Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Songz

3 Room Resale

mavicaste

Hi Songz,

dropping by to say hi.

Since its a resale unit and you have the option of hacking the bathroom flooring and tiles, I feel you should take the opportunity to revamp the bathroom, give it a soothing ambience and include those wall cavities for toiletries. The kitchen and bathroom are my priorities but since my unit is new, I do not have the luxury of doing so.

I am not sure how I wish to do my house but like what you said, I am confirming doing the bathroom

The current MBR bathroom is too small and I need to shift the vanity out to enable my shower to be installed in

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

When doing the assessment of the quotation, cheapest may not always be bad and vice versa.

This post might be helpful to you http://diva79.blogspot.sg/2011/03/hidden-costs-in-renovation-quotes.html

That is a lot of useful information from your links by just glancing through. :good:

Thanks a lot, will read it up and maybe even follow the checklist and etc... :deal:

18K COV :jawdrop:

Feel that the price is on the higher end.

The bathroom is a must do as shower is not available and a bit squeeze thus the basin need to shift out

We shifted our vanity basin out too. Even then, the bathroom is still not big enough for a shower screen. We've always wanted big bathrooms but there were just too many other pros to the unit, for which we decided to accept the bathroom sizes.

By the way, for flooring, have you heard of vinyl flooring? We passed by an office at Tat Ann Building yesterday and had a touch and feel of different samples. Website here. Apparently it's non-porous, unlike laminate. We would've used it if not for the fact that the floor tiles in our unit are totally ancient.

We shifted our vanity basin out too. Even then, the bathroom is still not big enough for a shower screen. We've always wanted big bathrooms but there were just too many other pros to the unit, for which we decided to accept the bathroom sizes.

By the way, for flooring, have you heard of vinyl flooring? We passed by an office at Tat Ann Building yesterday and had a touch and feel of different samples. Website here. Apparently it's non-porous, unlike laminate. We would've used it if not for the fact that the floor tiles in our unit are totally ancient.

Thanks for the link but I am still more inclined to floor tiles for the whole housing.

By the way I will mostly be increasing my bathroom space out into my MBR, will post some floor planning pictures out when I am more free

(Hope it will help some of the people who is currently planning their layout - Stay Tuned ~ )

My friend have told me the same thing about being too cheap is dangerous.

Thanks so much for the information, definitely will go to the websites and esp that link to take a look :good:

For my case I am not joining the 2 toilets as what you have bring out which I totally agree.

U can still consider combining the common & MBR toilets into one with acess frm both the MBR & toilet. U could lock the toilet door tt opens to the MBR from the MBR so that guest could not access to ur MBR frm the toilet. Hv come across a RT forumer who did it. Like tt u could create a vanity and shower screen in the otherwise small toilets separately..

Edited by jus4fun

U can still consider combining the common & MBR toilets into one with acess frm both the MBR & toilet. U could lock the toilet door tt opens to the MBR from the MBR so that guest could not access to ur MBR frm the toilet. Hv come across a RT forumer who did it. Like tt u could create a vanity and shower screen in the otherwise small toilets separately..

Thanks for the suggestion but I prefer to keep it to 2 toilets instead of 1.

(*Finally solve the posting picture error)

Edited by Songz

Floor Plan (Idea 1)

11923797076_2c51b8fe8f_b.jpg

*Note :

Enlarge bathroom 2ft out into MBR

Storeroom is hacked away for wardrobe

Storeroom is remade into kitchen area

Please give comments or any improvement on the above.

Edited by Songz

I really like 3 room layouts - hope you dont mind my comments!

Extending the MBR toilet is good idea. Though I would just "move" the sink outside, rather than create new walls. If feasible, might be simpler and less cost.

What's the rationale for the storeroom in the kitchen? I feel that location might block the light and make the place look smaller. Also if dining table is too long, the space to walk from dining to kitchen might be cramped because of this storeroom

Can you place washer and dryer in the utility area? Mostly for noise reason as washer and dryer when running, can affect ur TV enjoyment heh.

