Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
elin1029

My First Renovation Experience

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

There are still some outstanding works, even thought full payment has been made.

- install extension tube to rain shower to bring it higher

- replace generic hinges to Blum ones

- install mirror in bathroom

- install yard door

I am glad to have taken some of these pictures because the house is now getting cluttered. Will take another set of pictures when the house is more complete.

wow can i check how much was the entire bathrub bathroom cost?

i plan to do smth similar but am afraid of several maintenance stuff.. like whether will splash out not when showering. den need to dry lol

wow can i check how much was the entire bathrub bathroom cost?

i plan to do smth similar but am afraid of several maintenance stuff.. like whether will splash out not when showering. den need to dry lol

Erm, a bit hard to say how much it cost leh. But the work done includes tiling the floor, tiling the wall, painting the wall, bathtub, bathtub mixer, vanity counter, mirror (just installed today, will post picture soon), plumbing, electrical, lights, etc. maybe 5k?

Am afraid of maintenance too. So you know what? I've moved in almost a month and haven't used the tub yet! Only the boy has played in it twice. The bathroom is hardly used. We usually used the common bathroom, so only need to clean one bathroom!

Nobody uses PPR pipes? I searched renotalk forum and from the various discussions it seems PPR pipes are cheaper than copper pipes, like half the price. Hmm... somehow I was given the impression that PPR pipes are good and expensive and I had to top up quite a sum of money to replace existing pipes with PPR pipes.

Anyway, I made the final payment yesterday and my renovation has officially completed. Some outstanding works, but no urgency. I would like to share my thoughts and highlight some experiences from this renovation process. My contractor is Mr K.

Nobody uses PPR pipes? I searched renotalk forum and from the various discussions it seems PPR pipes are cheaper than copper pipes, like half the price. Hmm... somehow I was given the impression that PPR pipes are good and expensive and I had to top up quite a sum of money to replace existing pipes with PPR pipes.

Anyway, I made the final payment yesterday and my renovation has officially completed. Some outstanding works, but no urgency. I would like to share my thoughts and highlight some experiences from this renovation process. My contractor is Mr K.

Erm, a bit hard to say how much it cost leh. But the work done includes tiling the floor, tiling the wall, painting the wall, bathtub, bathtub mixer, vanity counter, mirror (just installed today, will post picture soon), plumbing, electrical, lights, etc. maybe 5k?

Am afraid of maintenance too. So you know what? I've moved in almost a month and haven't used the tub yet! Only the boy has played in it twice. The bathroom is hardly used. We usually used the common bathroom, so only need to clean one bathroom!

yea cos i see like quite hard to manage soapy water if it splashes out... but its lovelyyyyyyyyyy. i love it :( might consider that for MBR as well.

ahhhh okok, 5k sounds just about right. am doing all the above except tiling the floor.. so prob 4k for me lol

mad love for your toilets - bold move to paint! typically we opt to tile it but actually if water is contained to shower area (which is what most toilets today have anyway), paint should last I reckon!

mad love for your kitchen too! the flooring is HERF right? is it Amsterdam eggshell? my hubby sooooooo scared to use grey/white!