Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xiaobao

Avoid This Mover At All Costs -- Advance Care Delivery Pte Ltd, Contact: 8133 2121

Dear all, I had a very bad experience with this mover -- Advance Care Delivery Pte Ltd. This company's registered address is in Tampines St 93. They have another company called Advance Creation 'N' Pack Pte Ltd. The contact person is Bernard.

Avoid using Advance Care Delivery Pte Ltd at all costs!!

I have a few boxes that need to be transferred to another place. Since there are not many things to be moved, so I decided to look for a small moving company rather than the bigger companies or more established companies but now I regret for not engaging the services from the more established ones!!

I called them up a week ago to inquire on the quotation, as well as to ask if they can provide free boxes for moving. The person in charge, Bernard told me that boxes are free and they can deliver to my address before the moving date. They said I have to pay a refundable deposit upon receiving the boxes. I further clarify with them if they will deduct the deposit from the total moving cost on the moving day itself and Bernard said I only have to pay the remaining balance on the moving day.

**So far all moving companies that I came across do not charge for boxes if they claimed it is FREE boxes. BUT beware of this company, they will charge you for the so called 'free boxes' and also other hidden costs!!!**

THe moving is scheduled to be few weeks later. they delivered the boxes to me the next day after I called them to make appointment and I noticed those are USED boxes. It's NOT brand new boxes,but USED boxes from previous clients! Well, nevermind, I can still use it for packing. When I start packing my items, I took a look on the receipt given to me again and noticed something is not right! the receipt stated ;the boxes are on loan, with refundable deposit of xx" I was shocked and puzzled, why the FREE boxes have now become 'boxes on loan'?? they did not tell me they only BORROW me the boxes, and NOT giving it to me for FREE. When I called Bernard, he sounded very rude and impatient, asking me what;s my problem so I asked him to clarify, he then shouted over the phone saying 'why you want to keep the boxes? You didn't tell me you want the boxes? Since you are going to unpack, you have to return us the boxes within one month!!" I asked him it was not make known to me the boxes ARE NOT FREE!!! Other moving companies can provide free boxes, why can't his company provide free boxes as they claimed??? DON't ADVERTISE FREE if it is not meant to be free!!

Please see below for their website where they claimed they provide free boxes,free wrapping services and free quotation. Now they want me to return the boxes after I unpack or I will be charged for the boxes!! Does that mean they will charge me for wrapping services and quotation on the moving day itself?!!! This is ridiculous!!!

http://www.adv-delivery.com/service.html

I immediately told him I'm not interested to engage his moving service anymore and I want to return him the boxes, all of it and refund of my deposit. The moving has not done yet and it is scheduled one month later and boxes are not used at all. Guess what the fellow told me? He said vulgarities over the phone and told me cannot refund even though his receipt stated 'refundable deposit'!!!I'm really pissed off and disappointed with this company! This company has the intention to cheat at the very beginning that's why they said 'free boxes' but on the receipt they wrote another thing hoping that you didn't see it!!!

I kena cheated and I don't want anyone to get cheated by the same company, so please beware of this company and avoid them at all cost! and also kindly spread the words to your family and friends to avoid using this company as they are dishonest and have the intention to cheat at the very beginning!!!

Those who used their services before and who also be cheated by this company, please share your experience here with other readers. Thank you!

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Xiao Bao, thanks for sharing.

I'm actually looking for movers also. Looking at Ann Hock Transport service, very reasonable rate but dunno good or not. :help:

Thanks for letting us know about such a horrible company. We used a reliable moving company which assist us from moving from Perth to Melbourne. Some reviews are so helpful to see the company's trustworthy.

DO NOT USE SUPERIOR MOVERS.

Unfortunately I used Superior Movers in Sept this year for a move and I was quoted 1.5 - 2 trucks by that fat dirty cheat ANDY TAN but ended up paying for 3.5 trucks. So to get it wrong by that much he must be either cheating me/ mis-quoted on purpose/ or he must be really **** at his job.....(he clearly cheated me as I was too busy on the day to supervise both ends). To make things worst, I had a lot of clothes on hangers to be moved and I specifically asked him if he would provide the 'clothes hanger' moving boxes. He said "no worries" we give u moving racks on the day". On the actual date of the move he only had 2 'clothes hanger' moving racks (which was clearly not enough) and he refused to do another 'run', arguing that he warned me already when its his job to assess my requirements! To make things worst his guys cracked one of my picture frames (they just put a label on it to say it was cracked - it was  definitely NOT cracked when I had prepared all the items there that day. They also broke my daughter's toy wooden kitchen. My mistake was to fall for his cheap quote.  Oh I nearly forgot....they turned up 3 HOURS LATE!. If it wasnt for my relationship with my condo mgmt they would have never got the job done. WORST movers ever experienced. U have been WARNED!!!! DO NOT USE  SUPERIOR REMOVALS THESE DIRTY CHEATS. Its people like Andy Tan that give honest Singaporeans a bad name.  

Recently my wife and I engaged their services. However, Mr Bernard was not as rude as how you have described him to be (though he may sound fierce and impatient). Probably he had a bad day on that unfortunate event a few years back.

My wife called him up as he was recommended by one of our friends who had used their services before, and Mr Bernard spoke to my wife over the phone rather nicely (we were not expecting that as we had read this forum prior to calling him). Due to our hectic schedules, we made an appointment with him to come to our place and take a look at the items we needed to move to our new place at around 10pm when both of us were back from work. He agreed without hesitation unlikely most of the moving companies which have to be within their working hours (mostly between 9am - 6pm).

After seeing our stuff to be moved, he gave us a reasonable quotation which both my wife and I were alright with given the number of items needed to be moved (including a piano). We did ask him about the boxes which were mentioned in this forum as that was one of the concerns we had, and we do not want any unfortunate argument to arise due to miscommunication. Mr Bernard explained quite patiently to us that the boxes are actually on loan to us and we will need to return back to him after unpacking (he explained that some companies gave free boxes are because there are additional costs which were factored into the quotation for moving, some have to be paid for). Since we do not need the boxes after unpacking (and they take up a lot of spaces), we agreed with the refundable deposit which was imposed.

On the Saturday morning which was scheduled for moving, his team came 10 minutes ahead of our agreed timing in the morning. They were helpful enough to ask us if we needed any assistance with the packing (they saw that we were still packing some items into the boxes they provided). At first, my wife was quite reluctant with their offer because some of the items are very fragile and have sentimental values, but seeing how careful they are with the other packed boxes, we eventually asked them for their help to pack some of the items into the remaining boxes. We were actually still packing after 15 minutes from our scheduled time..

After finally packing the remaining items into the boxes and loading them onto the lorry, we made our way to our new place with them following behind our car all the time (we were afraid that they might drive recklessly and damage our stuff). Although they were behind schedule, they patiently drove behind us and did not even bother to overtake us even when they already knew where the location would be.

Upon reaching our destination, they unloaded the boxes carefully and move them up to my new unit which is at the 8th floor. I offered my help but they said that they are paid to do the labour work and insisted that I'm the paying customer so I should leave the labour work to them while I rest myself under the air-conditioner. They finished unloading all the items within an hour and we paid the remaining balances including some tips for them to get some drinks.

One week after the moving, we unpacked all of our stuff and returned Mr Benard his boxes. We managed to get our deposits back too!

I wrote this comment here is because my wife and I are overall happy with their services and we would like to debunk any misunderstanding which may have happened back in 2014.

Thank you Mr Bernard and team for the effortless moving experience. We will definitely recommend their services to our friends and even to some readers here.

Peace out,

Lim

I used advance care delivery for my moving 2 weeks ago and they are professional, neat and fast. They wrapped up your mattress nicely before moving. This ensure it is clean and I was really grateful for that. Service was good and efficient as well and find their pricing relatively reasonable. Nothing was damage throughout the move, things were properly protected and they were really fast! What really impressed me was the attitude of these young lads, they were always joyous and helpful which really help to lessen the stress when it comes to moving.