Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Wanted a bigger place for living, not that current place running out of space but simply prefer a bigger one.

Had always been living in the west side, so after years being away, time to move "Back to the West".

Searching for the right unit had not been a breeze but not that tough either.

Mainly due to wanting a big unit hence the limitation of choices.

Big units are pretty scarce plus location is another factor to consider as well.

Did thought about EM but the 2 storey kind of turn us off, call us lazy if you want.

Personally I find EM had certain restrictions in changing the layout and living space planning.

Though the area in excess of 140m2 is appealing but the staircase takes away a fair bit of space.

Also EM units don’t seem to come in high floors or in the west side at least.

Moving on, after one and a half months viewing 5 units in all, a new listing was made known to us.

Headed down to the unit for viewing. Overall condition is acceptable.

About 10mins walk to MRT, reasonable mid high floor, living room and all rooms facing a park area.

A good distance from the opposite block, separate by the park.

Time to do the math and think hard.

• Like 2

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

All the best in your decision bro, take your time to consider but not too long less it gets snapped up by someone else! Do share your joy by updating us upon successfully clinching your unit.

Cheers.

Throughout the viewings, we’ve come across many other viewers. One thing never fail to fascinate me are some of the comments and remarks made about the unit they are viewing and mind you, some are pretty negative. Kinda beats me, if the unit is not suitable, why not simply move on rather than passing caustic remarks. No one is forcing them to make a decision; afterall this is someone’s home. Show some respect.

Making decision isnt a tough matter but parting with hard earn cash is.

Deliberating isn’t gonna help and after smashing the last piggy bank, the sums does balance.

So there goes with the decision to go ahead with purchase. Signed the OTP and on course for the retirement home in mind.

Here goes the floor plan. We have no particular theme in mind but a little more towards Scandinavian and rustic look,

Storage is the crucial point for us. We wanted lots of storage, to keep big luggages and household items away from sight.

We will do away with the balcony despite the balcony is facing a small park area.

Our lifestyles tells us that we are not those who will sit at the balcony and enjoy a cuppa type of folks.

If we keep it, likelihood it is gonna become another drying clothes area.

Considering rain and dust, balcony will degrade to another cleaning area.

Despite open concept kitchen is enticing but we are not gonna do it as well.

We wanted a study room, so we will be building up a wall for the study area hence also no open concept kitchen.

k598.jpg

You can still have an open kitchen and a study. Just that the study will be smaller. Depends on what you want and how you configure the space. Ask the ID to propose.

Finally started ur t blog bro! Congrats. Looks big n long for living, kitchen n rooms. This is EA rite? How big is it?

Is there a window at the study area? If not, building a wall on the study but without windows seems kinda stuffy.

U can still have an open kitchen. Do away with that kitchen wall, build an L shaped sliding doors where u can open up for a bigger living space n open concept kitchen or close them to have some privacy in the study. 2 in 1! :D

You can still have an open kitchen and a study. Just that the study will be smaller. Depends on what you want and how you configure the space. Ask the ID to propose.

Is there a window at the study area? If not, building a wall on the study but without windows seems kinda stuffy.

U can still have an open kitchen. Do away with that kitchen wall, build an L shaped sliding doors where u can open up for a bigger living space n open concept kitchen or close them to have some privacy in the study. 2 in 1! :D

Hi Guys, thanks for the input. Despite being an EA, it is only a mere 132m2.

Took the place for the location, near parents place,mid high floor and of course, the approval of many "ministers".

Study room is planned for 2 working stations, to fit 2 tables and book cabinets, so it must be of substantial size.

There is a window, opening to the aircon ledge, so the study area will not so stuffy.

Only setback after raising the wall - the area in front of the kitchen entrance will be pretty dark as the only natural light source is from the balcony.

No open concept kitchen also due to wanting top & bottom kitchen cabinets, current place is having about 15 feet of top & bottom and already running out of space.

Looking at the kitchen, to squeeze in a stove, sink, fridge and oven seems to be a tall order given only 4m length.

Not forgetting items like microwave, rice cooker,maybe a coffee machine etc.

No point having an open concept kitchen, while displaying so many appliances, making the kitchen look cluttered and messy.

One can argue to keep the appliances when not using but alas to keep where when open concept significantly reduces at least 9 feet of top cabinet?

ooh the papa bear! how much and where? Congrats btw, you've just opened the floodgate of purchases :good: Many more to come!

ooh the papa bear! how much and where? Congrats btw, you've just opened the floodgate of purchases :good: Many more to come!

Was loitering around after First appointment. Went down to Comfort Design, nothing really caught my eye over there.

Though I must admit there is a pretty handsome collection of chairs to try on.

Suddenly remember this seeing this place somewhere. Google the place and head straight there.

The place is Posh Home. Not an extremely large showroom but decent enough to display many tasty pieces.

Folks into industrial look should check out their working areas, the cupboards and shelf are rustic and fit industrial to the dot.

Mark, the friendly owner said these are hand made by themselves.

Then the Papa Bear caught my eye. Last and display piece though, standing proudly and shouting for me to rest on it.

Tried both the Eames lounge chair and Papa Bear, surprisingly, Papa Bear won me over and the rest is history.

http://posh-home.com/index.php/lounge/lounge/ta285-the-teddy-bear-chair.html

Thanks for the lead! Just had a quick browse, and it does look like they carry some nice stuff which incidentally I've also seen on taobao, the only difference being you can see, touch and feel the actual furniture. Might head down one day since we are still looking for a lounge chair.

I suppose you will be buying more stuff from that store? Their prices seem reasonable :yeah:

I suppose you will be buying more stuff from that store? Their prices seem reasonable :yeah:

Would very much like to though but since moving in from current place, gonna bring along old furnitures then.

Indeed there some tasty looking pieces over there. Not on web are display there, better call to check before heading down.