Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

The normal cotton type, take a fair bit of effort to dry for mopping (without the spin dry bucket type) else not drying off excess water will get a wet floor.

This is bad for laminate floor and glossy tiles. Also the strands tend to get stuck with furniture, pulling and tugging will bald the mop pretty fast.

New cotton mop tends to have cotton fibers when new, often leaving fibers behind and require a break in time.

Further to that, hair and small particles get entangle easily due to cotton fiber. Removing the hair is definitely a hair rising encounter for me. :angry2:

The sponge type, however offers a different way of mopping. Draining excess water is easy, there is a lever, all you have to do is to pull and let go.

Excess water will be squeeze out, this will leave the floor drying quickly. The sponge itself is highly absorbent, good for spills and splashes.

Hair and small particle stick onto the sponge easily but if particle are too big, ,may not be able to "stick" up.

Cleaning is just like the usual mop, rinse in a pail of water and all "sticked" will be washed off.

However, hair will still entangle but it is much more easier to remove compare to cotton mop.

Despite that I felt the sponge mop is better, it does comes with some shortcoming.

Sponge mop mops in a push and pull or forward backward motion while cotton mop offers more free play.

Cotton mops can access narrow areas much better than sponge mop due to size and mopping motion.

Also sponge mop will have more resistance when mopping flooring with grains.

Anyway I still prefer sponge mop's hassle free usage despite costlier but still cheaper than those cotton and bucket type,

I will get both, best of both worlds! :D

Nice loots!!!

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, may I know if you engage Krono directly or through your ID? Can I have the contact pls?

Thanks! :)

My ID intro Krono O to me but he asked me to deal directly.

You can look for Jason, the sales manager. They have a showroom at the below address.

Best approach is to see the real deal but contact Jason beforehand if the particular design you want is available in showroom.

Bring along your floor plan and they can give you a budgetary quote base on floor plan but final cost is base on usage.

I would say they offer a pretty good price compare to Evorich. :good:

63 Hillview Avenue

#03-08 Lam Soon Building

Singapore 669569

Tel: +65 6219 9879

If you are buying small furniture from Taobao, you may want to invest a little on some small tools

The orange Black & Decker been with me for 10 years, sparingly use though.

20140526_164746-1.jpg

20140526_164858.jpg

Result of tools and labour.

Using them as foyer tables, not the best of quality, cant say fixing is a breeze.

Matter of fact a little pain in the axx. No instructions manual but only each part are labour.

Some parts are blemished or dented, likely due to poor packaging.

Anyway, you pay peanuts, you get monkey. Lesson learnt. Not that are unusable but definitely can do better. :angry2:

20140526_161919.jpg

Edited by OceanEleven

How long did u take to fix these tables? I cant believe they didnt come with instruction manual..now I am worried :o

Most of the items from TB do not come with an instruction manual.

Some will have the information on its product when you scroll down

Result of tools and labour.

Using them as foyer tables, not the best of quality, cant say fixing is a breeze.

Matter of fact a little pain in the axx. No instructions manual but only each part are labour.

Some parts are blemished or dented, likely due to poor packaging.

Anyway, you pay peanuts, you get money. Lesson learnt. Not that are unusable but definitely can do better. :angry2:

20140526_161919.jpg

Well done, OceanEleven! They look nice, as does your flooring.

How long did u take to fix these tables? I cant believe they didnt come with instruction manual..now I am worried :o

Take a couple of hours. You have figure out the parts a little.

Once you managed to fix one, the rest are easier.

Such furniture require quite a bit of screwing.

Having a power tool helps a lot.

Most of the items from TB do not come with an instruction manual.

Some will have the information on its product when you scroll down

True also. Though not all will have this.

Sometimes you have to refer to the product picture to figure out which piece goes where.

For me personally the most irritating part is a bag of screws of various sizes with no indication of which goes where.

your orange black and decker set looks brand new! definitely doesn't look 10 years old. how did you maintain them so well?

The lack of usage plus storing in cool dry place helps with the look.

Of course cleaning any oil or water after use helps too.