Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Payment to Taobao or Tmall

Paying to TB and Tmall has always been a pain in the xxx. The more direct approach is buying thru agent but then agent charged a fee that sometimes makes the item no longer attractive. Eg. Peeka charges a 5% or min $5. If the item is low value, it is more contemptible to use such service. Not to forget, Peeka allow only up to 3 orders consolidation.

So another way is to use Credit Cards, which personally I avoid at all cost.

This, firstly due to the unfavorable exchange rate and the 3% additional surcharge as well.

So what can we do then? We can use Alipay. All you have to do is to register an Alipay account, now Alipay can even accept Singapore mobile. This is a safety security function, when paying, Alipay will send a 6 digit pin SMS to you r mobile for payment. To top up to Alipay, we can use AXS machine, to purchase Alipay Purchase Card, choosing from RMB200, 500 and 1000 to. You will have to enter your email and contact. Receipt will be issued and email sent.

The email as follow:

Please find your Alipay Purchase Card transaction details below. Transaction Date/Time : 2014-02-09 10:51:29 Amount Paid : SGD $218.70 Card Value : RMB 1000 Card Serial No. : 800300xxxxxxxxxx Card PIN : 2xxxxx Email address : abc123@gmail.com Contact No : 9xxxxxxx

Also included are the instructions to top up in Alipay. Sounds easy right? But there are dome shortcomings as well too.

1) Unfavourable exchange rate charged. On this part, one has to do your own math, whether to buy thru agent and pay the fees/surcharge or thru this method.

2) Money top up cannot be refunded. So there will always be balance in the account. So it is better to plan and count how much you need before you top up.

Personally, I will still use this method. At least I get to control what I spend, know how much I have; TB account will have record what I had bought.

If received a super big lemon, I can deal direct with seller. Thru agent, there is no record unless agent able to retrieve for you but this will involve agent details such as payment, accounts etc. Any refund is also back to payee and not you. Long and tedious I feel.

Wishing all “Happy Shopping!”. :sport-smiley-003:

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Is the 3% surcharge is imposed by TB sellers ?

Paying to TB and Tmall has always been a pain in the xxx. The more direct approach is buying thru agent but then agent charged a fee that sometimes makes the item no longer attractive. Eg. Peeka charges a 5% or min $5. If the item is low value, it is more contemptible to use such service. Not to forget, Peeka allow only up to 3 orders consolidation.

This, firstly due to the unfavorable exchange rate and the 3% additional surcharge as well.

So what can we do then? We can use Alipay. All you have to do is to register an Alipay account, now Alipay can even accept Singapore mobile. This is a safety security function, when paying, Alipay will send a 6 digit pin SMS to you r mobile for payment. To top up to Alipay, we can use AXS machine, to purchase Alipay Purchase Card, choosing from RMB200, 500 and 1000 to. You will have to enter your email and contact. Receipt will be issued and email sent.

The email as follow:

Please find your Alipay Purchase Card transaction details below. Transaction Date/Time : 2014-02-09 10:51:29 Amount Paid : SGD $218.70 Card Value : RMB 1000 Card Serial No. : 800300xxxxxxxxxx Card PIN : 2xxxxx Email address : abc123@gmail.com Contact No : 9xxxxxxx

Also included are the instructions to top up in Alipay. Sounds easy right? But there are dome shortcomings as well too.

1) Unfavourable exchange rate charged. On this part, one has to do your own math, whether to buy thru agent and pay the fees/surcharge or thru this method.

2) Money top up cannot be refunded. So there will always be balance in the account. So it is better to plan and count how much you need before you top up.

Personally, I will still use this method. At least I get to control what I spend, know how much I have; TB account will have record what I had bought.

If received a super big lemon, I can deal direct with seller. Thru agent, there is no record unless agent able to retrieve for you but this will involve agent details such as payment, accounts etc. Any refund is also back to payee and not you. Long and tedious I feel.

The email as follow:

Nice and detailed writeup Ocean. :good: So who did you use to send the goods over to Singapore? Have you received them yet? :P

How about a white one for a change?

WhiteTap.jpg

eh? How come the water comes from the top of the tap? New design? What's the white material- Acrylic?

Edited by koori

eh? How come the water comes from the top of the tap? New design? What's the white material- Acrylic?

Think this is something a little new in the Chinese market. The flow mouth can be rotated 180 deg or 360 deg.

I believe the tap can swivel as well, unlike the conventional "fixed" type. :notti: