Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Shopping in Taobao and Tmall is quite fun. Especially the bargaining part.

Just bought a mirror, after bargaining,managed to bring down the price by RMB42.

Another saving that goes to other things. :thumbs up:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

how do u bargain? by using the app n contact the seller? then seller will create a new page for u to purchase the item at new price?

Am curious too ...

To chat with the seller, you have to download Taobao/Tmall chat ware Ali Wang Wang (阿里旺旺).

From there you can contact seller with queries you have. Eg. if you are buying a few items, you can bargain for a better price.

Just note that so far all my discussion are conducted in Chinese, means typing in Hanyu Pinying, may post a challenge to some though.

Upon agreeing the price, you submit your order, the seller will then amend the price for you by sending a new window with the new pricing.

Click and pay accordingly.

OH i always chat with seller but never tried bargaining before.. so wad mirror r u getting? for bathroom or living room?

Bargaining is subjective, not all things I bargain for. Normally is when they charge a shipping fee to China warehouse or when I am buy 2 or more pricey items.

If you are buying a second time, you can also try bargaining a little.

I bought a full height dressing mirror. Slim slender type for the MBR,

Thinking of buying that Dalen light (The one which can change yellow and white) each costing around $200 SGD.

If I buy 3 do you think I shd try bargain ... LoL ~

Thinking of buying that Dalen light (The one which can change yellow and white) each costing around $200 SGD.

If I buy 3 do you think I shd try bargain ... LoL ~

That is a pretty hefty purchase. With almost RMB3000, I can almost cover living, dining, kitchen and maybe even the 2 toilets with some decent lighting.

Of course not those pricey or fanciful lights though. Matter of fact, the ones I am looking at now for living and dining are approx. RMB500 each only.

hmm wad kind of light will u put in your toilets?

Still looking. Up to personal preference. Can be a normal ceiling light, pendant light or even a mini chandelier.

Mainly depends on how much you willing to spend and how are you trying to achieve.

The interchangeable lights are for living room (x2) and MBR (This is so that can use to change the mood when needed and save spacing for lighting & no false ceiling)...

The rest will mostly use normal Philips LED ceiling lights...

juz wondering bathroom & kitchen (x2) usually use how many watts ? Bedroom i know is around 36

juz wondering bathroom & kitchen (x2) usually use how many watts ? Bedroom i know is around 36

Think 15-20 Watts should do the job. Slightly brighter is ok cos the light are not on all the time.

So far tiling of the toilets and kitchen are done. Currently running wires and cables for the house.

Electrical needs some planning especially for first time house owner. Numerous issues to consider and this will have a significant impact on the reno budget.

Many failed to realize how costly electrical is and fail to cater a realistic budget for it.

Number of lighting points - depends if you are doing false ceiling, cove lights. Normally false ceiling will come with down light.

One plus point of false ceiling is that it can help to conceal aircon trunkings, wiring etc.

Down light are costly, ranging from $20 or more, even more for LEDs. and each down light is consider as a lighting point.

So add the cost up - eg. down light cost $30, lighting point $35, installing $10 = $75, imagine if you have 20 of these.

Also have not add in the cost of the false ceiling.

13A Power Point - The price difference between one and double power point is a mere $10-$20, so most owners will go for double at a given point.

Then it is the cost of a double point that is the killer. Prices ranges from $60 or more per double. So if you place gonna install 15 double point, you know your math.

Data Point - Averages from $110 up. Average house need 4 points if doing structure cabling.

TV Point - eg. $90 per point, if all rooms need one, mean times 3.

Telephone Point - Also in the tens of dollars, can be $50 or more but may not be need in all rooms since most if not all uses HP. Unless fax is needed.

Then the rest there are aircon point, 2 way switches, installation of fan, installation of lights, hood & hob point etc subject to needs and want.

Some prefer different switches like Clipsal, Legrand, schneider etc and so the price snowball.....

Time to bring out the calculator......

Remember, each lighting point is counted as one point.

So if you choose a pendant light that needs 3 pcs of it to achieve that aesthetic look means you are paying 3 x lighting point and 3 x light installation.

2 way switches are a must in some houses due to layout. No one wants to off the living room light where the switch is near the main door and only to walk thru the darkness to the bed room.

So beware and be prepare. :bow:

• Like 2

So far tiling of the toilets and kitchen are done. Currently running wires and cables for the house.

Electrical needs some planning especially for first time house owner. Numerous issues to consider and this will have a significant impact on the reno budget.

Many failed to realize how costly electrical is and fail to cater a realistic budget for it.

Number of lighting points - depends if you are doing false ceiling, cove lights. Normally false ceiling will come with down light.

One plus point of false ceiling is that it can help to conceal aircon trunkings, wiring etc.

Down light are costly, ranging from $20 or more, even more for LEDs. and each down light is consider as a lighting point.

So add the cost up - eg. down light cost $30, lighting point $35, installing $10 = $75, imagine if you have 20 of these.

Also have not add in the cost of the false ceiling.

13A Power Point - The price difference between one and double power point is a mere $10-$20, so most owners will go for double at a given point.

Then it is the cost of a double point that is the killer. Prices ranges from $60 or more per double. So if you place gonna install 15 double point, you know your math.

Data Point - Averages from $110 up. Average house need 4 points if doing structure cabling.

TV Point - eg. $90 per point, if all rooms need one, mean times 3.

Telephone Point - Also in the tens of dollars, can be $50 or more but may not be need in all rooms since most if not all uses HP. Unless fax is needed.

Then the rest there are aircon point, 2 way switches, installation of fan, installation of lights, hood & hob point etc subject to needs and want.

Some prefer different switches like Clipsal, Legrand, schneider etc and so the price snowball.....

Time to bring out the calculator......

Remember, each lighting point is counted as one point.

So if you choose a pendant light that needs 3 pcs of it to achieve that aesthetic look means you are paying 3 x lighting point and 3 x light installation.

2 way switches are a must in some houses due to layout. No one wants to off the living room light where the switch is near the main door and only to walk thru the darkness to the bed room.

So beware and be prepare. :bow:

Very detailed :good:

Time for choosing flooring. At the very beginning, already decide to go for laminates but then learnt of vinyl in the market.

So did some study and realize perhaps vinyl may be a better option after all.

As mine is a resale unit, the flooring are laminate, after removing, the previous layer of tiles are revealed.

This is perfect for overlaying with vinyl, no need for hacking, no need for leveling and no need for cement screeding as well.

In a way, there is some savings for myself.

So why vinyl over laminates. Simple reason, it looks like wood but without the wood properties.

Laminates are not exactly waterproof. If water are left on laminates, it will absorb and swell over time.

Laminates are also more hollow when step on and not as resistant as vinyl.

Vinyl needs no skirting but laminates is a must due to contract expand properties of wood. so there is always a small gap at the edge of the wall.

Hence skirting are needed to cover up this gap. From what I understand, replace a defect piece of vinyl is easier than laminate.

For vinyl, simply replace the defect one while laminate have to start from the wall nearest to the defect piece.

There are concern of vinyl emitting poisonous gas but local brands have this covered.

Most had sent to relevant authorities and pass the requirement test. The gas concerned here is formaldehyde which is harmful especially to children.

Passing the test does not mean no gas but more likely means within an acceptable level. No brand will be "champion" to tell you no gas whatsoever.

Then and again, if we cant do anything about the annual haze, why the concern about these, let alone the daily fumes fro the traffic.

Another plus point about vinyl that appeals to me is the texture and grooves, it provides friction prevent slipping when wet and feels great like wood.

Next time shall go a little on the brands and pricing. :lol:

• Like 3