Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Songz

3 Room Resale

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Apron sink means the front part of the sink protrude out, so no tiles required for the front part. I also consider that but it's not easily available in Singapore.

Not much difference I suppose it's just design preference

Like to check with you guys for some information.

As spoken earlier I will be collecting key on the 27th March (Resale Flat) .

After I get the keys what are the main things I need to do ?

(*Eg. Contact SP power / City Gas or etc )

Like to check with you guys for some information.

As spoken earlier I will be collecting key on the 27th March (Resale Flat) .

After I get the keys what are the main things I need to do ?

(*Eg. Contact SP power / City Gas or etc )

Are you going to HDB to complete the resale transaction? If yes, the SP services is just on the extreme left hand corner of the resale waiting area.

HDB gives you a letter to proof that you are now the new owner of the flat, you can just use the letter to go the SP services counter ask to apply for an account. I did it on the same day around 5 pm.

The lady at the counter just gave me a form to fill up. They can check on the computer, so I was informed that the previous owner had water, electricity and gas account in the unit, all meters were outside the unit....so basically that meant I could 'take over' the accounts at the unit.....

The lady also informed me that their technician (or whatever that designation was) will go down to my unit the next day to take readings and cut over. So whatever used before that date was the prior owners, after that was mine. The meters were all outside my unit, so I didn't have to be present when they took the readings.

• Like 1

Apron sink means the front part of the sink protrude out, so no tiles required for the front part. I also consider that but it's not easily available in Singapore.

Not much difference I suppose it's just design preference

Finally understand what is the difference (In brief apron sink eats out to the edge whereas undermount will be within the top).

Thanks a lot for the information

Forgot to mention. If there is already citygas piping in your unit, you need to call Citygas to temporarily stop the gas supply while you are renovating....$60 charges...will be reflected in bill.

So if you don't already have piped gas, might be better to ask your ID/contractor on the timing to call Citygas for installation....rather than get it installed now then needing to pay for the temp stop.

The citygas Customer Service told me vaguely should be after wall tiles/wet works, before cabinets are done. [i asked when I should call them back to install my piping since they took it off temporarily]

• Like 1

Are you going to HDB to complete the resale transaction? If yes, the SP services is just on the extreme left hand corner of the resale waiting area.

HDB gives you a letter to proof that you are now the new owner of the flat, you can just use the letter to go the SP services counter ask to apply for an account. I did it on the same day around 5 pm.

The lady at the counter just gave me a form to fill up. They can check on the computer, so I was informed that the previous owner had water, electricity and gas account in the unit, all meters were outside the unit....so basically that meant I could 'take over' the accounts at the unit.....

The lady also informed me that their technician (or whatever that designation was) will go down to my unit the next day to take readings and cut over. So whatever used before that date was the prior owners, after that was mine. The meters were all outside my unit, so I didn't have to be present when they took the readings.

Thanks so much for the information.

I will not be concluding my transaction there but will go down and check with the SP services.

Forgot to mention. If there is already citygas piping in your unit, you need to call Citygas to temporarily stop the gas supply while you are renovating....$60 charges...will be reflected in bill.

So if you don't already have piped gas, might be better to ask your ID/contractor on the timing to call Citygas for installation....rather than get it installed now then needing to pay for the temp stop.

The citygas Customer Service told me vaguely should be after wall tiles/wet works, before cabinets are done. [i asked when I should call them back to install my piping since they took it off temporarily]

Thanks again.

Guess I will need to check with both SP services & my ID on this.

Thanks so much for the information.

I will not be concluding my transaction there but will go down and check with the SP services.

One other way is to submit an application account online :

http://www.singaporepower.com.sg/irj/portal?NavigationTarget=navurl://439dde55d86722478dd402de8fd59890&windowId=undefined

Hee...I researched but ended up going to the SP services counter anyways since I was already physically there...

Good info on the city gas, didnt knw about that too. But if I'm not doing the kitchen, do I need to stop it?

Probably not. I actually called the contractor first after I found there is citygas supply....he said to call citygas to stop supply...

I asked the Citygas customer service lady over the phone again to confirm if it is really needed. Was trying to save the $60 - ngiao me.

She checked with some person (put me on hold a while) and asked if I am hacking kitchen wall tiles and I said yes, hacking the whole kitchen....so she advised to stop supply for 'safety reasons'.

• Like 1

Think I better ask my agent to check with the owner side and if they are under city gas. :notti:

Hey its always good to save regardless of amount ... :good:

One of my friend just told me that MBR door should not face bathroom door due to FengShui.

Does anyone know about this and can share ?

Please advise !! !!

I typed this really long reply.. and it got deleted. -.-" coz i pressed the wrong button.

I am quite a pantang person but im not THAT great at FS.. so take my advise with a pinch of salt.

Some positions your bed cannot face, 1. main door 2, body cannot be in line with toilet door, 3, bed cannot rest on toilet wall. 4, bed cannot rest on window wall. like that how?

haha.. my fren had a similiar problem as you. What they did was that, they erected a "wall" at the entrance of the toilet. so it looked very.. european way of reno. so that means when u go toilet, you need to walk around this wall.

So that the wall didnt look silly, they put a mirror on this wall and convertered it into a standing vanity (just hammered a shelf into the wall). So while the husband is in the shower, she is putting on make up at the wall.

BTW, the layout is exactly the same as my hubby's home. By right, the distance from back wall where u propose to put ur bed to your leg, your bed shouldnt be long enought to hit the toilet door lei.. They using king sized bed.

I hope this helps!