And then my earlier post apply. :D

Hi Ocean11, mind sharing how water pressure is? Am thinking to get the same.

How much would the total costs be with shipping, GST, etc ship via Amcon? Thanks.

Hi Ocean11, mind sharing how water pressure is? Am thinking to get the same.

How much would the total costs be with shipping, GST, etc ship via Amcon? Thanks.

Yet to be install so dont know about the water pressure. Hand shower should be fine, most who had issues are with the rain shower.

Propose you to read up more and you can easily get the information you want.

Amcon cost: RMB550 per cubic meter + SGD35 documentation + GST + item cost.