Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
claypot

Tam-Pines Head-Dee-Bee 3-Rm Re-Newal Tea-Blog

Did another round of defect inspection. Turned ON all the lights and took photos too, before the furniture and electrical appliances are delivered:

shoe cabinet:

4F57087E-1BE2-4710-9D47-41ADCF5A55BF_zps

Living Room:

1D1986CF-AB91-4038-AE78-D2D2C309D6BB_zps

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Final payment made yesterday. Now it's time to clean the place up before the furniture comes

Congrats on your successful renovation! Now time to move in and enjoy your place. Looking forward to seeing how you decorate up the place. 10% over budget seems quite ok btw, most people I've spoken to exceed by about 20%?

Final payment made yesterday. Now it's time to clean the place up before the furniture comes

So Shiok!! Mine just started only. Sad.....

I've exceeded my budget by slightly over 10%.

There are certain items that are not exactly compulsory:

• Getting a better dinning table due to the quartz top
  • Water feature to create a relaxing smoothing environment
  • Artificial grass to create a relaxing smoothing environment
  • Getting a better water filter for better health
  • Getting a queen-size bed instead of a single bed as an investment for future wedding (but no gf yet :bleah: )

And there are some items that i did not anticipate or plan in the initial budget:

• roller binds/curtains
  • office chair
  • mirrors
  • bedroom doors replacement
  • kitchen window replacement
  • plastering of entire house
  • demolish and remove build-in wardrobe
  • box-up
  • water heater (yet to be purchased)
  • cupboard for storage (yet to be purchased)
  • vaccum cleaner (yet to be purchased)
  • cleaning accessories (yet to be purchased)
  • 3m Command hooks for hanging pictures, etc (yet to be purchased)
  • deco stuff (yet to be purchased)

Things i compromised in order to keep to the budget:

• typical top-freezer fridge instead of a french-door bottom-freezer
  • mechanical door/gate locks instead of digital door/gate locks
  • gas hob instead of induction hob
  • off-the-shelf tv console & wall-mounted cabinet instead of TV feature wall (no heart-pain as its substantial cost-saving)
  • off-the-self study table instead of customized study table (no heart-pain as its substantial cost-saving)

I'm sharing all these to provide some sort-of guidance for people who wants to do budgeting for their reno.

There are some cost-saving methods which i did not take:

• taobao (i've poor reading chinese ability, have to scrutinize the hidden cost, and possible delays/handing breakage, etc)
  • did not visit all the shops in singapore to compare prices (have to single-handedly do so much, its tiring to save just a single penny but i've at least make some attempts on most cases. its a "you win some, you lose some" )

I will post later all the bad experiences encountered. It will be factual and not condemning any particular person/shop (i hope :bleah: ) as it may be that i happened to be at the wrong place and at the wrong time so not everyone may encounter what i've.

Thanks for the detailed listing of costs we may forget to factor in.. Useful :good:

Oh and congrats on the completion of your reno too! Look forward to see the house with all the furnishings in :)

Edited by guojiawen

The bottom of the roller bind has a clear tube so that when the bind's base would to hit any objects, the sound will be minimal and doesn't scratch any surfaces.

461A187B-E083-47AC-812C-D026518CD4F9_zps

This bed frame was selected because it is curved and provide allowance for the aircon trunking at the bottom. So there's no gap between the top of the bed head-board and the wall.

C2397F62-11D4-4F64-A696-14E30F75BA63_zps

The wall LED lamp with adjustable stem at the middle of the bed:

DB300F58-DADD-4B58-9475-3A4FF6FA53DD_zps

The bottom of the roller bind has a clear tube so that when the bind's base would to hit any objects, the sound will be minimal and doesn't scratch any surfaces.

461A187B-E083-47AC-812C-D026518CD4F9_zps

Did you add it or comes with it ?

Once the storage bed is installed, i slept with an American Lady. Opps... I mean Lady Americana mattress. :bleah:

EC5ED551-18E8-43E9-9FF8-3CBC46B21C37_zps

Mattress is chiropractor-approved. not endorsed hor..

DD5FB4B7-AFDD-4BD1-A64F-84F4222E20EA_zps

Comes with 2 free pillows and 1 mattress-protector. I almost immediately fell asleep and took a short nap once the delivery man left and i laid on it. Good mattress or i'm just simply tired ?

63A19692-9D58-4363-9346-15F4F33918C0_zps

Edited by claypot