Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
claypot

Tam-Pines Head-Dee-Bee 3-Rm Re-Newal Tea-Blog

water marks easy to wipe off from glass surface. glass wall is to prevent water from splashing into the dining area.

Everytime after washing your dishes, wont the glass be wet?

Lidat must maintain leh~ :jawdrop:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think having the idea of the glass panel is great as it makes the whole place looks bigger and brighter

Finally its coming to a close (by the end of this week.)

Rectifications include:

- repair the main entrance door due to scratches

- replace the laminated kitchen bottom cabinet door due to chipped laminate at the end

I haven't got time to go down for the past 5days, over the past week or so, it was the final painting & acid-wash/cleaning (as updated by my ID without any photos). Only left is the mounting of the curtain rod at the kitchen-living room boundary.

Wah.

my advice is to really take a tour and look around for any rectifications needed 1 last time

(*Don't forget to test the bathroom water drainage and etc)

oh dear. went with my friend to take a look this evening. After the acid/chemical wash, the place is no longer dusty and the defects become even more clearer.

Firstly, the living room wood tiles grouting lines

7B473E85-F3C9-4842-BFC5-ED405A1F7303_zps

Secondly, scratch at the tall kitchen cabinet door

715CCC8A-635B-4763-8ED1-11B8925A698A_zps

Thirdly, gap between window still and wall

7B673614-725D-4DFE-B96B-5C279348DC51_zps

Fourth, the wood shelf at the MBR wardrobe:

D00B2F90-1005-461D-974E-DC983C097317_zps

Lastly (i hope its the last), the box-up of the switches and plug in the shoe cabinet is not fastened:

F88DB36D-C32D-448B-8635-295426A9AAC4_zps

The main door scratches seems to be rectified. Final Painting seems okay. Not sure when the rectifications can be completed as my first batch of delivery is this coming Friday evening :(. horrors of horrors at this last stage. but not so bad lah as compared to others. :bleah: but still haizz.....

Wah.

my advice is to really take a tour and look around for any rectifications needed 1 last time

(*Don't forget to test the bathroom water drainage and etc)

yes, done that this evening.

kitchen water drainage test done last month as posted in my previous postings.

bathroom water drainage test not required because i didn't renovate my bathroom at all :P

Edited by claypot

Late afternoon, i went to purchase artificial grass to be placed in the foyer. Ordered 2m x 1m. but was given 2m x 1.3m at no additional cost which was a good surprised as i actually needed 2m x 1.03m. I also cut the grass myself with some guidance by the seller. Photo of it rolled up for transportation. will take photos of it once its unrolled in my foyer next saturday. stay tune then...

9800297D-6E65-45C0-B7E8-50CB640FC55D_zps

Sorry to hear abt the defects but I think all of them can be resolve so no worries...

Think its really lucky don have major kind which will give you big headache...

By the way congrats on the complete Reno

Hi claypot,

Your kitchen mixer is very nice indeed! Classic, timeless look with functionality. May I know how much you bought it for?

Can't remember. Bought more than 2 months ago (this shows how long my reno is due to CNY). It was bought together with the kitchen sink so got bundle discount. It's pullout but it's not the spray type so the water pressure is not strong.

Edited by claypot

Late afternoon, i went to purchase artificial grass to be placed in the foyer. Ordered 2m x 1m. but was given 2m x 1.3m at no additional cost which was a good surprised as i actually needed 2m x 1.03m. I also cut the grass myself with some guidance by the seller. Photo of it rolled up for transportation. will take photos of it once its unrolled in my foyer next saturday. stay tune then...

9800297D-6E65-45C0-B7E8-50CB640FC55D_zps

Hi claypot, may i ask where did you purchase this from? thanks

I've exceeded my budget by slightly over 10%.

There are certain items that are not exactly compulsory:

• Getting a better dinning table due to the quartz top
  • Water feature to create a relaxing smoothing environment
  • Artificial grass to create a relaxing smoothing environment
  • Getting a better water filter for better health
  • Getting a queen-size bed instead of a single bed as an investment for future wedding (but no gf yet :bleah: )

And there are some items that i did not anticipate or plan in the initial budget:

• roller binds/curtains
  • office chair
  • mirrors
  • bedroom doors replacement
  • kitchen window replacement
  • plastering of entire house
  • demolish and remove build-in wardrobe
  • box-up
  • water heater (yet to be purchased)
  • cupboard for storage (yet to be purchased)
  • vaccum cleaner (yet to be purchased)
  • cleaning accessories (yet to be purchased)
  • 3m Command hooks for hanging pictures, etc (yet to be purchased)
  • deco stuff (yet to be purchased)

Things i compromised in order to keep to the budget:

• typical top-freezer fridge instead of a french-door bottom-freezer
  • mechanical door/gate locks instead of digital door/gate locks
  • gas hob instead of induction hob
  • off-the-shelf tv console & wall-mounted cabinet instead of TV feature wall (no heart-pain as its substantial cost-saving)
  • off-the-self study table instead of customized study table (no heart-pain as its substantial cost-saving)

I'm sharing all these to provide some sort-of guidance for people who wants to do budgeting for their reno.

There are some cost-saving methods which i did not take:

• taobao (i've poor reading chinese ability, have to scrutinize the hidden cost, and possible delays/handing breakage, etc)
  • did not visit all the shops in singapore to compare prices (have to single-handedly do so much, its tiring to save just a single penny but i've at least make some attempts on most cases. its a "you win some, you lose some" )

I will post later all the bad experiences encountered. It will be factual and not condemning any particular person/shop (i hope :bleah: ) as it may be that i happened to be at the wrong place and at the wrong time so not everyone may encounter what i've.

Edited by claypot

• Like 1