Maybe utility area can be the "store" area by building some full height cabinets.

I really like 3 room layouts - hope you dont mind my comments!

Extending the MBR toilet is good idea. Though I would just "move" the sink outside, rather than create new walls. If feasible, might be simpler and less cost.

What's the rationale for the storeroom in the kitchen? I feel that location might block the light and make the place look smaller. Also if dining table is too long, the space to walk from dining to kitchen might be cramped because of this storeroom

Can you place washer and dryer in the utility area? Mostly for noise reason as washer and dryer when running, can affect ur TV enjoyment heh.

Maybe utility area can be the "store" area by building some full height cabinets.

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into the costing of extending the bathroom / fake wall with vanity shift pricing. - Reason of extending is not wanting the shower water to hit the bathroom door as it is quite small

Washer and Dryer location thing may also shift if the noise will affect the MBR (Maybe behind the Sink area / don't do a L and put the washer and dryer) - The reason for placing there is cause its near the bathroom area

The utility room will mostly be used in the future thus not going to use it as a storeroom.

Edited by Songz

Floor Plan (Idea 1)

11940805624_d816c22933_b.jpg

*Note :

1. Storeroom hack away for MBR with L-Shape Wardrobe

2. Fake Wall (Partition) for Vanity Basin

3. MBR bathroom door got to adjust to Toliet bowl side (Reason : Do not want shower to hit door and wet outside)

4. Storage Cabinet act as Storeroom for storage

Edited by Songz

Floor Plan (Idea 1)

11940805624_d816c22933_b.jpg
*Note :
1. Storeroom hack away for MBR with L-Shape Wardrobe
2. Fake Wall (Partition) for Vanity Basin
3. MBR bathroom door got to adjust to Toliet bowl side (Reason : Do not want shower to hit door and wet outside)
4. Storage Cabinet act as Storeroom for storage

Hi Songz,

Noticed you moved your toilet vanity out to your mbr area. What tiles are you using in your mbr? If tiles still ok, but if it is laminated flooring must be careful of water splashing ;) The man in my home always causes a water puddle after using the sink hence i always make sure i placed a floor mat on the floor to prevent slipping.

i also agree with greghlc to use part of the utility room as storage area so you can utilise the intended storage area in your kitchen now as a cabinet. To make your kitchen look bigger, you may opt for a lower cabinet as well. This is one of the inspirational kitchen that i love from rezt and relax.

gallery_57788_7_60751.jpg

My kitchen ideas also came from this pic :sport-smiley-004:

All the best in your renovation progress! Will be looking out for more updates! When are you starting your renovation? After cny?

Hi Songz,

Noticed you moved your toilet vanity out to your mbr area. What tiles are you using in your mbr? If tiles still ok, but if it is laminated flooring must be careful of water splashing ;) The man in my home always causes a water puddle after using the sink hence i always make sure i placed a floor mat on the floor to prevent slipping.

i also agree with greghlc to use part of the utility room as storage area so you can utilise the intended storage area in your kitchen now as a cabinet. To make your kitchen look bigger, you may opt for a lower cabinet as well. This is one of the inspirational kitchen that i love from rezt and relax.

gallery_57788_7_60751.jpg

My kitchen ideas also came from this pic :sport-smiley-004:

All the best in your renovation progress! Will be looking out for more updates! When are you starting your renovation? After cny?

First of all, that is a very nice picture of the Kitchen :good:

My MBR Will be using homogeneous tiles like the living room. Will try to remember to put a mat there like you said as I think i am the same category as your husband... LoL ~

Will look into putting the storage shelf into the utility room and see how it look.

Thanks for the advise.

One of my friend just told me that MBR door should not face bathroom door due to FengShui.

Does anyone know about this and can share ?

Please advise !! !!

Edited by Songz

• Like 1

KIV the above first when I get a FengShui Master.

Just another thing to check, how much does it cost for a full renovation for a 3 room resale usually (Involved of hacking and cabinet works)